• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
This was that story.

“Lance is gonna try to negotiate open borders between the portal once a proper place for it is decided, he should be over in a couple of days.” Blue smirked at the two legendaries as they bowed their head, and turned to Twilight.

“We will be on our way now. Please inform us of Lance’s arrival.” Turning, they left the group, walking past various people slowly packing up the camp and hauling it through the portal. Twilight turned her attention to Red, Blue, and Green.

“So you'se are off then? You will visit us right? Four years is quite a long time to wait between visits.” Twilight narrowed her eyes at Red, knowing he was likely the reason for the lack of visits. Red blinked, and looked to Blue.

“We’ll visit when we can of course, just don’t think it’ll be a daily, or even monthly thing.” Blue glanced around, and frowned as he looked for Lyra. After a moment he relaxed, seeing her coming, carrying a suitcase in her magic as Flash Fire jogged beside her.

“What will you be doing now?” Twilight turned as Lyra stopped, gasping slightly as she caught her breath. Raising her head, she smiled warmly at the group and walked over, holding the suitcase for Blue. Blue rolled his eyes, but took it and opened his mouth to answer.

“There’s a tournament coming up in a different region. Thinking it might be a worthy challenge. Plus, I hear there’s a whole Pokedex of pokemon in that place too.” Blue looked to Green, who nodded, pulling out a picture of a pokemon that looked like a tiny yellow chicken.

“Yeah, I even managed to convince the professor of that area to give me one of the starters.” Green beamed a smile, and folded up the picture. Rubbing her hands together, she thought silently to the Ditto in her box.

“I’m a little concerned though, what if the humans try to catch us once open borders open?” Twilight glanced to the people as the last batch of boxes was transported through the portal. Blue leaned down and brought his hand to Twilight’s chin, looking directly into her eyes seriously.

“Now listen, repeat what I say: Pokeballs don’t work on humans.” Blue decided omitting the fact Master Ball’s could was moot, Twilight had been there when he had first spoken about it. Twilight tilted her head, but obeyed.

“Pokeballs don’t work on humans.” What was he up to? Twilight had noticed humans didn’t seem to care if the pokeballs tapped them, but what about that Master Ball? Twilight supposed she would have to ask him another time.

“Ponies are human,” he continued.

“Ponies are human.” Twilight understood that part, it was quite important considering the relationship the portal would make for the future. Humans had technology, and they magic. Both had something the other wanted.

“Pokeballs don’t work on Ponies.” Blue sat up and dusted himself off, sharing a quiet smirk with Lyra. Twilight stood there, confused, and tilted her head. Blue glanced over his back and smiled.

“Just keep telling yourself that, and make sure all the other ponies know it too.” Blue once more joined Red, Green, and Lyra, and all nodded. Twilight didn’t really understand it, was it a psychology thing? No matter, she did trust Blue, and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

“Right, got everything Lyra? We can’t just fly back here on your whims you know.” Blue looked down as Lyra scrunched her face up, and poked him in the leg.

“We can if I whim it! But yes, I have everything.” Lyra smiled and closed her eyes, horn beginning to spark. After a moment, there was a soft poof, and she turned into a human. Holding out a hand, she took her suitcase back and turned to Twilight, tilting her head and giving a warm smile.

“Oh, one last thing, you should probably put Flash Fire into a ball. Pokemon tend to get airsick easily.” Blue dug around his bag and pulled out an empty pokeball, holding it out. Lyra scrunched up her face, but grabbed it and held it out to Flash Fire. After a moment, Lyra gently tapped it into Flash Fire’s forehead, and watched it shake. After a pleasing ping, she picked up the ball and looked down to her waist.

“Aw shoot, I didn’t give myself a belt.” Lyra blinked as both Red and Blue both held out a belt. Both shared a glance, and Red put his back in the bag. Lyra took Blue’s and strapped it around her waist.

“You learn to carry spares of everything.” Blue smiled warmly as Lyra slotted her first Pokemon into her belt, and looked up. After a moment, he blinked and turned once more to Twilight, and made a movement to the entire group. Twilight smiled warmly, and all returned it.

“Smell you later,” she spoke, a smirk appearing on her face. Blue lowered his head, and his shoulders moved, a very soft chuckle escaping his lips. Raising his head, they all turned and headed for the portal. After a moment, Blue hugged Lyra close to his chest and made a peace symbol, raising his hand into the air so it could be seen behind him.

“Smell you later.” And with that, all four entered the portal. It shimmered for a moment, and then vanished without a trace. Twilight smiled, and turned, heading towards her castle where her friends would no doubt be waiting. It had been a long road, and the road before her stretched longer still. But she knew they would meet again when they came to visit.

Looking around, she noticed three certain fillies run by. Apple Bloom was chasing the other two, roaring occasionally. Twilight actually felt herself startle each time she did so. The others screamed, giggled, and continued their chase. Scootaloo, a lot larger than the other two, was obviously slowing herself down to the same pace as the others. Sweetie Belle whistled, and an orange ball of fur dived into her, licking her face clean off. Turning, she pointed to Scoot and challenged her to a battle, diving at Scoot with a permanent marker. After a moment longer, all three soon dashed out of sight, Growlithe in tow.

“Indeed we will,” she spoke quietly, smile still on her face.

PreviousChapters Next