• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
But, as with all stories, that was only the beginning of the end.

Lyra sighed, walking out of the house. Blue was still speaking nonsense, and he wasn’t moving an inch. It had been a challenge to get him to eat and drink. Thankfully, he knew to use the toilet. It just confused her, why had exploding broken his brain? Yes, he had been under a lot of pressure these last few days, and yes she hadn’t been helping the issue, but it just confused her how he was not even responding to her.

“P-P-Princess Celestia!” Lyra blinked in shock as she stopped outside Twilight’s castle and realised a literal army was already stationed there. Celestia's wings were fully raised as she surveyed the town, taking note of any signs of carnage she could see. Turning to see Lyra, she bowed her head slightly in greeting.

“Twilight had briefed me on most of the details. I will admit I was quite shocked to learn he was being prosecuted for an ability to pass language barriers. I am going to try to reason with them, would you and Twilight accompany me?” Celestia looked to the guards and nodded toward the commander. It was sadly not Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor, however he had the look of someone who knew how to command an army.

“Pass language barriers, isn’t it mind control?” Lyra slowly approached Celestia, looking to Twilight for guidance. Twilight nodded eagerly, encouraging her on. Was it really ok to be this informal?

“You forget, I have experienced his ability firsthand, from what Twilight's says he spoke about. I wouldn’t call it mind control, that implies I had no control over my actions. It was a strong suggestion at best.” Celestia leaned down and shared a quick nuzzle with Twilight, before nodding to the both and motioning them forward. It was all too soon they reached the campsite of the humans.

“Attention,” she flared her wings and glowed brightly in the sun, gaining the attention of every human there. Lyra looked away in irritation, of course the Alicorn got immediate attention. To be fair, Celestia commanded respect, much more than Twilight could ever muster at her experience level.

“I am Princess Celestia, Ruling Monarch of this land alongside my sister. I request to speak to the human in charge immediately.” Celestia folded her wings and dimmed the glow radiating from her body, and waited. Eventually, a tall disheveled man with short, blonde hair approached them.

“I am Enforcer Foxtripe Ma’am, at your service. Unfortunately the commander of this operation is otherwise distracted searching for our fugitive. If you convince me it is worthwhile calling him in, I will do so.” The man folded his arms, and waited for a reply.

“I have news relating to the fugitive’s powers that will change his priority level to low.” Celestia raised her head so as to be eye-level with the man.

“I’m listening,” he replied simply.

“I have been affected by this power at one point, the fugitive will back up my statement, as will several eye-witnesses, and I believe the video of him demonstrating his ability also features me. I have come here to say this power is not mind control, but closer to telepathy.” Celestia stood tall and proud under the hundreds of stares on her.

“I’ll call him up and see if he’s interested.” Enforcer Foxtripe turned and walked toward one man who was sitting alone at a desk. The man pulled out a communicator, and passed it to the Enforcer. Foxtripe began to talk into it, and a few moment’s later, he returned.

“Commander says it does not change the fact he fled his trial, and he has already been sentenced. Now, if that is all we have to get back to our break.” The Enforcer glanced down to the smaller ponies, and quickly apprised them of their level. The only unicorn seemed to be a much higher level than the others, and showed signs of battle experience. Foxtripe made a mental note to mention that at the debriefing later.

“So there is no room for discussion. I have been more than hospitable, allowing you to search as you like. What would happen if I were to relinquish that right?” Celestia slowly raised her wings once more, showing full well what would happen on her side. Enforcer Foxtripe heaved a sigh.

“Look Ma’am, we’re just doing our jobs. We don’t make the rules, we jus’ follow ‘em. If you did that, we would be forced ta’ resist. And in the end an entire war would break out between our two races. So really here, it’s a matter of if you want to force a war, because we won’t back down from our end if you try to force the issue. Now, is that all?” Enforcer Foxtipe glanced to the Police currently off duty, seeing some had reached for their Pokemon and motioned once to them. At his signal, they put them away.

“Just one, tell them if they don’t start treating my ponies as humans, and stop breaking into our homes and destroying our items, I’ll consider it an act of war.” Celestia bowed her head slightly to Enforcer Foxtripe, and turned, walking away.

“Yes Ma’am.”


“I am sorry I was unable to get anything more from those humans.” Celestia bowed once to Twilight and Lyra, this time a proper bow instead of a respectful nod. Lyra and Twilight shook their head, giving a smile.

“What you did is plenty Celestia. Now we can stop patrolling the streets to make sure disputes don’t spring up.” Twilight opened the door and let all three of them into the castle.

“Either way, I'll leave a squadron here as a precaution. I’ve set them up in the lower levels of the castle, as that was where most of the unlocked doors are. I trust that is ok?” Celestia smiled as Twilight nodded. Most of the rooms weren’t being used either way. Lyra looked away from them and finally looked into the castle.

Red and Green were sitting in two of the chairs as if they had been waiting for some time. Lyra breathed in, and took in both friends, a touch of moisture coming to her eyes. Taking a step toward them, she immediately noticed something was wrong. Green seemed downcast and Red wasn’t even looking at any of them.

“Where’s Blue?” Green walked toward them, Red following behind her. They both gave a small nod to Celestia, who returned it, and stopped a few steps from the ponies.

“He’s in my new house. Do you want me to take you to him?” Lyra turned to Twilight as both nodded. Discreet would be the best option. Celestia bowed and headed into the castle.

“I will leave this to you, I must retire for the day.” Celestia was soon gone, and Twilight made them stand in a triangle around her as she cast the teleport spell, transporting them to Lyra’s house. Thankfully, no one had barged down the door in her absence.

“Upstairs, first door on the right.” Lyra followed the two upstairs, trying to think of something she could say to break the silence between them. Whatever Red and Green had been doing these past few days had drained them. Blue was currently rocking back and forward on the bed, mumbling about evolution stones and explosion not being a very common ™.

Red passed Green, who had moved aside to let him through. Both recognised Blue immediately, despite the changed appearance. Red put a hand on each side of Blue’s face and forced Blue to look at him.

“Fast Balls are Acorns! Acorns are used to make many different balls such as a Heavy Ball.” Blue laughed as if he had said something funny, and both eyes were clouded. Red sighed, and Lyra jumped slightly in surprise. Leaning forward, Red tilted Blue’s head up so the horn would be well out of the way of his next action. Red leaned his head back, and before either Lyra or Green could react, he leaned forward and smashed his forehead into Blue’s own.

“Ah-ha-ooow,” cried Blue as he held his face in his hooves. Red stepped back, and rubbed his own face as well. Blue’s face had gotten harder. After a few moments of wincing, Blue raised his head and growled angrily at Red. Blue opened his mouth to make a retort, then the situation dawned on him and he shook his head, stifling another groan.

“I think you’re the one that deserve a punch in the face for breaking my only way home, bastard.” Blue stood up, and immediately sat back down. His head was still spinning. Blue did not want to lose his food, even if it tasted like dirt.

“So, I assume you’ve figured out how to save my awesome ass, so spill the beans already.” Blue tried standing up once more, and was satisfied to see the spinning had stopped. Raising his head, he might have received an answer if Rarity had not come bursting into the room.

“Twilight! A few of the ponies are launching a resistance. They’re planning to attack the humans because they don’t think we’re doing a very good job. Bon Bon’s leading them to their base right now!” All in the room was ready for action instantly, however all did a double take when the last sentence registered.

“Wait, What!?” Lyra’s voice reached a whole new octave.

PreviousChapters Next