• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,463 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,463

PreviousChapters Next
But I digress.

“Hey Red, Green, Twilight. Lance not back yet?” Blue looked between them as they gave a nod, and they left the train station. Lyra skipped beside him, in a very good mood. Twilight opened her mouth to comment on it, but upon seeing Blue’s pre-word wince, she closed it wisely.

“No, we were actually sent out to patrol by the replacement. He’s such a pain, making us do actual work.” Green narrowed her eyes in irritation, and Blue chuckled in response. Lyra smirked, and opened her mouth to speak.

“Say one word Lyra, I’m warning you.” Blue glared at her, speaking through gritted teeth. Both stared daggers at each other for a moment, before Lyra beamed, she had won.

“SohayguesswhatmeandBluearemarriednow,” she steamrolled over the group, causing all three to miss a step. Blue lowered his head, and scratched the back of his head.

“I think you mean betrothed Lyra,” spoke Twilight slowly, glancing to Red and Green. Green seemed to be curious, and a little shocked, but more or less okay with it. Red on the other hand, had a frown on his face. Slowly his mouth began to open.

“NOPE, not gonna happen!” Blue leapt in front of Red and forced his mouth closed, and glared directly into his eyes.

“So help me Red don’t you dare! What? How did you-oh that’s reeally funny. Hey I had a good reason to-okay yes it wasn’t the bes-now there’s no reason to be rude-What? You say that to my face! S-Shaddup!” As Blue spoke, his face was slowly going a very deep shade of red. Lyra didn’t quite catch the silent conversation, but she enjoyed the free Blue-tertainment. Green leaned in and rested an arm on Red’s shoulder.

“I really do hate to break you two lovebirds up, but we have to get back to this stinky patrol. If he catches us here we could get caught.” Green passed a wink to Lyra, who blinked once, and tilted her head slightly. What?

“Tch, fine. But so help me Red I’ll do it one day! Don’t you think I won’t!” Blue stepped back and glared once at Red, and then turned to follow Twilight and Lyra as they separated. Glancing back, Lyra caught the edges of a smile on Red’s face. No, it was gone, must have been her imagination.

“What were you two arguing about?” Lyra glanced to Blue as he looked down sheepishly.

“Real Estate?” Blue looked to Twilight and raised both his eyebrows, before turning to Lyra and raising one. Lyra narrowed her eyes, and nearly facehoofed.

“You’re going with Real Estate, that’s your excuse?” Lyra rolled her eyes as Blue nodded uncertainly, and they entered Twilight’s castle. Lyra would let him off for now, she had bigger curiosity for why Twilight was leading them here.

“So Blue, I’ve...finished looking into the spell that I cast on you.” Twilight waited patiently as their eyes widened and they shared a glance. Blue stepped forward, and motioned to nothing in particular.

“And?” Blue wondered what the final verdict would be. Would he ever be human again? Twilight paused and gulped once, stepping forward as she began to answer.

“Well, the long and short of it is...There’s two options available to you. One is permanent, but has a 30% chance to succeed, and if it failed would render you without magic for the rest of your life as a pony. That means you’d even be unable to pick up objects.” Twilight paused, and let them process it. Blue bit his lip. 30%? Those weren’t good odds. Blue looked down and breathed out, there was still one other option, but it wouldn’t be permanent.

“The second isn’t permanent, but can be applied many times, theoretically meaning you could be human nearly 24/7. With your magic potential, you should be able to cast it with only minor difficulty, at first anyway. It is the same spell I cast on you to turn you into a pony. Lyra can cast it too, however her spell won’t last as long as yours, at least once you master it.” Twilight paused once more, and motioned once to the left, and then to the right.

“So those are your options, a slim chance to turn back into a human, but permanently; or a reusable spell to become a human for certain amounts of time. I should also mention that while you’ll be human, you should still have access to your magic, so you should be able to recast it, resetting the spell while human.” Twilight pulled over a stool, and sat down on it, looking at Blue.

Blue considered his options carefully. While it was true he did want to return to being human, that 30% did not sound very good, and he was never a lucky person even on a good day. If it failed, it would render him unable to pick up objects with such ease, and he would have to use two hooves to do so.

The second option, while essentially accepting the body he had been transformed into, while also having it just as a backdrop to his normal self, would mean he wouldn’t be human anymore. Was Blue really okay with giving up on his humanity? Sure, it wouldn’t change who he was, but the thought of being a Pokemon sprung to his mind, and he glanced to Lyra.

“You know, the thought of being a pony for the remainder of my life, doesn’t bother me so much anymore.” Blue fell backwards as Lyra leapt at him and began to choke him.

“Graah Lyra I need to breathe! Don’t kill me yet please!” Blue gasped for breath as Lyra released him, glancing away sheepishly. Standing back up, he saw the knowing smile on Twilight. Blue’s eye twitched, and she blinked once and quickly glanced away.

“Alright, I’ll run you both through the basics. Lyra already knows it, so she can probably help you feel the magic flow as I cast the spell on yo-” Twilight was cut off mid sentence by a poof, and Blue was sitting there, thankfully clothed, and human. Blue blinked and tilted his head, opening and closing his fingers as he looked to Twilight.

“Not sure how I did that but I guess it falls under that ‘magic’ stuff right?” Blue looked to his hands skeptically, not entirely understanding how it worked. Lyra giggled, and her horn began to spark and glow. After a moment, there was a second poof, and a human version of her, again thankfully clothed, was sitting right next to Blue.

“How come you know this ‘spell’ already anyway?” Blue raised an eyebrow as she glanced away and poofed back into a unicorn a moment later. Blue sighed, and closed his eyes, doing the same. It wouldn’t do well to go walking around as a human right now, ruining their hard work to hide him.

“Ehe well, remind me to tell you about the study of Anthropology sometime.” Lyra helped Blue to his feet, and the both turned to the dumbstruck Twilight. After a slow blink that involved the eyelids blinking at two different times, she stood on to and pointed a limb at Blue.

“That’snotpossibleyouonlysawitonceIhadtostudyhardtolearnitanditjustmakesnosense!” Twilight gasped for breath, and her wings hung limply by her sides. After a moment she folded them, and regained her posture. Blue tilted his head and motioned to the seat with the three diamonds on it.

“I don’t understand, study magic? Didn’t Rarity say not to think about because it was magic?” Blue glanced to Lyra, who nodded, but bit her lip as she looked to Twilight. There was a not-so-subtle eye twitch.

“NOT THINK ABOUT MAGI-” Suddenly, Twilight jumped into the air and erupted into flames. After a moment they died out and she returned to standing on the floor, somewhat burned. Blue looked concerned to Lyra. Should they be running?

“Sorry, sorry, I had to let off a little...steam there. You see, there’s IS a study to magic. It’s not about how it works, but more about getting to to do the same result every time. I guess for somepony who was uneducated in the area, not thinking about it is how she is able to levitate more than one object. Now, are we ready to begin the good and proper method to learning how to use the spell?” Twilight’s eye twitched again, and a creepy smile slowly crept onto her face, a hair springing out of place. Blue looked to Lyra, and both made the wisest decision available to them.

“Of course Twilight.”


PreviousChapters Next