• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
So, considering we have time, let's start on a new story.

Twilight opened the door to Sugarcube corner, glancing behind her to Pinkie Pie. The room was almost pitch black, and she slowly walked inside, opening the curtains to let some light in. She soon spotted Lyra, and walked over to her.

“Lyra, Pinkie brought me here. What happened?” Twilight put a hoof to Lyra’s shoulder, but she jerked away and shook her head rapidly. Twilight sighed and turned toward the door, where Red and Green were bending down to enter, pulling off their helmets as they closed the door.

“Red, Lyra’s not responding.” Twilight moved aside as Red bent down to one knee and gently brought Lyra’s face to meet his eyes. After a brief moment, her face scrunched up and she turned away, sobbing quietly to herself. Red glanced to Green.

“Lyra and Blue had a fight. It was pretty serious from the sounds of it.” Green bit her lip as she translated for Twilight, who had only gleaned from Red that the situation was serious. Red and Green looked to each other, and Red stood up. Putting his helmet on, he left. Green sighed and rubbed her forehead, pulling up a chair and sitting near Lyra.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Green blinked as Lyra raised her head and gave her the dirtiest stare Green had ever seen, before lowering her head. Glancing toward the door, Green could tell this fight had somehow involved her.

“As if we needed more problems. Damnit Blue.” Green sighed and stood up, putting her helmet on as she began to head for the door, pausing as she passed Twilight.

“Stay with her for now, I have to get back to Lance. We still have other problems to solve after all.” With this, Green left the remaining ponies alone. Pinkie Pie quickly made an excuse, and left as well. Twilight sighed and pulled up a seat beside Lyra.


Somewhere deep in the Everfree Forest, hiding under a tree, Blue laid curled up in between two large tree roots. It would have been impossible to find him under normal circumstances. Of course, Red wasn’t exactly using ‘normal circumstances’ to find Blue. Gliding down, he landed his Charizard and walked toward Blue, knowing exactly where he was.

“Go away Red,” spoke Blue, covering his face with his arms as he rolled over so he wasn’t facing Red. Red continued walking toward Blue.

“I said, go away.” Blue raised his head and growled at Red, who paused a few steps away and stood there unflinchingly. Finally, Blue pulled off his bag and tossed it at Red.

“I said go away!” Blue shouted as he flung it with all his strength, Red catching it without so much as a change in his stance. Red let the bag drop to the ground, and Blue growled once more, turning away and curling back into his nook. Red walked over and took a seat beside Blue. It was silent for a minute or two.

“Please, go away.” Blue’s voice croaked, wavering as he struggled to keep emotion out of it. Anyone who was watching him would be able to tell he was trying to hide behind anger, and Red was no exception. After a moment, Red stood up, and walked away.

Blue curled up once more, and returned to whatever he was doing in the middle of the Everfree.


Lyra didn’t move from her position, even as Twilight slowly lifted her up with her magic and began to walk out of Sugarcube corner, heading for Lyra’s home. After arriving, Twilight pulled off the dress and undid Lyra’s hair, and gently laid her on the bed. Flash Fire leapt onto Lyra’s bed, and she curled her arms around him. Twilight turned and walked down the stairs. It wasn’t long, before Red returned, and sat down on the couch, putting a fist to his chin and frowning as he mused.

“So how’s Blue?” Twilight walked over as Red gave her a quick glance, and his frown deepened. Twilight sighed and took a seat next to Red. If only problems were as easily solved as the first time they had met. Red leaned back and closed his eyes, head facing the ceiling.

“What do we do?” Twilight mimicked Red’s action, and tilted her head as he shook his head slightly. Was there really nothing they could do? Twilight leaned forward and glanced to the stairs, wondering what was going through Lyra’s mind. Upstairs, Lyra was currently repeating Blue’s words over and over in her head, feeling sharp pains each time he repeated the word ‘Pokemon’.

’I’m not a Pokemon, I’m a pony. Blue himself said we are to be treated like humans, so why does he still see me as Pokemon?’ Lyra groaned and shifted, feeling the warmth of Flash Fire in her arms.

’I raised Flash Fire, could a Pokemon do that? I controlled Mewtwo. Well, truthfully Mewtwo allowed me to command him, but it still counts! Pokemon obey Ponies, I could train them if I so wished to.’ Lyra opened her eyes and looked to Flash Fire, who was comforting her even now. Raising her head to look toward the wall, Lyra bit her lip.

’But...When I went to the human world, the truth is I did just act like a Pokemon. Sure, Red and Blue gave me plenty of leeway but I was still following Red’s orders to the dot. Blue called me his Rival, but I’m just a Pokemon to him. Pokemon can’t be rivals.’ Lyra felt a slightly pricking in the back of her mind, and paused to muse on the word ‘rival’ for a moment. Why did Blue use that word, and not friend, when she questioned him about it? It happened too often to be a coincidence.

Come to think of it, Flash Fire too. Why give me a Pokemon if you see me as a Pokemon? Only trainers keep Poke-’ Suddenly, it began to make sense to Lyra. Ponies had the potential to both be humans and Pokemon by their world’s standards. People who kept Pokemon that were trained to fight were called trainers, and trainers always came in pairs called rivals.

’Was Blue...trying to turn me into a trainer?’ Lyra shook her head, that was crazy. Blue was just a jerk, a heartless bastard that wouldn’t give her what she wanted. Lyra knew he could give it to her, but he refused to on the grounds she was a Pony, and he a human. The Pokemon world saw Ponies as Pokemon, all thanks to her being the first one to be there. They saw Ponies as Pokemon because the first one they had met had been in that role.

Besides, I don’t need to fight to prove anything. I could easily beat Blue with one hoof behind my back.’ Lyra nodded to herself, she could easily beat Blue if she wanted to. Why should she? Lyra had nothing to prove. Blue was just a jerk, like she had throught during their first encounter nearly 8 years ago.

Why, I should march down there and challenge him to prove it! Call me a Pokemon will he? Well, this Pokemon is about to beat your sorry ass back to Pallet Town!’ Lyra stood up and gently picked up Flash Fire, gritting her teeth as her sadness turned to anger and determination. Blue was going to lose this fight, she would make sure of it. Lyra stormed down the stairs and rounded on Red, who looked to her, eyes widening slightly. Twilight jumped slightly on the couch.

“Take me to Blue,” she ordered.

PreviousChapters Next