• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,459 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,459

PreviousChapters Next
Why would she, after the way he had left her that day.

After arriving in the castle, Twilight let Blue down and waited for him to pick himself to his feet. Walking over, Twilight took a seat on one of the six chairs. Blue sat down on one himself, and wondered how this was supposed to be ‘comfortable’.

“You don’t really want to learn magic do you.” Twilight spoke it as a statement, not a question, and Blue nodded. It was nice to see Twilight wasn’t so absorbed by her favorite activity, he assumed, to notice his reluctance.

“Alright, I won’t press you on it, how are you going to convince Lyra you did?” Standing up, Twilight’s horn sparked to life and she teleported out a bottle of water and some cups, pouring one for her and Blue.

“The thing is, she’ll know I didn’t, and then she’ll ask why and those are question I really don’t want to answer, so I really don’t have a choice.” Blue held out a hoof for the drink and gulped it down, watching Twilight once more take it in her magic and refill it.

“You always have a choice,” replied Twilight, sipping her drink thoughtfully. Blue growled irritably and waved his arm, motioning to nothing in particular.

“Well if you put it that way. I weighed each option as they occurred to me and what the possible outcomes of each action could be and then I decided on the one that has the least chance of backing me into a corner.” Blue wondered if Twilight was going to give him back the cup, he could use another drink to sip.

“You know, you’re pretty smart,” commented Twilight, watching Blue’s eyes widen as he turned to her.

“Excuse me?” Blue had actually missed that last part, he must have misheard.

“I said you’re pretty smart.” Twilight narrowed her eyes as once more Blue merely blinked in response.

“Right, could we change the topic?” Blue scratched the back of his head and looked away, shifting in his hard chair.

“Alright, I guess we can start teaching you magic if you want.” Twilight stood up and approached Blue, peering intently at his horn. Blue raised an eyebrow, before fighting hard to keep it lowered.

“Well you definitely have magic, but it doesn’t look like it’s connected to your horn like a normal pony’s would. That’s possibly because of the fact you’re not a pony, but I digress. I think I can probably coax it into your horn so you can cast spells, but I’m not sure what affect it will have on you in the long term.” Twilight leaned back and gave Blue some space, musing on the way his body was taking to the transformation.

Blue gulped and looked to his arm, and down to where his hands would normally be. What would he do if he couldn’t return to being human? The very thought chilled him and she suppressed a shudder, closing his eyes for a moment. Opening them he breathed out and turned to look to Twilight.

“My situation hasn’t exactly...changed.” Blue knew if he didn’t do something, Lyra would ask the difficult question he was trying to avoid. It was likely she was going to find out anyway, but he had to try. Arguing with Lyra was fun most of the time, but this was not an argument he wanted to have.

“I had to make sure you understood the risks. I’ve never done this sort of magic on a creature that has never had it to begin with. I guess we should get started.” Twilight stood on two legs, and put her front hooves on each side of Blue’s face. Leaning down, she gently touched her horn to his.

“I gotta warn you, the amount of strangeness you’ve felt these last few days is nothing compared to what you’re about to go through.” Twilight began to slowly start to channel magic into her horn, preparing the spell.

“Greeeat,” replied Blue enthusiastically. You could tell he was absolutely jumping for joy over the news. Twilight suppressed a smile at his antics and focused on the spell. It was similar to the one the Changelings used to drain love, and Tirek’s breathing in to drain a pony’s magic. Finished preparing the spell, Twilight began to slowly drain the magic from Blue from the tip of his horn, drawing the magic through his body.

At first, the magic resisted, having never naturally flowed before. After some coaxing, Twilight looked to Blue’s horn as it lit up with the same brown situated in his eyes. He groaned and tried to move away from Twilight, but she held his head firmly. Draining the magic that sprung to his horn, she watched the flow go from mere sparks to eventually a full on torrent. Twilight smiled, that was good, a strong flow meant he’d be able to channel more than normal.

As the flow rose, and steadied, she found the breaking point, the farthest she could force his magic to drain without possibly breaking the horn. That just left one final thing to do, and this was the part that actually posed some danger. Twilight stopped draining Blue’s magic, and instead reversed the spell, limiting the amount that would leave her horn so as to not overload Blue’s.


Lyra walked past the castle and heard a sharp bang, and felt her insides seize up, not realising she was opening the door in a panic until she had already done so. Inside, she saw Blue lying on one of the chairs and Twilight plastered to one of the walls. Lyra glanced between them, hesitating as she wondered who to help first.

“Bloody hell, you weren’t kidding.” Blue groaned and opened his eyes, rubbing the thing on his head that was throbbing in pain. It was actually the first time he had been aware it was even there. Blue was not happy.

“It’s not my fault, I didn’t know you were going to explode in my face.” Twilight pulled herself off the wall and landed on the ground, shaking off the effect of being thrown across the room. Noticing Lyra, she groaned and slowly limped over.

“Sorry I heard the explosion.” Lyra helped Twilight limp to one of the chairs and noticed Blue hadn’t moved, still rubbing his horn as if it was hurting him. Leaning in, Lyra lowered her voice.

“Is he ok?” Hearing Lyra’s voice, Twilight raised her head and looked to Blue, glancing to Lyra she growled in response.

“Of course he isn’t, he’s a creature who has just been given a strange body with strange physics and now he’s been forced to learn how to use it’s equally strange powers. Not to mention he is wanted by his world. So no Lyra, he isn’t ’okay’.” Twilight rubbed her face and shook off the explosion and grabbed her drink. Hovering the second cup over at Blue, she spoke with her eyes closed.

“Here.” Twilight gulped down her drink with gusto, enjoying every drop as she swallowed the water. Briefly, she felt someone take the cup and released her magic, opening her eyes and ‘ah’ing a she breathed out in pleasure. Sometimes, a good drink of water is all a pony needs. It was only then that she turned and saw what Blue was doing, and breathed in sharply.

“Blue how are you doing that?” Lyra beat Twilight to the punch, and pointed to the cup Blue was holding in the air, hovering slightly above the ground. It was shaking slightly, and sometimes the magic would almost fade completely, but it was still a remarkable feat. Blue turned and looked to them, no more confused than any other moment since he had arrived.

“Same way I picked up the book?” Blue shook his head and waited for them to explain. Honestly, apparently being about to pick things up with magic was normal, but levitating was not? Or was it more had hadn’t overthought it. Really it was just one confusion after another since he had been dumped here. Blue wondered what Red as doing right now.

“Well, whatever works for you I guess.” Twilight puffed her cheeks slightly and looked away, pouting over the fact Blue had gotten it quicker than she had. Sweetie Belle had been the same really, if only at a much weaker level due to age. It still annoyed Twilight, however. Lyra walked over and smirked at Blue.

“So, do you like being able to levitate objects at will?” Lyra held a knowing smile, expecting Blue to see exactly how lucky he was to be able to have magic now. However, her smile fell when he merely looked to the cup and shook his head.

“No, not really.” Blue didn’t like the feeling, it honestly made him feel sick. The feeling on his forehead, his own person thoughts on being able to do it, the fact Lyra seemed so happy he was finally experiencing it, it just made him feel exhausted. Blue vaguely wondered why, but supposed the dreams he had been having weren’t helping.

“Thanks Twilight, thanks Lyra. What time is it?” Blue closed his eyes as he felt his eyelids become heavy, remembering at the last moment to put the cup down. Was that a normal thing, forgetting you have stuff in your ‘magic’? Blue shuddered, it was best not to think about it.

“A few hours into the afternoon, why?” Lyra watched as Blue rose from the seat and nodded once to Twilight, muttering a goodbye, before turning to her. Motioning to the door, he began to make his way toward it with a stifled yawn. Lyra followed, and once more felt her guilt rise to the forefront. As she slowly began to walk with Blue back to the house, she looked the the ground and sighed.

“I’m sorry for putting you through all this, I know it’s been rough.” Lyra raised her head to meet Blue’s gaze as he looked to her, only slightly confused.

“What do you mean?” Blue wondered why Lyra was apologising for things outside her control. It was not like she’d had many options at the time, and Blue hadn’t been in the best states of mind either.

“Like forcing you to learn magic, and forcing you to become a pony. If you don't...It’ll be all my fault.” Lyra didn’t realise she had even began to cry until Blue raised a hoof and gently wiped them away, pulling her closer as he spoke.

“Hey now, that wasn’t your fault. Well, the forcing me to learn magic was but the pony thing wasn’t. ‘Ss far as I can tell there really was no other option other than my death, so I should really be thanking you for it.” Blue stopped walking, watching Lyra do the same. Rubbing his forehead he held out an arm as he began to motion, emphasising his words.

“Besides, it’s not so bad right? I’m sure we’ll find plenty to keep us occupied while we wait for either the forces to leave or Red’s return.” Blue smiled warmly, before letting his trademark smirk fall onto his face as he leaned in close to her ear.

“Besides, I’m awesome, remember?” Hearing Blue’s words, Lyra finally broke down and began to chuckle softly. They began moving once more, and Blue soon entered Lyra’s house. After a moment of each exchanging words, he headed up the stairs and closed the door on the spare bedroom, where he was sleeping. Jumping onto the bed, he sat upright and finally let his face scrunch up. Laying down and pulling the blanket around him, he faced the wall and tried to hide from the world.

’I just lied to Lyra, but she didn’t notice. Is it really that easy?’

PreviousChapters Next