• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
Year 3

“Applejack, it’s okay, we all have moments of weakness.” Twilight was comforting her friend, who was currently sitting beside her at the table, sipping some water. Sitting to her right was also Lyra, and Spike was sitting opposite Twilight. Lyra had seen the miracle tonic, and had bought some for herself, intending to save it for a rainy day. Oh well, it had only been a few bits.

“Ah know Ah know, ah jus feel like ah let everypony down. What kinda element of ‘onesty lies?” Applejack took a bite of her apple as Twilight put a hoof on her shoulder. Twilight knew Applejack just needed time to talk about her feelings. Lyra bit into her daisy sandwich and gulped it down, opening her mouth to speak.

“Applejack, no element is faultless. Rarity has moments of greed, Fluttershy has the stare, Rainbow Dash can sometime have problems deciding which loyalty to follow, Pinkie Pie has that whole ‘deflating hair when sad’ problem, and Twilight likes to spend her time in a book rather than with her friends. No offence.” Lyra glanced to Twilight, who winced but nodded, it was the truth. Applejack sighed and nodded absent mindedly.

“Ah know, but it dun change tha fact ah broke my vow of ‘onesty.” Applejack finished her drink and food, and stood up to leave, giving the table a gentle smile. Lyra and Twilight stood up as well, Spike quick to follow.

“Ah thank ya for lettin me talk ‘bout it.” Applejack waved goodbye, and turned to return to her stall of apple products. Twilight watched her go and sighed. Turning to Lyra, she paused and waited for her to turn her head.

“You didn’t really have to put it like that.” Seeing Lyra wince at her comment, Twilight smiled apologetically.

“Sorry, sorry. I’m used to speaking things as I think them.” Chuckling, Lyra scratched the back of her head and looked to the sky for a moment. The large diving platform was still up, looming over the city.

“You know I could probably survive that fall.”


Lyra stepped outside her house and breathed in the cold metallic smell of Ponyville. Confused, she opened her eyes and realised the street was now gold, and a lot of buildings had been turned into crystal. Looking around, she saw Twilight and the other Princesses very flustered and turned around.

“Nope,” she spoke, closing the door behind her.


After the Equestria Games Lyra was feeling excited. Twilight would be returning soon, having had to stay behind for cleanup. There were so many things she wanted to know about the events. How had Spike jumped so high? Was he willing to battle with Flash Fire? Could Lyra have one of those freezing arrows for study?

Twilight stepped out of the train, followed by her friends, Spike sleeping on her back. Seeing Lyra, Twilight walked over and held out a large, long box in her magic. Lyra took it in her own magic, and opened it, gasping in delight to see an archery set. Twilight chuckled, and Lyra close the lid, turning back to her.

“I saw your eyes sparkling in fascination when the event happened and sought out a set for you while I was leaving.” Twilight recoiled slightly as Lyra leapt forward for a crushing hug. After realising what Lyra was doing, she smiled and relaxed, returning the hug. Spike stirred on her back.

“I’ve actually gotta return to the Crystal Empire tomorrow for royal business, do you want to come?” Twilight watched Lyra consider it, glancing to the gift she had given. After a moment she chuckled and glanced to her friends as Rarity spoke up.

“I think Lyra would much rather play with her new toy.” Eyes sparkling with amusement, Rarity covered her mouth and chuckled as Lyra glared softly at her. Twilight and the others joined in shortly after, Lyra quick to follow.

“Rarity is right of course, I’ll pass this time. You six have fun with royal duties.” Lyra waved goodbye and headed home, greeting Flash Fire as she walked in the door. Putting her present down, she glanced out her window and sighed, letting her smile fall. Bon Bon no longer even looked at her.

Turning, she slowly walked through her living room and toward the small desk on the side holding the remains of something from a different universe. Gently picking it up in her hooves, she carefully arranged the pieces back into their unbroken form, and turned to look to the final piece missing from the device.

Lyra had scoured the area it had been shattered many times since that day, and had never found it. It was the purest sentiment why she wanted the round device restored. Lyra put it down, gently setting the pieces beside each other, before turning to look to Flash Fire. Smiling, Lyra sat down and let the pokemon sit beside her, leaning over to hug it.


Lyra wasn’t actually around during most of the battle against Tirek. Walking to the train, Lyra had gone to Canterlot so she could take a balloon to Cloudsdale and buy a book on Pegasi archery. It seemed to not like her using magic for it, and she even borrowed the cloudwalking spellbook from Twilight’s library before she left.

Returning home to Ponyville after the long day, Lyra didn’t even notice the new sights until she had hopped off the train, and paused to study the new book she had purchased about archery. Looking up, the first thing she saw was the flaming remains of Twilight’s Library, before she noticed the looming shadow of the new Crystal Palace.

Twilight and the others flew by colored very differently with highlights in their hair and their cutie mark spreading over their body like a virus, singing. Lyra thought for the first moment they were sick, but after seeing the happy faces, she relaxed and sighed, continuing on her way home. It was likely an element thing, she would ask about it later.

Lyra paused, and her eyes widened as she stood in front of the remains of her house. All her belongings were broken and Flash Fire was sitting out the front, licking a wound on his paw. Rushing over, she quickly hugged her Pokemon, and quietly sobbed in relief. Standing up, she walked toward Applejack’s with her Pokemon sleeping comfortably in her magic.

Big Mac would understand and let her stay the night in the barn.

PreviousChapters Next