• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,453 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,453

PreviousChapters Next
Year 1

Lyra strolled leisurely down Ponyville’s main street humming a soft tune to herself as she walked. Standing higher than most, she was nearly the size of an Alicorn, with a Mint Green fur and a green and white mane. Attached to her back was a saddlebag with the design of her cutie mark, a Lyre, and was bulging with what looked to be some sort of egg shaped item, but if was far too large to be a chicken egg.

Pausing, she blinked and rubbed her eyes as something began to crawl out of the Everfree, and looked around her, noticing the panic in everypony as they battled what was some weird weed from the Everfree. Looking around, she soon spotted Bon Bon, and dashed to help her friend out of the hold of one vine.

“Bon Bon, what’s going on?” Lyra bit down on the black vine, spitting out out as her tongue turned black from the fluid. Forcing herself not to swallow, she began to pull out more and more of the vine, eventually freeing her friend. Both quickly backed away from the vines, heading for the center of town.

“Something from the Everfree, Princess Twilight and the Elements of Harmony have already gone to solve it.” Bon Bon approached the group of cowering ponies at town hall, the vines approaching them slowly from all sides. Pegasi and Unicorns were trying various techniques and spells to try and keep the vines back, but those that weren’t caught found themselves making no dent. Eventually, they were all holed in in town hall, holding the door closed as vines threatened to spill in.

“What do we do Lyra? If these vines get in…” Bon Bon looked to her friend for guidance, who paused and put a hoof to her chin and frowned. None of the spells she knew would have an effect on the vines. There was nothing she could do. Lyra turned toward Bon Bon, and merely shook her head.

Suddenly, Lyra’s bag began to shake, gaining the attention of all as she gasped and brought out the egg in excitement, her situation temporarily forgotten. As the cracks broke apart, a bright light shone blinding everypony, before fading to reveal the creature inside. It was a small, bipedal Pokemon with bluish fur on top of its body, and a milky color on the underside. Lyra had no idea what it was called, but she fell in love instantly.

“Oh no, they’ve broken through!” Ponies began to back toward the walls as a large wave of plants came toward them, and Lyra began to back away herself. However her Pokemon was fearless, leaping from her arms and tackling the vine head on. The vines paused their advance, and began to strangle the Pokemon around the waist. Lyra quickly leapt forward, trying to get her Pokemon out before it was seriously injured.

A bright flash of light occurred once more, and Lyra covered her eyes, blinking the spots away to see bright flames erupting from four red spots on the Pokemon’s back. Lyra’s eyes widened, this Pokemon could make fire!

The vines retreated as the room began to heat up, occasionally trying to get closer. Each time they did however, the Pokemon would leap at them and sear them as it tackled it, flames spewing from it’s back. Lyra felt a smile grow on her face, eyes going wide. It wasn’t long after that the vines suddenly dried up, and died as if a wave had swept over them.

Lyra walked over and cautiously picked up her Pokemon, amazed that the flames weren’t hurting her. The Pokemon looked at her, and she could feel it’s pride and beamed a smile in response. The Pokemon curled up and fell promptly asleep, the flames extinguishing as it’s eyes closed.

“I think I’ll call you Flash Fire,” she spoke, nuzzling the Pokemon with her nose as she turned around to show Bon Bon. Her smile vanished a moment later as she saw the horror on Bon Bon’s face directed at the creature she was holding. Lyra turned and walked out the door, glaring at the air as she headed back toward her house.


“I tell ya darling, dearest Fluttershy makes the cutest Fruit Bat you have ever seen.” Rarity hovered a cup of tea next to Lyra with her magic, who took it with her hooves and siped it gratefully. While she didn’t overly enjoy tea, she couldn’t be rude. Both raised their heads and gave a chuckle at the scene before them.

Sweetie Belle, a filly with a light gray coat and pink and purple mane, was currently playing with the single two Pokemon that existed in Equestria. The first one, was Flash Fire, Lyra’s gift she had received off someone special. The second one was a large orange dog with fluffy fur that was called a ‘Growlithe’.

“So are you sure you are ok to look after Growlithe while Sweetie Belle stays with our parents? I wouldn’t normally ask this but you’re the only I know with...expertise in the area.” Both shared a quiet wince. Rarity and Lyra both knew how much trouble a Pokemon could cause if left unattended.

“It’s no problem, you take as long as you need in Manehattan. Good luck with the fashion show.” Lyra smiled and put her cup down as Rarity smiled as well. Lyra would admit, despite the fact she and Rarity had very little in common, it was hard not to be friends with somepony who was so...nice.


“I’m really sorry to leave Growlithe and go, but I really can’t dally. Rainbow Dash is insistent I must be there five hours in advance for the tryouts in Rainbow Falls.” Rarity held out the leash for Growlithe as Lyra took it, and let the Pokemon into her house. Growlithe quickly found Flash Fire, and both began to quickly play-fight.

“It’s fine, I was only sleeping,” winked Lyra, who chuckled at Rarity’s hesitation. Rolling her eyes, she gently pushed Rarity out the door and laughed loudly.

“Go, have fun! Tell Dash that I’m rooting for her!” Lyra saw Rarity smile once more in thanks and leave. Shaking her head, she closed the door and looked to the two Pokemon under her command. Rubbing her hooves together, she watched them play, wondering how much experience they would receive from today’s fight.

Lyra would show him, she could be just as good at training Pokemon as he could.

PreviousChapters Next