• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,463 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,463

PreviousChapters Next
Well, I say that, but problems never really 'push aside'

Eventually, Red, Green, and Twilight returned to Lyra’s house. Lyra peeked her head out the kitchen and greeted them with a smile, returning to her task of trying to create a rather complicated dish. Biting her lip, she enjoyed the challenge even as she pulled out the sledgehammer.

“Hey,” turning, Blue greeted them with a wave, and they all sat down as he quickly explained what had just transpired. Green and Red both blinked in response, while Twilight merely tilted her head.

“I can’t believe it, Lance. With the Elite Four on our side, we might just be able to change this rule. If we can convince them to abandon the rule, maybe we can get your sentence revoked.” Green smiled, and gripped Blue’s arm as she spoke, he smiled, wincing slightly at her iron grip. Someone who worked with Pokemon at a Daycare center had to be pretty strong.

“We’ll go discuss it with ‘Foxtripe’ and see if we can come up with a plan.” Green pulled Red to his feet, and slowly skipped toward the door. Blue watched them go, and shook his head in response. Green liked to drag Red around, and he didn’t seem to mind. Would he have felt the same?

“Wait, Foxtripe left some Police outfits for you both to wear. He said you can blend in with the remaining troops and even have a tent to yourself as long as you leave the helmet on.” Lyra’s voice shouted from the kitchen, the sound of something going thud in the background of her words. Red and Green quickly picked up one of the outfits and pulled them over their clothes, it was a tight fit. Pulling their helmet’s on, they nodded to Twilight, and all three left.

“Viola!” Lyra jerked Blue out of his musing as she slapped a plate on the table. Blue looked at it cautiously. From his view, it looked like some grass stuffed in bread like a hot dog with some salt sprinkled on the top. To the side of it was some hay that was thicker than the kind on the Pokemon world. Finally there was a burger, however instead of meat there was, you guessed it, grass.

“Well eat up! This is my absolute favorite meal.” Lyra leaned in and giggled, walking back into the kitchen to grab a drink before quickly returning. Blue looked down at the food and picked up one of the piece of hay, and bit down. Blue paused, and smiled at Lyra.

“It’s good.” Blue saw the satisfaction on Lyra’s face as she closed her eyes and opened them again, eyes sparkling. Lyra watched Blue eat the entire plate, and then asked him if he wanted seconds. Blue shook his head rapidly and tapped his stomach.

“No I’m good, I couldn’t eat another bite.” Blue smiled as Lyra nodded and went back to the kitchen to make her own. As soon as he was sure she wasn’t going to reappear his face scrunched up and he forced himself not to release the food he had just eaten onto Lyra’s table. Grabbing the drink, he gulped it down without remorse and waited impatiently for the taste to leave his mouth.

Arceus, I could use a burger right now.’ Blue’s mouth watered just thinking about it, and he shook it off. Later, he would have to talk Lyra into letting him make the meals. Blue was tired of his food tasting like dirt. Red and Green always conveniently left before food was delivered. Lyra soon joined him on the couch and tore into her own. Blue could tell from the way she vacuumed up the food she really did love it.

“Mmph, so I was thinking, now that you’re not going to be searched for around here, you wanna go out on a picnic, or something?” Lyra raised her head as Blue blinked and slammed his hoof into his forehead, wincing as he did it slightly too hard.

“Darn it! I meant to ask Red what he found out during his time he wasn’t with us. He must have a plan already and he and Green are working on it.” Blue gritted his teeth and cursed himself silently. How many days had it been and he still hadn’t asked about it yet. Blinking, he remembered Lyra’s question and looked to her sheepishly.

“Oh uh, sure. Picnic, sounds great.” Blue watched Lyra puff out her cheeks and glanced away, breathing out silently as he knew what she was thinking. Blue would have to do some fancy footwork at the picnic to make up for his slip in concentration. Lyra seemed to forget about it, and she smiled.

“Great, I know the perfect place. Meet me back here in an hour. Or, you know, just stay here while I go and get everything ready.” Lyra skipped cheerfully out the door, and Blue swore loudly to himself. Groaning, he stood up and exited Lyra’s house, and slowly began to walk toward what he hoped was still where Rarity lived. Knocking on the door, she looked to him curiously as he glanced behind him. If she had to liken it to something, it would be an animal looking at it’s only avenue of escape.

“I...need some decent clothes.” Blue forced the words through his gritted teeth and once more looked to his exit. Surely he could just wear what he was wearing? Blue sighed, and accepted his fate, ears flopping down as he followed Rarity inside as she motioned him in. No, baggy shorts wouldn’t do for this sort of picnic.

“Well sure, I’ve got some suits that should fit you. They’re for an order but I can let you have one. It won’t take me too long to make another in time for the delivery.” Rarity pulled out the top of a penguin suit, and held it out to Blue. Blue slowly took it and held it in his hand while Rarity waited expectantly.

“And the pants?” Blue narrowed his eyes as Rarity opened her mouth with an eyebrow raised, about to ask if he was serious. After a moment she closed it and pointed to the suits on the mannequins.

“Ponies don’t normally wear pants, especially to formal events. We like to show off our talents whenever possible you see.” Rarity walked over to a pile of clothes and began rifling through them.

“Alright, ignoring how...weird that sounds to me, pants please.” Blue caught the pants and placed them on top of the suit he was holding, waiting for Rarity to show him to the changing room, after a moment of staring at each other, he sighed and motioned to the room.

“Let me guess, ponies also change in front of the other gender here.” Blue looked away and scratched the back of his head. Looking at Rarity from the corner of his eye, he saw her nod and open her mouth to ask him a question.

“No, no, it’s fine. I’ll just change at Lyra’s.” Blue waved to Rarity as he headed for the door, and paused before he left to mutter a quick thanks behind him. Rarity returned to searching for her misplaced walkie talkie, still on patrol duty. Humans certainly had weird habits.


“Blue, I’m home!” Lyra entered her house and looked around, noticing Blue wasn’t on the couch. Putting down her bag she glanced around quickly before shooting up to her room with her bag. Hearing a door open, she realised Blue had been in the guest bedroom.

“Everything ok?” Blue’s voice startled Lyra, and she shouted back through her door.

“Yep! I’ll be out in a minute!” Lyra breathed out as Blue returned to the guest bedroom, and dumped the contents of the bag on her bed, looking to the clothes. Pulling out the white and yellow dress, Lyra quickly began putting it on. Trotting over to her mirror, she then put her hair up using a hairpiece designed after her cutie mark. Quickly checking her appearance, Lyra nodded, smiling to herself as she smirked with glee. Blue was gonna be so surprised.

Opening the door, she knocked on the guest bedroom, watching it swing open under her knock with a slight creak. Her eyes widened to see Blue looking into the mirror near the closet and trying to flatten his hair, irritation on his face. Lyra chuckled, and Blue finally noticed she was there, allowing her to take in his fancy monkey suit with matching pants.

“How did you know,” puffed Lyra, pouting because Blue had discovered her surprise. Blue smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head.

“It doesn’t take an hour to make a picnic.” Blue glanced once more to the mirror, and gave up on his hair. Lyra probably didn’t care. Lyra turned and marched down the stairs, annoyed she had slipped up so easily. Blue followed her down, and they both left. Lyra paused, and decided to continue her act.

“Oh dearie me, I seem to have forgotten to make the picnic, what do you say we go and eat at one of the many diners instead.” Lyra pronounced each word at a different pitch, and she was rewarded by the hint of a smile from Blue as he shrugged noncommittally.

“Sure, food is food after all.” Blue followed Lyra to what turned out to be Sugarcube Corner, and as they entered he had to force his mouth to stay closed as he took in the transformation of the front foyer. If Blue hadn’t seen it during previous parties, he would have mistaken it for a restaurant. Pinkie Pie was, of course, their waiter.

“Welcome Sir, Madam, to our fine establishment. Chateau Pinkus is here to serve your fine dining needs this here day.” Pinkie Pie silently giggled, before remembering she was pretending to be ‘fancy’. Lyra and Blue headed for a table and sat down. Pinkie Pie drew the menu’s, and Blue was surprised to find the meals actually looked like restaurant meals. Well, pony restaurant meals really.

“I’ll take the Sparkling Water with an order of your Pink Roast please.” Lyra closed her menu and held it out to Pinkie, who took it and looked to Blue.

“I’ll have what she’s having.” Blue handed back the menu and Pinkie nodded, vanishing in a puff of smoke and appearing with their drinks, appearing a moment later with their meals. It turned out, of course, that the ‘Pink Roast’ was just cupcakes with pink icing. Lyra seemed annoyed, but she let it slide.

“Enjoy your meal.” Lyra picked up her cupcake and quickly finished it, looking to Blue as he slowly at his own. After he finished it, he took a drink of his water, and turned his gaze on Lyra as she spoke.

“You know, you didn’t have to dress up.” Lyra watched Blue grab his drink and take a sip, stalling. After a moment he put it down, and turned to her.

“You didn’t have to either.” Blue pointed to her outfit and she blushed.

“Yeah well, I wanted it to be a surprise. But you didn’t have to.” Lyra once more watched Blue pause, scratching the back of his head before answering.

“Well, I did.” Blue glanced to his plate, and silently wished there was more food to hide behind. As if by magic, Pinkie Pie delivered a second round of cupcakes. These one’s were blueberry.

“Yes but, why did you?” Lyra began eating her own muffin, waiting for Blue to answer as he slowly ate his.

“Do I...have to have a reason to want to look nice?” Blue glanced to his drink and finished it in a few gulps. When Pinkie appeared he quietly asked her for some stronger stuff, she nodded and dashed away, coming back with some apple cider. Blue had been trying to cut down, but with how this conversation was going, he wanted to be drinking something stronger.

“Yeah, you kinda do.” Lyra finished her cupcake, noticing Blue was changing to cider. Was he trying to hide behind alcohol now too? Blue took a short sip and sighed, that was better.

“I thought it would make you happy,” he answered sadly, looking down to his plate as a third cupcake was delivered. Blue slowly ate it, leaning over his plate, slightly disheartened.

“Oh.” Lyra glanced away, and took a sip of her drink. Was it really as simple as that? Wait, there was something crucial she was missing.

“Why?” Lyra turned on Blue, narrowing her eyes as he looked up and tilted his head, swallowing to speak.

“What do you mean why?” Blue grabbed his drink and took another sip, returning to his cupcake.

“Why did you want to make me happy?” Lyra ignored her own cupcake, narrowing her eyes as she tried to mask the hurt in them. Blue, about to take a bit of his cupcake, sighed and put it down, turning to look her directly in her eyes.

“Because you’re my rival Lyra. You being happy affects my happiness.” Blue knew he had made the wrong move dressing up. Why had he thought that would make things better? Another one of his genius moves, just perfect.

“So. Just friends.” Lyra’s voice dripped with venom as she thought about Green, and how Blue looked to her sometimes. Why couldn’t she be Green? Green had such an easygoing life.

“Lyra, please don’t do this again.” Blue looked sadly at Lyra as he tried to get out of the conversation. Things had finally been on the mend, and now he had stupidly broken it, like usual.

“Why, afraid Green will pop in and proclaim her love for you?” Lyra glanced away, unable to hide her envy. Blue flinched, and sighed. It was likely he deserved that.

“No, Green is happy with Red. And I’m not going to force her to worry about how her happiness is affecting me.” Blue gritted his teeth, taking another sip of his drink. Maybe if he just stood up and walked out. No, Lyra would just follow.

“Let me guess, you expect me to do the same with you. Well newsflash Blue, I’m not you.” Lyra’s voice rose as she rounded on Blue, and slammed her hooves into the table, shaking the plates and drink. Blue flinched at the action, but met her eyes unflinchingly.

“No, no I don’t.” Blue looked at Lyra wearily, and closed his eyes as he leaned his head on the table, laying it on the plate in front of him. Lyra snorted through her nose, and sat down in a huff, annoyed with Blue, but at the same time guilty for her actions.

“Lyra, what do you want me to do?” Blue raised his arm and weakly motioned to her, not moving his head as his arms hung limply from his body. Lyra leaned forward, putting her hooves on the table as she leaned over to whisper into his ears.

“What do you think I want Blue? I want you to love me!” Lyra forced her voice to remain low, leaping back into her chair and folding her arms as she snorted once more. It wasn’t fair for Blue to treat her so nice, and yet twist the knife into her chest with that same move.

“I can’t.” Blue’s voice caught Lyra’s attention, and her anger began to boil.

What,” her barely contained anger spoke. Finally, Blue snapped. Raising his head he stood up and slammed his hooves onto the table, leaving large dents as he shouted.

“I can’t! You. Are. A Pokemon! When you came to my world, you leveled like a Pokemon! When you walked around my world, you acted like a Pokemon! When you returned here, you remained a Pokemon! I can’t love a Pokemon Lyra! It is so frowned upon in our world, so much that those who do so are killed on sight! Arceus damn it! I tried to make you happy. For one day I tried to give you what you wanted, I put on this stupid monkey suit, and everything but even then it just wasn’t enough for you! I tried my hardest to make you happy, but even then, you refuse to accept anything less than what Green has. I can’t do this anymore Lyra! I am not a Pokemon, I don’t like getting punched in the face for a living, and all you seem to do is do that to me. I am DONE!” Blue turned, and left.

Lyra put her hooves to her face, and began to cry.

PreviousChapters Next