• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
So, then came the rules.

Entering the room, Lyra was almost blasted off her feet by the solid thumping of the music. Body swaying to the beat without thought, she headed for one of the free tables and sat down, bobbing her head. Blue joined her, looking over to the dance floor where a strobing light was sending colors over the partygoers.

“Man I love Vinyl’s work, she just knows how to bounce the room. Bounce Bounce goes the beat, Dance Dance Move your feet.” Lyra began to sing quietly to the music, closing her eyes and bopping her head in tune. A waiter came over and held out two drinks. Blue took them and placed one on the table, taking a sip of the second.

“Woah, that’s really strong.” Blue put his drink down as he felt the drink burn down his insides. Shuddering, he remembered one of the reasons he didn’t normally drink the harder stuff. Lyra didn’t seem to notice, still bopping her head to the beat.

“Moving your body in a trance, feel the rhythm, get up and daaance~” Lyra stood up and looked at Blue, grabbing his arm and pulling him closer to the dance floor. Blue recoiled, and for a brief moment Lyra was taken out of her trance. Lyra’s tail continued bopping to the beat in the meantime.

“Lyra, I really don’t want to dance.” Blue smiled awkwardly as Lyra narrowed her eyes, and stood on two feet, folding her arms as she looked disapprovingly at him, tail swinging to the beat. After a moment, her foot began to tap, and she returned to all hooves, her body beginning to move to the beat. Twirling around Blue, she leaned in close, her head bopping.

“Dance Dance, feel the sound. Move Move, shake it now. Come on Blue, listen now, boogie down or I’ll force you now.” Lyra winked as Blue winced, and looked down to his drink, and sighed, lowering his head. Breathing in, he straightened up and picked up the drink, and chugged it down in one move. Standing up, his chair scraped against the tiles, the sound swallowed up by the music. Leaning his hooves on the table, Blue closed his eyes for a moment and breathed in once more.

“That’s it Blue, move it, shake it.” Lyra led Blue encouragingly toward the dance floor’s edges as he glanced around like a caged animal. After a moment she laughed and grabbed his arm, and dragged him straight into the fray of it. Lyra stood up on two hooves and began to dance with the bodies around her, being absorbed into the crowd. Blue quickly lost sight of her, the music threatening to make him deaf, and the lights blinding him with many colors.

“Lyra?” Blue looked around, worried for where Lyra had gone. Trying to move through the crowd was proving impossible on four feet, and Blue attempted to get onto two as he tried to edge his way through the ponies around. Blue nearly fell a few times, but the many bodies bumping into everyone and anyone around him helped him stay upright. Eventually, Blue found that moving to the beat actually helped his search, allowing him to time movements between two bodies dancing close together.

“Move it, move it, groove it, groove it” There she was, dancing with an absolute stranger as she sung with the voice made for choir songs. Blue made his way through to her just as the song began to fade down to a less ear-blasting volume. Blue ignored the humiliating smirk she gave when she saw he was now moving to the same beat.

“Let’s hear it for Vinyl ponies! And now the dancer spotlight. For the best dancer in the group deserves one heck of a spotlight am I right ponies?” Blue didn’t recognize the voice that spoke, but he did recognize the spotlight as it highlighted Lyra, who gasped in glee and pulled him into it with her. Looking around, he saw all ponies stop dancing and vacate to the edges of the dance floor.

A new song started, this one just as thumping as the last one. As the sound once more began to reach deafening heights, the crowd cheered the couple on. Lyra giggled, and grabbed Blue’s hooves, and fluttered her eyes. Blue gulped and looked at the crowd nervously, opening his mouth to object. Lyra, of course, merely closed his mouth and smirked, bringing one of his arms around her shoulder.

“Be awesome Blue.” Lyra began to lead Blue into a sort of half-waltz half-freestyle dance where occasionally Lyra would spin in a circle, Blue holding her in place as she gripped his hoof above her head. Blue’s eye twitched as she leaned back, and he was forced to stop her from falling over, as she then moved into a spin into his arms. Blue paused, and then relaxed, his trademark smile moving onto his face. Lyra wanted awesome? So be it.

Lyra spun around Blue as he leaned back and grabbed her waist, pulling her up and tossing her gently into the air. Lyra flipped once and landed easily. Lyra dashed toward Blue and turned around, sliding toward Blue who caught her and slowly lowered her closer and closer to the ground, looking her directly in the eyes.

The crowd moved and split off, couples forming around them. For Lyra there was only one person in the room. For Lyra, it was almost as if they were in an empty field, dancing together. Blue twirled Lyra away from him, and then waited for her to leap back, throwing her into the air as she front-flipped over him, and landed safely. Turning, the dance once more dissolved into singles and a single swarm of ponies.

Lyra didn’t notice, she only saw Blue.


“Woooah, I never knew you could dance like that. Why don’t you do it more often?” Lyra leaned on Blue, acting as if she was drunk. Blue smiled and looked away, scratching his cheek. If anyone had an excuse of being drunk, it was him. Surprisingly, he was pretty sober.

“Because it’s embarrassing Lyra. Do you know how many people-er-ponies were looking at us?” Blue felt his ears burn as he thought of it. So many judging eyes, he shuddered. It was worse than a pokemon arena. No one could see you shaking in your shoes from the distance they had to sit to be safely away from the battle.

“Nonsence you bumpin mumpkin, you were great, they were great, everything is just greeeea-ahh!” Lyra fell over, and rolled over to her back, and narrowed her eyes. Blue paused and walked over, entering her vision as he raised an eyebrow. Lyra raised her arms and made a ‘come here’ motion.

“Carry me.” Lyra was serious, and Blue’s eyebrow reached new heights as he breathed out, and shook his head. Blue paused for a moment, and then closed his eyes and concentrated. After a moment, Lyra was being carried in his magic. Blue bit his lip, and began to walk again.

“Tch, you’re so high maintenance sometimes, this is harder than it looks.” Blue didn’t like how it felt as if he was actually carrying Lyra, despite it looking like she was hovering softly in the air. It was also giving him a headache.

“Eeehhh, deal wif it husby.” Lyra waved her arm in the magic, eyes closed as she dozed slightly. However, after a moment Blue paused and the magic vanished, sending her to the floor with a slight poof. Lyra opened her eyes, seeing that Blue still had the eyebrow raised, but now his eyes were mere pinpricks.

Husby!?” Blue’s voice caught on the end, and he coughed as it actually caused him slight pain from the high tone he had actually reached. Lyra stood up and narrowed her eyes, scrunching up her face as she recovered from her wounded pride after being dropped.

“Yes, short for husband, you got a problem with that husby?” Lyra met Blue’s gaze and he laughed and looked away, scratching the side of his face as the shaky laugh trailed into silence.

“N-No of course not.” Blue glanced to Lyra, and then quickly away, smile frozen on his face. Lyra blinked and turned away with a huff, and finally noticed where they were. From the looks of it, Blue had gotten lost, again. Lyra really should have given him a map earlier.

“This is the Royal Canterlot Garden. There’s the maze Twilight and the others fought Discord.” Lyra pointed to the maze, and then walked over to the empty podium that had once been Discord’s resting place as a statue. Blue followed her over, curious.

“Dis-cord? You mean like chaos? How does one fight chaos? It’s like saying, ‘I dine on love’ or something like that.” Blue didn’t know about Changelings, and Lyra decided it was best not to mention them at this point.

“Discord isn’t a thing, he’s an actual creature in this world. Which is kinda still a thing really, but you get my point.” Lyra saw Blue nod, and look toward the maze curiously. After a moment, he turned his attention to the stars.

“We have things like that in our world too. ‘Course they’re pokemon normally, but we do have similar things. Anywho, I have no idea where the room is, so if you’d lead the way back to the-Hey did you hear a low laughing just now?” Blue rapidly glanced around the area, frowning as he saw nothing out of place. Lyra shrugged, and began to lead the way back to the room.

“Don’t worry about it, that happens a lot in our world.” As they left, Lyra glanced back and her eyes widened to see the Discord statue had magically appeared. Quickly turning back around, Blue didn’t seem to notice her noticing it, and they made it back without meeting a Lord of Chaos. Lyra was frankly relieved, Discord was known for being eccentric.

“Very well, perhaps another time.”

PreviousChapters Next