• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,463 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,463

PreviousChapters Next
Would you like to hear a story?

“What!? Why?” Lyra’s shock overrode her caution and her voice rose above normal levels. Twilight turned and closed the door, understanding that Blue did not want the humans knowing he was here.

“Because I-ah,” pausing, Blue sighed and looked away, scratching the side of his face. Shifting from one leg to the other he looked everywhere except at the ponies. After a moment he sighed and returned his gaze to Lyra, and forced himself to talk.

“Because I have a talent that would break the world. Do you...remember when I made Celestia not kill us by locking eyes?” Blue looked away from Twilight’s curious gaze, and turned around to make sure the curtains were properly covering the window. Yes, they were as secure as the second time he had checked them.

“Yeah, what about it?” Lyra narrowed her eyes, feeling her curiosity brimming as if it had never left her, merely falling dormant. Finally, a long unsolved question in her mind was going to be answered.

“You knew I was lying. And...well. That ability is kinda like mind control in a way. I mean I would never force someone to do as I want, but it technically could be used like that. And it can be used on humans.” Blue sighed, and moved toward the couch, sitting down and pulling one of the Pokeballs off his belt and twirling it on one finger as he looked to it.

“So naturally, since our world has humans as the top, anything that can bring us down has to be stopped. In this case, anyone born with this ability is...executed.” Blue tossed the ball into the air and caught it, putting it back on the belt and looking toward Lyra, who had walked around to stand in front of the couch looking at him.

“I’m so shocked I can’t formulate an actual opinion about that,” remarked Twilight. Blue laughed weakly and nodded, looking to the floor.

“Red has it too, however his is easier to hide than mine. It’s the reason he doesn’t smile anymore, another thing that is my fault of course.” Blue sighed and rubbed his forehead, wondering where Red was right now. Why had they done that? Blue knew why of course, but he was still annoyed that was the best idea Red could come up with.

“How did you find out?” Twilight looked toward the door as a quiet knock sounded and went to check who it was. It turned out to be Rarity, who had come to check on what the delay was.

“Gram-Professor Oak told me about it. Apparently Gym Leaders and anyone who is a good Pokemon Trainer is forbidden from having kids for this very reason. Apparently when two good trainers come together and have a kid, it’s more likely to occur.” Blue sighed once more and looked to Lyra, who had fallen silent, absorbing this information.

“I understand why you didn’t want to tell me about it now, you didn’t want Giovanni to know.” Lyra was beginning to understand some of the weight that Blue had carried around for most of his life, trying to appear normal when not actually being so. Lyra felt slightly guilty at that, having had a life where she was free to be herself, except in most recent years with her attempts to regain Bon Bon as a friend.

“Yeah, well, turns out it didn’t really matter, he already knew. He was the one who accused me.” Gasps of more than three voices caused Blue to raise his head and realise all the ponies were here, and he lowered his head again.

“But he’s a convicted felon. He did bad things to Pokemon.” Lyra hadn’t actually heard the details of what Giovanni had done to Pokemon in his job as a gang boss, but he had seen her race as merely Pokemon and that was enough for her to label him bad.

“Apparently someone who might be able to control humans is a higher priority than someone who is a gang leader.” Blue stood up and walked toward a desk to the side that had pieces of an old Pokeball. A ghost of a smile fell on his face, she had tried to keep a memento. It cheered him up slightly.

“So what do we do?” Twilight was the one that spoke up, and Blue tuned to look at the group of seven ponies, and let a sad smile fall on his face as a hollow laugh escaped his lips. After a moment he bent down and began to laugh more loudly, approaching hysterical in his sound. Standing upright again, he wiped away the tears and looked at them once more.

“There’s nothing we can do. We do nothing, and I die. That’s the end of the story.” Blue then began to laugh again, this time it was obvious there was nothing happy about it, and the tears continued to fall from his face, masked under the pretence of laughter.

PreviousChapters Next