• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 235 Comments

My Little Pony: Mint-Green Version - FaelaArts



Lyra has been waiting four years for his return. She wasn't expecting him to be dumped at her feet like a sack of potatoes.

  • ...
4
 235
 1,461

PreviousChapters Next
But that was just what those people were afraid of.

“I just don’t see why we have to bring Twilight into this.” Blue stomped behind Lyra as they walked toward the castle. Lyra paused and fixed a glare on him, he sighed and started walking normally.

“I told you Blue, if you refuse to see one of our Psychiatrist ponies, you are going to at least see Twilight. I know you don’t want to but please just trust me on this Blue.” Lyra resumed walking and bit her lip, feeling slightly guilty because she could relate with what Blue was currently going through. Lyra had never had any mental problems, so she thought anyway, but she could understand Blue’s fear of being diagnosed with one. A permanent label you could never remove.

“Tch, and I told you I don’t care what fancy degrees they have. If a Hospital in our world doesn’t look for these ‘mental problems’ you’re talking about, why should I worry about it? It’s like you’re telling me I’m some idiot who can’t even work out how to open a Pokeball without throwing it.” Blue paused for a moment as Lyra reached for the door. Twilight’s voice could be heard from inside.

“I know it sounds like that, but it’s not. You’ll just have to trust me here, I’m sure Twilight can explain it better.” Lyra opened the door and watched Twilight clean up the last of the papers, laughing as Spike told her a joke Lyra only caught the punchline of. Blue closed the door behind them, and they both approached.

“Hey Twilight, do you think we could talk to you alone for a moment.” Lyra glanced to Spike, who quickly busied himself with taking the papers away. Lyra had always liked Spike, he had a knack for reading a situation. Twilight approached and waited for Lyra to talk. Lyra’s ears flicked back, and she glanced to Blue, scratching her front leg with a hoof.

“Well, Blue’s been having nightmares, and they’re only getting worse. He’s been writing them down and I’m just a little worried there’s something-” Lyra cut off her answer and shrugged helplessly, unsure how to explain without insulting Blue. Glancing to Blue, she watched him sigh and fish around for the notebook from the morning. Twilight picked it up, and had a much more subdued reaction compared to Lyra.

“Well...that’s...a lot of words.” Twilight handed Blue the book back and turned, using her magic to open a door. Lyra looked inside and saw a lot of ruined books, some burned almost beyond repair. Pulling out one of the less damaged books, Twilight flicked toward a page and began skimming it, raising her head to look to Blue nervously.

“Now, I’m going to ask a few questions, and I need you to answer them honestly. I know a lot of them are...personal, but I need you to answer them truthfully.” Twilight bit her lip, knowing full well the last thing Blue wanted to do as answer these questions. Frankly, she had just found out more than she was comfortable knowing about Blue. Twilight was in a very uncomfortable position herself.

“Well, question one; how hard are everyday decisions. For Example; What do I want to do today?” Twilight looked down to the book, and raised her head. Blue looked to Lyra and hesitated. Lyra leaned into Blue and gave him an encouraging smile.

“Okay I guess. I don’t normally have many decisions to make. Do I travel or stay at the gym today?” Blue glanced toward the door, wondering if he would be able to escape if he tried. Surely their magic wouldn’t stop him in time. Looking to Lyra, he groaned inwardly, no they would.

“Right...Question two; how have you been sleeping as of late?” Twilight knew the question to this based on what she had seen, but she had to hear Blue describe it. This would be important once this was over. Twilight really didn’t feel comfortable in this situation.

“Badly,” he replied, once more looking anywhere but at Twilight. The floor was a nice alternative.

“You work at the Gym right? How hard is it to show up to work?” Twilight looked down the list of question once more, seeing they still had a lot to go.

“People complain often I’m not there when I should be, but it’s tiring, sitting there while trainers try to get through my maze, defeating trainers who made the mistake to try me first.” Blue gritted his teeth thinking back to some of those encounters. Not something he enjoyed repeating.

“How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?” Twilight looked to Lyra, who was obviously trying to work out the pattern to the questions.

“You mean when I don’t have nightmares? Okay I guess. It takes me a while to get up but then again I don’t really have anywhere to go.” Blue felt himself relax slightly as his body realised the questions weren’t going to hurt him. Blue hoped it would stay that way, but he really didn’t want to hear the result.

“When you look into your future, what do you see?” Twilight could have answered this one for Blue quite easily. With the amount of odds stacked against them as they tried to deal with the current sentence on Blue, anyone would be able to tell the answer.

“Problems,” came his simple reply.

“You feel sad, or similar emotions how often?” Twilight watched Blue hesitate, and once more look to Lyra. Blue sighed and muttered a quiet response as he turned away.

“Let’s just say quite a bit.” Blue looked around the room, trying to find something to take his mind off the conversation. Sadly, there were no posters on the walls for him to pretend to pay attention to.

“How patient are you compared to a few years ago?” Twilight rubbed her forehead, this was getting quite a lot to handle.

“I was never really the most patient person.” Blue looked sadly to Twilight as she rubbed her forehead, and turned away before she noticed.

“Last one. When you look back at your life, what do you feel.” Twilight sighed inwardly as Blue visibly winced.

“I’ve...made a lot of bad decisions, let’s just leave it at that.” Blue was relieved the questions were over, but knew the worst part was yet to come. Blue had always hated doctors, they always had that look that just annoyed him. If it wasn’t for Lyra, he would have left a long time ago.

“Blue, this might come as a bit of a shock to you but…” Twilight trailed off, and Blue focused on her.

“You have Depression.”

Author's Note:

Please note: This is coming from someone without Depression, so my facts may not be very accurate. This is mainly based off my friends who have had it, and there are quite a few. Also note that Blue is slightly different from most who have told me about their experiences, but that's just how Blue is.

PreviousChapters Next