• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,807 Views, 271 Comments

Yonder Wandered Fluttershy - Darkonshadows



Fluttershy is a long way from home; will she survive the harsh and crazy universe while exploring its many wonders? She loves everything after all, now she has to prove that she does and it may just keep her alive.

  • ...
7
 271
 2,807

PreviousChapters Next
100

Waking up in a small room in an uncomfortable position was not a thing a pony wanted to do, especially not when a demon was around and you were on your back with your hind legs spread out on a table in the middle of said room. She hadn’t seen Luna because she hadn’t actually fallen asleep; she had been choked into unconsciousness.

Fluttershy had only been captured twice in her long journey, once by Bonnie with a meticulously well planned move and the other was on that vessel with the strange purple clad metallic beings. While she hadn’t escaped Bonnie, she had escaped the other problem and now she was the prisoner of a demon. That would explain why her legs were chained down the way they were and she was incapable of moving, surprisingly she didn’t feel like she had been violated while she had been out cold. She had heard that demons did lots of nasty things to those who deal with them and Fluttershy obviously wasn’t going to make a deal with this one.

The door to the room slammed open and the red demon ducked his way into the room while giving her a look that left her frightful.

“Ah, you’re awake. It is so nice of you to rejoin us in the world before the paradox sets off. The only reason why you are alive and untouched is because without you the paradox wouldn’t be possible and should anything happen to you it might never happen.” The large red cat like demon stepped up and curled his fingers around Fluttershy’s chin to force her to look up at him. There were nasty looking markings across his chest and face from where Felicia hit him. His eyes were quite horrific to stare into. “The reason why I haven’t defiled you yet is because I need you in good health, since in a little more than an hour from now you’ll cause the world to become destroyed. Your friend who gave me these scars won’t be able to fix it then and I will see everything fall into glorious despair, I’ll enjoy your delicious little form as well my morsel and I play with my food. I’m just saving you for the event and after that... well, you know.”

“What happened to her?” Upon hearing her question a shivering Fluttershy noted that the demon looked like he swallowed a bitter pill as he released her chin allowing her to look away.

“She still lives and is untouched; while she is unable to break free she is using her magic to protect herself from me. I can’t let her exist or she will inevitably fix what caused the paradox. The only thing keeping your friend safe from my powers is her armor and magic; it is somehow preventing me from taking her. Even then it is almost too late for her to stop me; since as long as you live and the problem isn’t fixed, the paradox will happen.” The cat demon smiled at Fluttershy. “Now don’t go anywhere, I wouldn’t want you to get hurt now. I’m sure you’re my front row seat to the destruction of this world. If you wish to know your captors name, just call me Red. I can’t wait to spill your blood; it’s one of my favorite things in the world to do and I’m sure we’ll get to know each other better real soon. Just know that I will rise to power with this event.”

Red stood up tall and turned to leave the room, he sent back one last glance between Fluttershy’s rear legs and licked his lips. He slammed the door and stalked off cackling, it left Fluttershy a quivering wreck. She didn’t need to be a genius to know that he intended to rape her. The fact that he hadn’t done so already to Felicia was a good thing to hear at least. Aldebarans were of a highly demon resistant magical people and it was a good trait to have when it came to keeping one from being horribly brutalized by someone like Red and it was unfortunate that she herself didn’t have that trait. It made her lucky she was the cause of the paradox at least and that he wouldn’t harm her for fear of making the paradox fail to happen.

Taking a glance around Fluttershy took in the metal walls covered in blood; Red hadn’t done much to her aside from psychologically scarring her again. At this point the pony would rather kill herself than let the world fall to destruction, but she still had a chance if she could reach Felicia as those were her two options. Figure out how to die when chained tightly to a cold metal table or meet up with Felicia, she pretty much preferred the second option.

She tried to move and didn’t feel even a bit of looseness in the chains; surprisingly despite having her neck chained down she felt she still had the translation device and the Lunar Locket around her neck. She didn’t see how either of those would help in this situation, there was a ventilation shaft into the room, but it was so small that only a rat could get through it. The only other option Fluttershy could really work was summoning the memory stones, both the one from the past and the one from her present.

Concentrating the memory stones appeared on top of her left hoof, she immediately called out to Felicia.

“Felicia can you hear me?” The response was almost immediate and Fluttershy could hear the relief coming from the other end.

“Oh thank goodness! Fluttershy are you okay? He didn’t hurt you did he? Once I get free I’m going to send him back to where he came from, I promise!” Felicia didn’t sound scared at all, only really angry and pissed off.

“I’m okay Felicia, he hasn’t hurt me. He said he needs me alive and in good condition for the paradox to go off.” Gulping a bit, Fluttershy decided to bite the cannonball on this one. “I really don’t like it, but if we can’t meet up in time and if you don’t fix the problem… I might have to kill myself. I really don’t want to doom this world to destruction.”

“Don’t worry Fluttershy; he’s barely keeping me down and is using a lot of power to hold me here. So don’t do anything crazy, I’m trying my hardest to break free here and I wouldn’t like my efforts in saving the both of us to go to waste.” The pony could almost see Felicia the grey furred Aldebaran glowing with power as a mental image of what she was doing at the moment. “The people of Aldebaran won’t fail you a second time! I’ve already called for help as this place wherever we are is swamped in demons, likely being controlled by that Red guy.”

“Oh, I’m not going anywhere. He has me chained down quite thoroughly so I can’t even hurt myself even if I tried to. The way he has me chained down is rather disconcerting though.” Fluttershy could still move her wings and could grab the chains with them, but they weren’t strong enough to break the metal pinning her in place. “To think this is the same morning I was teaching my daughter to fly, at least my little Soft Echo is safe.”

“That’s just another reason for me to break out and for you to continue existing.” Felicia sounded rather strained, as if she was fighting to break free of her own confinement.

“Do not worry; we are coming to help you two soon. Hold on a little bit longer, we will be able to stop the paradox before it destroys everything.” The third voice sounded rather calm and composed, yet there was an undermining feeling of worry to it.

“Master Jenny!” The joy in Felicia’s voice was heard, after which it sounded like she doubled in her efforts in escape. “We only have a little more than hour before it happens. The demon known as Red said that sun will rise upon devastation. I’m already trying to break free, but with your assistance we’re assured victory. Please hurry.”

“You are surrounded by quite a number of demons, if you can break free and reach Fluttershy by the time we can reach you it will be all for the better.” Jenny’s voice was rather reassuring to Fluttershy as much as Felicia’s great upturn in emotional strength. “Concentrate on freeing yourself Felicia; you’ve come a long way in your powers. Even though I believe I will have little left to teach you, I know that we will always be great friends. Though you will still have a lot to learn personally about yourself and who you are, you’re still a growing kitten after all. We are preparing to storm you’re location on foot, you have made many an ally on this world Fluttershy and I hope they will be helpful in the coming battle. Show your claws Felicia and bare your fangs, send this demon and his army running in my direction in fear.”

The affectionate tone was rather nice on the ears, but Fluttershy couldn’t help but feel sorry about causing all of this trouble in the first place. She had to wonder what Jenny meant by allies, Bonnie certainly didn’t come to the west coast at this time and it was still before she, Soft and the memory stone fell into the portal. She flexed her wings several times; they weren’t as strong as Rainbow’s and they weren’t going to be useful in her getting free even if they weren’t chained down.

Still feeling rather anxious about her position Fluttershy didn’t like chains nearly as much as she liked ropes, the rusted metal chains would have chafed if they were wrapped around her and the manacles on her hooves weren’t much better. An idea occurred to her that she had never thought of before. Being a pegasus, Fluttershy had just thought of a way to free herself. It was gross, but she bet Rainbow would certainly get a laugh out of this later.

Inhaling, the pony had to do this just right and she hoped that she’d be able to do something with her idea. This was going to be an interesting idea in winged pony physics nonetheless even if it didn’t work; it would be an interesting to at least know whether or not it could be achieved. Being the academic pony she was, Fluttershy was going to put her little idea to the test and if it worked she would have to eventually tell her friends about what she had to do to get out of being shackled down.

-

“What do you think she’s doing?” Pearl had no idea what she was looking at, but after time became frozen Discord was busy watching Fluttershy in the past and would restart time when she made it back to the present.

“Something intelligent I believe, that is so like her to think outside the box. While she is causing a wonderful amount of chaos, I don’t like the company she is keeping in that large red fellow.” Discord didn’t have to watch past Fluttershy to know what the present Fluttershy was doing; time travel was an iffy thing that Discord wouldn’t touch for the fear of causing a disaster just like the one Fluttershy was on the brink of. The last time a pony time traveled was when Tirek got free of Tartarus, freezing time everywhere wasn’t nearly as problematic. He was watching Fluttershy in real time as she went back into the past; it had almost thrown him when she disappeared for a moment. “Aside from stopping time, if my powers worked outside of this planet I would happily torture that demon in the most ironic of manners for treating Fluttershy so horridly. How can he capture her without giving her popcorn after she wakes up? Also she prefers ropes!”

“So, about that Star Nomad who is about to reach Equus?” Pearl was actually finding the chaotic being to remind her somewhat of a little child. Discord stopping time throughout the universe was a little improbable to her, but Steven destroyed a time travel related artifact to fix a time travel problem once. It wasn’t entirely impossible, seeing it personally made it completely possible if you were powerful enough. Until Fluttershy met up with them present time, Discord wasn’t going to let time continue forward.

“I think he is more powerful than even I am and he’s friends with Fluttershy, I don’t have any personal issues with him. Though he is taking his sweet time with getting here, he seems like the guy to stop and do good deeds no matter how much of a distraction it is to him or his goals of bringing Fluttershy back to us. At least he’s bringing his chaos with him, that will be interesting.” When Discord froze time he had incidentally caught two ponies in time with him the other was still watching the screen quietly, he didn’t know what to think of Maud and he couldn’t read her emotions as well as he could instantly read anyone else. It was hard for him to think of her as Pinkie’s sister, she seemed rather dull even if she was in love with what amounted to a living rock, which was in itself interesting.

“Now that you mention it, I would like some popcorn.” Maud said dully even as she cuddled against Pearl’s side making the somewhat fake pony blush in a green tint resembling the color of moss.

-

“Huh, an insane asylum. Classy, but at a guess everyone inside is already dead except for fluffy butt the paradox monger and your kitten.” For the life of her Belladonna couldn’t understand why she was getting constantly stared at by Chuck and Scratchy, it was like they haven’t heard of demons wiping out all life in a building before. Oh wait, maybe they haven’t because Annabelle kept sending them on kiddy little ‘good boy’ missions. No high end combat training whatsoever, Annabelle was too soft and all the more sexy for it in her opinion. A squeaking sound came from her back. “You’re mother isn’t dead you little tick. Doubt we’re getting in without a fight cat lady, look at the entrance.”

“Yes, there seems to be a lot of demons in the way. You really shouldn’t be here Willy. I know you want to help, but demons are a different matter than dealing with atmosphere converters or toad machinery which is about as good as Earth mechanical engineering as far as I can tell. It is a surprise that your race is not better traveled in space and that all the infighting is preventing their spread to other habitable planets.” Jenny calmly stated and she looked back at Willy who smiled impishly at her. The blond kid in the glasses was a genius level human of his species and he was altruistic in the extreme, good traits to have even if it kept putting him in the line of fire. She noticed he had a holstered maser pistol and frowned. “Where did you get that weapon Willy?”

“Dead Eye gave me one of his fifty nine spare guns and taught me how to take care of it. I have to wonder if maser weaponry is effective against mystical beings.” Willy looked at Belladonna with something akin to worry, he had no idea that hell hounds actually existed or that this particular one was considered a boogeyman among dog kind. Now he was beginning to see that Earth itself had magical things, his portal to the Righteous Indignation might as well be a miracle itself since the device wasn’t exactly made to do what it does.

“Don’t worry I won’t bite, I haven’t hurt the little tick yet and she’s been clinging to me since I walked into the bar her mother was taking a break at before she got grabbed. Does that thing generate light? If it does, it should be effective against shadow demons at the very least.” Turning back to the entrance where there were a ton of demons standing guard, Belladonna snorted softly at the meager numbers Red managed to rally to the cause. “The only reason I’m here is so that I can get this over with and to finally get this annoying nuisance off my back!”

“Oh come on Belladonna, why are you really doing this? If you wanted to you could have easily dropped her on the ground and flown away at any time. She doesn’t seem to have much flying experience with those wings of hers.” Annabelle had Charlie and Itchy trailing behind her the entire time with them sending Belladonna suspicious looks; it always shocked them when she pointed out things about Belladonna’s character such as she never personally kills anyone and always tries to get someone else to do so. Sure she gets a little aggressive every now and then, but it wasn’t like Belladonna was truly down to her core evil. She was only mildly evil and Annabelle thought that was an endearing fact given that she was a submissive in bed, especially when it came to foreplay. Charlie was of good character, though he could have probably lived without knowing the nightmare of the sinking wooden boat covered in demons was Belladonna’s doing all those years ago. “Of course the boogey dog wants to boogie, so I can’t stop her if she wants to shred through the horde of demons guarding the gates. Why such a rather horrific display of power would be something I have no control over whatsoever.”

“You always did know how to talk my language Annie. It’s about time to get this little tick off of my back by scaring her and to finally show Chuck what I’ve been holding back.” Stalking forward and kneeling down, Belladonna let out a howl while her body lit alive with red energy and her eye turned a golden color. “Burning my soul, I bring alive the power of the beast. Unleash the power of truth, Psycho Burgundy!”

Instead of being scared of her ride suddenly engulfing herself in a powerful aura made up of her own soul being lit aflame, Soft Echo wrapped her hooves round Belladonna wing. She nuzzled the doggy’s neck with happy little squeaks as the warmth caressed her without hurting her at all.

“Oh Belladonna is always like this, always so melodramatic and over the top. Would you believe she’s into anime, video games and cartoons?” Annabelle smiled slightly while shaking her head as she knew what Belladonna was about to do. Surprisingly enough, anime, video game and cartoons could actually teach a magically or mystically powered individual to actually do the moves from said forms of media. “I would suggest everyone move back, she’s about to do something called ‘the very lonely one wave’. It’s one of the few things she’s actually managed to replicate using extremely compressed demon fire. Got her banned from heaven for a week the first time she managed to do it too.”

Everyone heeded the warning except for Soft Echo who watched as Belladonna gathered her paws together and simply stared at the glowing blue orb that grew into existence between her paws in amazement.

“Ka… me… ha… me… HA!” Everyone watched as a magnificently wide beam of burning energy cut a swath through hundreds of demons in seconds; surprisingly the building was still standing even if the front of it now had burnt stones all the way across it along with melted windows and it had caused such a loud thunderous noise in destroying the entrance. Looking at her back, Belladonna got a kiss on her nose which made her growl at the offending little pipsqueak that had the gall to just smile up at her as if she hadn’t just done something incredibly destructive, heck she could have taken the building down with her mother still inside of it! The little thing doesn’t seem to be learning that she was scary at all! She was still glowing red with power and her eyes were still solid gold at the moment and Soft Echo seemed to still be accepting everything she did! “Yeah, well. Hold on tight, I’ve got some more demons to wipe out and if you fall off I’m not picking you back up you stupid little tick.”

Soft Echo put her hooves around Belladonna’s neck to hold on tight and the scowl on the dogs face softened slightly, before it went back to full force as she blurred out of sight. She left those goggling at the power she had just unleashed behind in her dust. Moving forward they looked at all the burning demon bodies she left in her wake as she leaps through the smoldering entrance that had only melted door hinges left.

“That was… far more powerful than I would have expected from her.” Jenny did not want to fight that demon, there was so much power in that one attack and she could honestly tell that none of it went to waste. Hopefully that demon would stay on their side; the only other notable thing was that Virgil was remaining quiet throughout all of this.

“See, she’s like that all the time. I’m surprised she actually used the kid gloves with you like I told her to.” That earned Annabelle a flat stare from both Itchy and Charlie; they were more surprised at hearing Annabelle tell them that than the fact that Belladonna was truly far more dangerous than she first appeared to be.

“You mean, all the times we’ve face her before and she could have just done that…” Itchy motioned to all the smoldering demon bodies that weren’t about to get up. “She could have done this to us at anytime?”

“Oh good heavens no, she just can’t do that at any given time! There are limits to how much power she can actually use. Of course since she got fired from her job last week she’s allowed to use all of what she has now, but is far weaker than she was when she still had her job.” The gawking would continue as Annabelle pranced past everyone wagging her tail and flared her wings slightly, hopefully to knock them out of their stupors. “Come along then, Red couldn’t have possibly missed that. If it makes you feel any better I know how to do something called ‘final flash’, which is just as impressive since it uses holy light. It takes forever for me to charge it up though.”

-

Fluttershy had managed to destroy the manacles that were now bits of frozen metal and stood up; she moved over to the door and slowly cracked it open slightly to look out into the poorly lit hallway. She could see a few demons meandering about when she felt the entire building shake from some kind of explosive force.

Author's Note:

Might have jumped a shark a bit there. A tiny bit... maybe.

Belladonna is not going to have much energy for fighting Red after doing all that though.

Annabelle seems a tad lazy at times, but she still has her job and is far more powerful than Belladonna at the moment. She is however limited to the laws that govern both heaven and underworld realms.

Whereas Belladonna has nothing to stop her from blowing through all that power
a little too fast and she does have a maximum limit to how much she can take in injuries and how much energy she actually has. Since she literally lit her soul on fire to even do a Kamehameha wave, she's going to burn out rather quickly.

Having a job gives the demon or angel a lot of power that will be taken away as soon as they lose their jobs. Belladonna earned the power she still has on her own time, so she isn't anywhere near as helpless as she would be had she relied entirely on the power that was given to her.

PreviousChapters Next