• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 7,299 Views, 622 Comments

Our Little Clementine - MaxBeezy



The "My New Life In Equestria" trilogy concludes with the chronicles of Matt and Applejack raising their Daughter from foalhood to her teenage years. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
33
 622
 7,299

A Night Through The Eyes of A Husband And Father

I stand in the emergency room of Ponyville General, holding onto the hoof of my beautiful wife, Applejack. She is giving birth to what will no doubt be a bundle of joy that will be with us for the rest of our lives. Applejack screams in pain, pushing as hard as she can, while I stand at her side, clutching her and telling her how great she is doing. I wish I could do something more; something to alleviate her pain, but all I can do is stay with her.

“You’re doing wonderful, Applejack!” Redheart compliments, “I can see the head!”

“Is it okay?!” Applejack wonders, “Is the cord wrapped around its neck?”

“It’s fine. No complications. One more push, and it’s out. This is it, Applejack!” Redheart sees Applejack sit up, ready for the last round. “Ready? Push!”

Applejack screams one last time, as she pushes one last time. She can feel the foal leaving her body, as she reaches the final stretch. This is it. She has given birth.

“It’s out!” Redheart announces, causing Applejack to fall back down.

“Ah don’t hear it cryin’. Is something…”

The fear is soon gone, as the foal gives out a cry. Applejack smiles at the sound of the newborn making its first sound. Redheart gives the wrapped up foal to a nurse for clean-up. Redheart turns back to Applejack’s haunches, starting to clean up down there.

“Ah…ah did it…” Applejack says, with a smile and tears continuing to run down her face. She looks back at me. I had been crying my eyes out the whole time. “Matt…” she puts a hoof on my cheek. “We did it…”

“We?” I chuckle, sniffling my tears away, “You’re the one that pushed. I just stood here like a dolt.” We chuckle together. A small moment of levity between the two of us.

“No…we…we…” suddenly, she starts gasping.

“AJ?”

Something’s wrong. She hyperventilates, like she’s struggling to breathe. The heart monitor spikes like crazy, beating faster than it has any right to.

“I need some help here!” Redheart says, “I can’t stop the bleeding!”

My heart races. In an instant, I struggle to figure out what I can do. Something….anything. I can only stare into the frightened soul of Applejack, as she convulses, but never keeping her eyes off of me.

Tears stream down my face as I hold onto her, in a desperate attempt to keep her steady.

“AJ…AJ stay with me!” I say, “Don’t do this!”

“Matt…” she whimpers, “Matt…I’m scared!”

“We’re losing her!” Redheart shouts. She gets up, rushing over to me, and places her hooves on my chest in an effort to get me to move. “Sir, you’re going to have to leave.”

“No! I can’t leave her!” I yell, clasping onto Applejack’s hoof tighter.

“You have to go now! You’re in the way!”

“I have to be here! I need to see her get better!”

“Nurses! Get him out of here!” Redheart orders the nurses in the room to get to me out of the room.

Using their unicorn magic, they grab me, moving my struggling self away from Applejack. I keep holding on to her, refusing to let her go.

“NO! I CAN’T GO!” I cry out.

“Matt….” Applejack whispers, “Ah….” she trails off, as her pupils dilate.

Then, I hear it. The sound of something I never wanted to hear in my entire life.

A flatline.

“AJ!” I scream at the top of my lungs. The magic is too much for me. I let go of her hoof, and I’m dragged out of the room. “AJ! AJ, NO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO, RIGHT NOW!” I struggle to be free from the unicorn’s magical grip. They float me out of the ER doors, dropping me down. Immediately, I try to run past them, but they set up a barrier! “GOD DAMMIT! LET ME THROUGH!” I pound on the barrier with all I have, but it’s no use. “LET ME THROUGH!”

“We’re doing what we can, sir!” one of the nurses says sternly. “Wait here!” He leaves, as the other one watches me.

“NO! I CANT!” I no longer take the stress or the heartache, “I can’t…” I kneel down to the floor.

The other nurse watches me cry, and soon…nothing but silence. My expression turns blank; complete and utter shock has taken hold of me. My gaze turns down at the floor, never blinking…never doing anything. The nurse leaves to go back to the room, and the barrier fades away.

I don’t move an inch, continuing to stare at the floor.

What feels like hours pass by, as I do nothing but continue to stare at the hospital floor. Chrysalis, my good friend, comes by to ask me what happened, but I remain still and unresponsive. There is nothing she can do, but walk away. Not even my parents, whom I love dearly, could take me out of my broken down self.

The doors open before me, with Doctor Redheart standing there, waiting for me to acknowledge her. The Doctor’s calling of my name comes out as muffles, before I hear her clearly, finally catching my attention. I look up into her sad expression.

Something has happened.

“Doctor Redheart.” I say, “What happened? Why was she bleeding? Is my wife okay? Please…”

“Mr. Williams…” her face shows foreboding regret, “I’m sorry….”

I know exactly what she is saying. My eyes pour tears, and my emotions come back in full force. I clench my hands, and tighten my jaw, trying not the scream to the heavens at my pain and anguish.

“No…” I whimper, “No…it’s not…”

“She lost too much blood. There was nothing we could…”

“NO!” I push past her, running to the emergency room, where I see Applejack. A sheet had been placed over her, covering her beautiful face from the world. The other doctors try to hold me back, but nothing stopped me. I uncovered the sheet to see my wife’s sleeping face. Her eyes closed in an eternal slumber. I grab her shoulders, trying to shake her into consciousness. “AJ! AJ, PLEASE! DON’T LEAVE ME! I CAN’T…” my lip quivers and my body trembles at the realization, “I can’t do this without you! Please!”

I shake her and shake her, and cry many tears.

And then I wake up.


Applejack, alive and well, has her hoof placed on my cheek. Her eyes voice concern for my well-being. Her voice cracks in sadness, calling my name in that ever so lovely whisper of hers.

“Matt…” she says, “Matt, wake up.”

I am fully awake, staring into the emerald eyes of my reason for being. I can only look upon her, and relish in the flood of happy memories that we shared, starting from when we first met, to now.

Never did I ever think that I would find myself falling in love with a woman that would not only be from another plane of existence, but one that is reminiscent of a species that inhabited my world. If anyone told me that I would be falling in love with a pony almost seven years ago, I would laugh in his or her face, and call them a sick weirdo.

However, I came to learn that the ponies in Equestria are much…much different than the ponies where I come from.

Now, here she is, looking beautiful with that messy mane and drooping eyes. Unbeknownst to her of the horrifying nightmare I just had.

“Matt…” she quietly says. “What’s wrong? Ah heard ya call mah name.”

Her voice of concern, and her lovely eyes are overwhelming for me. In an instant, I grab her, pulling her in for an embrace and a passionate kiss. She moans in surprise, but like all of our kisses, she enjoys the feeling. However, the thought of what I experienced was still lingering in my mind; poisoning my thoughts of a future without her.

My kiss becomes protracted and rougher; not able to take what’s in my head. It is now that Applejack realizes something is wrong, pushing me away. We both breathe heavily from our lip lock, and she places a hoof on my chest, giving it a gentle rub.

“Talk to me.” she whispers. “What’s the matter?”

“I…” I try not to think about the dream, but I cannot shrug it off. “I had a nightmare.”

“Tell me about it.” she inquires. I turn away from her in refusal, but she brings my gaze back to her. “Matt…we agreed. No more secrets between us.”

I can’t argue with her; it’s impossible to do so. Ever since our big fight days before Clementine was born, we agreed to no longer keep secrets between us. If something were bothering either one of us, we would tell each other with no hesitation. There is not much she doesn’t know about me at this point, and there isn’t much I don’t know about her.

The only thing I do not know is the story of her parents. Ever since that day in the farm, when I asked her about her mother and father, I never asked her again, due to the look on her face. That one night, when Princess Luna brought me into her dream, I saw myself yelling at her about her failure to protect her parents. I knew that it wasn’t a good story, yet I remained silent.

Now, I’m going to have to tell her of the nightmare I just had.

“It was…it was the day Clem was born. You were pushing, and I was holding your hoof. Then, she’s born, and you looked so happy.” I smile, before… “But then, you start to give out. The doctors take me out of the room, and I hear you flatline.”

“But…it turned out okay. Ah was fine.”

“That’s the thing. My dream doesn’t end like that. Redheart would tell me that you died. I would rush into the ER, and try to revive you, calling your name, and…” I couldn’t bear to tell her the rest anymore. I sob into her chest, and she holds me tight, caressing the back of my head with her hooves.

“How long have you been havin’ this dream?”

“Every year.” I weakly reply, “Usually before Clementine’s birthday. I think about all the times we spent together, but that one moment always pops up. It was…it was the time where I felt truly helpless.”

“It’s okay, Matt. Don’t cry.”

“I almost lost you, AJ. I vowed to help and protect you, but I stood there in that hospital, thinking I failed you. I shut down. I didn’t talk to anyone that was around me. I felt…I felt like I couldn’t go on living.”

Applejack brings my face back to hers. I see her look at me with an expression of slight anger, but the love was still present.

“You listen to me, Matt. Ah know you were scared, and the thought of loosin’ me must have put a toll on ya, but if somethin’ were to happen like that again, ah want ya to promise me that ya won’t shut down.”

“AJ…I don’t like these promises.”

“Ah don’t care! Clementine needs someone or somepony ta take care of her, and ah won’t allow ya ta wallow in grief to the point where ya can’t provide and care for her!” Applejack shuts her eyes, fighting back tears. Her voice soon becomes calm, soothing, and gentle. “Ya can’t shut down. Never again. Okay?”

She’s right. I can’t do that again. Not to her, and definitely not to Clementine. I nod in agreement, rubbing my hand along her back and spine, caressing the smooth coat that covers it. I bring myself forward, resting my forehead onto hers, and give her muzzle a small kiss, letting her know that I’m okay now.

“Okay.” I whisper. “Okay. I promise.”

“Thank you.” she smiles, nuzzling her muzzle underneath my chin, kissing my neck as she does it. “No more bad dreams for you tonight. You should borrow mah dreams.”

“What do you dream about?” I wonder.

“What else do ah dream about? Ah have our superhero dream. You and me; fightin’ crime, and comin’ home to our lovely little filly.”

“Applemare and Stumble-Man?”

“Nope.” she shakes her head. “Applemare and The Chairman.” she giggles.

“The Chairman? The Chairman of what?”

“You know…The Chair-man. Because ya like ta hit stuff with chairs.”

It takes a few seconds for me to get the joke. I respond with a laugh; taking away any sadness I was feeling minutes prior.

This is why I love her so dearly. She’s the kindest, gentlest, most strong-hearted woman I have ever known. I hold her close to me, pressing her against my chest. Then, slowly, gradually, I move her on her back. She looks at me, wondering what I’m doing.

“If you don’t mind…” I say, “I’d like to sleep on your chest again.”

“Go ahead, sugarcube.” she smiles, “Ya don’t need ta ask.”

I rest my head atop her chest, feeling it rise upwards and downwards as she breathes softly and slowly. Carefully, I run my fingers along her stomach, and upwards to that bit of fluff that protrudes upwards on her chest. She giggles at the touch. Still ticklish after all this time.

“Did I ever tell you why I like sleeping on your chest?” I ask her.

“Ah figured it was because of that fluff on it.” Applejack chuckles, closing her eyes for a rest.

“That’s part of it…” I smile, “But this is the real reason.” I place a hand flat on her chest. My index finger rises and falls, creating a beat on her, simulating a heartbeat. “It’s your heart.” I whisper. “I like listening to it when I sleep. It lets me know that you’re still here. I find it soothing and comfortable. I like to hear it slow down when you’re asleep, and pound furiously when you’re excited. It’s the best sound in the world.”

I hear nothing from her. No words, no reaction, no nothing. Nothing…but her heart beating that furious beat that I mentioned. I feel a hoof graze along the back of my head, and her breathing becomes heavy when I respond by caressing her coat. I kiss her chest softly, then I kiss it again…and again.

Applejack’s forelegs start pulling me upwards, and I listen by moving up to her face, kissing every part of her on my way up. Once I reach her eyes, I can see the look on her face. Her hooves move to the bottom of my shirt, pulling it up and off my body, allowing my bare skin to touch her soft coat.

“No one can say that, and NOT expect this kind of response.” she chuckles, but breathes in that seductive manner that tells me of the night that is in store for us.

“Wait…” I put a hand on her muzzle. “We have to be quiet.” I gesture over to the next room, where Clementine is sleeping.

Applejack nods, but before I lean down to continue kissing her, she suddenly turns the tables, flipping me to my back, and her on top of me. She leans down, kissing my neck, and makes her way to my lips, planting a much gentler kiss on it.

“More like YOU have to be quiet.” she whispers in my ear. “Ah can keep it down just fine.”

“This sounds like a dangerous challenge.” I smile deviously.

“It sure does.”

One thing is for sure…we’re making love, no matter the consequences.


Morning arises, and Clementine walks out of her room with a yawn and a rubbing of the eyes. She walks into the kitchen, failing to notice Applejack and I sitting on the couch, with her in my lap, and me nuzzling against her shoulder.

It doesn’t take long for her to notice us, seeing that we’re in a bit of a romantic position.

“Hey…” Clementine says in confusion, “What’s goin’ on?”

“Nothing. Just havin’ a good morning.” Applejack says in a soothing tone, swooning from my nuzzling. “You want some breakfast?”

“Ah already have an apple, so I’m good.” she continues looking at us, eliciting a chuckle. “Well, as much as it’s nice seeing you two so happy, it’s time for mah cartoons, and yer in the way of mah spot.”

“Okay, fine.” I say, picking up Applejack, and carrying her in my arms. “We’ll let you watch your cartoons in peace.”

“Thanks.” she goes over to the previously occupied spot, sitting herself down in the groove that has formed from her prolonged bouts of sitting there. “So, um…ah think there’s a rodent in the house.”

“What?” I query, “Where?”

“Ah don’t know. I was hearin’ some noises last night. Sounded like somethin’ was bangin’ against the wall.”

“Oh…” I stammer, glancing over at a snickering Applejack. “Um…did it sound like wood hitting the wall?”

“Yeah, and lots of squeakin’. That’s why ah assume it’s a rat or somethin’.”

“Ah, okay.” I nod, making the occasional look at Applejack attempting to stifle her laughter from the truth of what was the real source of last night’s noises. “I’ll…um…look into it.”

“Ah mean, it was only for thirty minutes, so it might have ran off…”

Suddenly, Applejack bursts out laughing in my arms, starling me. I put her down, as she tries to maintain her once cool and calm expression. She trots back into the bedroom, laughing into a pillow.

“What’s goin’ on with Mom?” Clementine wonders.

“Oh…um…she remembered a funny joke I told her, and she can’t get it out of her head.”

“What’s the joke?”

“Um…” I had to think fast. Then, it hit me. “Yo momma is so fat, I took a picture of her last Hearth's Warming Eve, and it's still printing.”

Suddenly, Clementine bursts out laughing. She writhes on the couch, trying to breathe from the joke I told. She rolls off the couch and onto the floor, still laughing up a storm.

With two of the best girls in my life laughing for completely different reasons, I resign myself to the kitchen, where I begin making breakfast for them. Hard to believe that this morning went from calm and sweet, then to Clementine thinking Applejack and I’s love making was the work of a bothersome rodent, and finally to me telling my first ever “Yo momma” joke to her.

Such is life, I suppose. I don’t care. I’m happy all the same.