• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 7,285 Views, 622 Comments

Our Little Clementine - MaxBeezy



The "My New Life In Equestria" trilogy concludes with the chronicles of Matt and Applejack raising their Daughter from foalhood to her teenage years. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
33
 622
 7,285

The Trip Through The Eyes of A Farmpony

I’m in love with Slip Wing, but he’s been awfully distant lately.

In truth, I’ve always been in love with him. Ever since we started to hang out together when we were foals. I was so upset that he and his family left for Manehattan, and I didn’t see him again for a couple years. When he returned, however, it was one of the happiest moments of my life. Sure, I could have gone down to the bustling city myself to visit, but now I can saunter on over to Ponyville and see him whenever I want to, without the three hour train ride.

I wish my teleportation band was made before he returned, then this really wouldn’t have been a problem.

But that problem has come and gone, and now I’m faced with a brand new problem to deal with, in that there’s something wrong with Slip.

I mean, we’re still hanging out a bit; we’re still going to lunch, but there’s something about him that I can’t put my hoof on. Our time together has become limited; either because of a sudden family emergency, or that he wanted to be sure that his final projects for school were absolutely perfect. Even stranger, there’s a missing twinkle in his eye when he looks at me, and I’m too afraid to ask. This behavior didn’t start until the day I went home by myself. Usually, Slip stands outside Canterlot High, and we take the train home to talk about our days.

Admittedly, I took a while to leave the school, as Fast Lane took me aside to tell me some wonderful news. He has his eyes on Skye for a long while; a feeling that I know all too well, and finally mustered the courage to ask her to prom. To his and my absolute delight, she replied in an enthusiastic yes, and I responded to the news by giving him my signature bear hug. It was a long time coming, and I was happy for him.

When I left, Slip wasn’t there. Other students mentioned him taking off running and taking an early train home. I visited his house and asked why he left, and he said that he wasn’t feeling well. Poor thing, though it must have been a small bug, as he seemed better after the weekend. It’s a good thing, too, as we had the camping trip coming up, and I didn’t want to go without him.

In truth, I wanted to ask him to prom on the way back home. Now, I’m not so sure I should ask. That twinkle I mentioned a few seconds ago? I always saw that as some sort of indication that he might have had some sort of affection for me. Sure, I might have been making a hopeless assumption, but I wanted it to be true. Now that it’s gone, I’m actually more than a little scared. I want to ask him what’s the matter, but I continue to be hesitant.

Come on Clem, mare up.

“Clem, you okay?” a familiar voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I look up to see my Mom and Dad staring at me. We’re at the train station, with other mares and stallions from my school. It’s time for the school field trip, where we are visiting Neighagra Falls for the weekend. My bag full of supplies shifts about on my strong back, while Dad holds the duffle bag that contains my tent.

“Oh…I…” I’m trailing off. I must have been standing here like a loon for forever, and they’re now wondering why. “I’m okay. Just a bit tired.” Dad responds by giving my head a little pat. “Dad!” I say embarrassed, “I’m alright, really! Stop petting me!”

“Why? Are colts watching?” he teases. He’s always like this; making jokes about colts checkin’ me out. Dunno why he does it. I bet that if I ever get a coltfriend, he’s going to be extremely judgmental and try to scare the poor stallion. Then again, if my coltfriend is Slip, maybe he’ll go easy on him.

Still…he could be right.

“What? Where?” I look around. Great, I fell into his tease. There were no colts watching. Just school ponies putting their belongings on the train. No sign of Slip. I hope he makes it. Would be a shame if he doesn’t show. I push my Dad lightly, prompting a giggle from both him and Mom.

“Now, are ya sure ya got everythin’, sugarcube?” Mom asks. “Don’t want ya ta be on your way, when ya figure out ya forgot ya toothbrush.”

“Yes, Mom. I’m fine.” I smile. “We checked, double checked, and triple checked. We even called Twilight over to make sure that I had everything. I think we’re good.”

“Well, it can’t hurt ta be extra careful.”

“It might.” I joke.

The whistle of the Train Conductor blows, with the stallion gesturing for all to come aboard. If the gesture didn’t provide a good enough signal, his proclamation of “All aboard!” sure did. Dad helps out my stuff on the train, while Mom fixes up my mane. Geez, Mom. It’s a camping trip, not prom.

Speaking of which, where is that Slip?

“There you are, Slip.” I hear Mrs. Cheerilee say. I turn my head to see her talking to Slip, who arrives with nearly out of breath with his parents. “You’re nearly late.”

“Sorry, Mrs. Cheerilee.” He says. “I got sidetracked with packing.”

“Get on board, son.” His dad says.

“I love you, sweetheart.” His mom kisses him on the cheek.

“Love you, too. I’ll see you on Monday.” Slip gets on board, bringing his bags and tent bag with him. I’m still amazed how strong he can be. Still, he didn’t look my way. Isn’t he wondering where I am?

“Have fun!” his mom waves.

“Clem, time ta go.” Mom says to me. “Have a good time.” She kisses me on the cheek, while Dad gives me another playful pat.

I hop onto the train in a jiffy, and the doors close behind me. Neighagra Falls, here I come.


After I’m done making sure that my luggage is nice and snug, I go into the train car with all of my classmates. Fast Lane is chatting it up with Skye; a nice sight, since they are now going to the prom together. Terra and Dice roll are further ahead, reading the latest issue of Game Journal for the newest information on upcoming video games. With them, it makes going on the internet unnecessary, as they have caught me up on all the latest news. Their rants on censorship in the latest games are a source of information and even amusement.

A little ways down, I see Slip, sitting by his lonesome and staring out the window. He looks so peaceful, but also, strangely sad. Something must be bothering him, but what? Are his folks having a fight? Did he not do well on a test? Maybe he’s moving away again, and is too scared to tell me. I hope it’s none of those things, but especially not the last one.

“Hey.” I say to Slip, catching his attention.

“Oh, hey Clem.” He acknowledges me with a smile. Though his mouth signifies that he’s happy to see me, that lack of a glimmer in his eyes rears its ugly head once again. I want to ask, but…

“Mind if I sit down?” I chicken out spectacularly.

“Not at all.” Slip scoots closer to the window, giving me more room than I can deal with. He doesn’t need to do that. He can get closer to me if he wants to. It’s not like he hasn’t done it before. “You excited about the trip?” he asks, breaking my train of thought.

“Of course. I mean, we’ve been to Neighagra Falls before, but as a full fledge camping trip? I can’t wait! What about you?”

“I can’t wait, either. I wonder what we’re going to be doing? Rafting? Biking? Mountain Climbing?”

“I don’t know about mountain climbing.” I chuckle, “That sounds dangerous. Not for you, though. You can just fly up there.”

“I’m sure I’d get in trouble for that.” He chuckles right back. “Besides, you’d probably still beat me with your super strength. You’re inc…”

Slip trails off from his last thought. He looks away from me, and at the floor. What happened? It sounded like he was complimenting me, and stopped. Did he just remember something? He must have. He looks sad again.

“What’s the matter, Slip?” I wonder.

“Huh? No. I just…um…I…felt a little lightheaded, is all.” Oh, I don’t like it when he feels sick. I get closer to feel his temperature. Suddenly, he moves his head away from my hoof. A briefly serious look crosses his face, before he quickly grins and chuckles. “It’s not that serious, Clem. I think I just didn’t drink enough water this morning. It happens.”

“Okay…” I don’t quite believe him, but I don’t really want to argue. “Make sure you drink a lot of water this weekend. I want to do a whole bunch of fun stuff with you.”

“It’s a da…um…deal.” Woah, he caught himself a might quick there. I wonder what he was going to say before. He looks back out the window to the beautiful scenery.

“Hey…Slip?” I cannot bear it. “I want to ask you something.”

“What is it?” he turns back. “Everything okay?”

“Yeah…I can’t help but ask….but…are you mad at me?”

A long pause occurs between us. Slip stares at me with those eyes of his. I can see it. He looks conflicted. It feels like he wants to say yes, but ever so briefly, I see that wonderful glimmer in his eyes seconds before it goes away again. His serious look turns into a smile, as he shakes his head at my question.

“No.” he says. “Not at all. I can never be mad at you.”

“Really?” I feel a bit relieved, but… “I just feel that you’ve been avoiding me.”

“What? Avoiding you?” Slip seems surprised about this. “No, never. True, I’ve been a bit busy, but I would never avoid you. I’m sorry.” That empathetic tone of voice that I find charming is present in his speech. It sounds genuine. “For the duration of this trip, I’ll hang out with you as much as you want.”

His words make me happy. “That’s great!” I say with glee. “Maybe we can hang with the others, too. Skye, Terra, Dice Roll and Fast Lane would love to be with us!”

Just then, a flash of something hits Slip’s face. A look that I cannot comprehend. It’s gone before I can fully register it, and his words of “That would be great, too!” have already left his mouth.

Why am I being so cowardly about this? Just ask what’s the matter. I shouldn’t care if I press the issue. I want to know.


We’ve arrived at the Neighagra Falls station. Mrs. Cheerilee leads us all out, while workers on the train put our things together for the journey to the camp. Slip is by my side, and we are joined by our other friends. Skye, Terra, Dice Roll and Fast Lane are quick to come to us, with each one brandishing friendly smiles.

Soon, we are greeted by a massive luncheon before our walk to the campsite. Salads and sandwiches galore, with more than enough for all of us. Every student, including myself, don’t hesitate to gorge on the delicious meal, all the while we converse amongst each other. While our conversations seem pleasant enough, I could not help but notice Slip making occasional glances to Skye and Fast Lane. The two are being awful sweet on each other, and this seems to be bothering Slip for some reason.

Within minutes, we head up to the campsite, which is pretty far away from the station. The long hike is nothing for me and Slip, but the others struggle a bit. Which is fine; I don’t mind the slow walk, even if Slip isn’t saying much. The beautiful countryside, and the faint rush of the falls are music to my ears, making them flutter in pleasantries.

That rush of the falls get closer, as we finally make it to the campsite. It’s only a mile away from the river, but it might as well sound like it’s right next to us. It’s not too bad, however, as we can hear each other fine, without resorting to shouting.

Mrs. Cheerilee wasn’t kidding about the separation between fillies and colts, as our campsites are quite a distance away from each other. The fillies expressed their disappointment before the trip, and they are certainly repeating themselves now.

“Not fair…” Terra says in a pout, putting her tent together in a mixture of efficiency and annoyance. “What if I’m in the cuddling mood? Dice Roll is too far away, and I bet Mrs. Cheerilee has some kind of alarm system put into place.”

“Terra?” Skye looks at her in curiosity, “I’m wondering…have you and Dice Roll…you know…done it?”

“What? No!” Terra is taken aback by her sister’s question. “If we did, I would have told you!”

“Were you two thinking about it?” I chime in.

“Well…yeah…a few times. Prom is a definite possibility of…it…happening. We’re a little nervous, so we might just bail out.”

“If you two feel it’s right, then go on ahead…then again, I’m not your sister. Sorry, Skye.”

“No, Clem,. I agree with you.” Skye smiles, then looks back to Terra. “You and Dice Roll are perfect for each other, but if you two aren’t ready, there’s no shame in it. Besides, you know how our Sex Ed teach is getting on everypony’s case about premarital relations. Maybe it’s a good thing you two don’t go through with it.”

“Why? Is she going to bust through the window and attack us?” Terra sounds worried, almost like she believes it. I suppress my laughter for as long as I can, before Skye responds with…

“She’s crazy enough to do it.”

Now I laugh, thinking of our Sex Ed teacher crashing through a window with a crazed expression.

“What about you and Slip?” Skye turns to me. I stop laughing. “Have you two set a date?”

“We aren’t even together.” I reply. That makes me disappointed just saying that.

“Didn’t you tell us that you were going to ask Slip to prom? Why haven’t you said anything yet? I’m sure he’d say yes.”

“I thought so, too. But…I don’t know…something is different about him these days. It’s like…it’s like he’s mad at me for some reason.”

“Why in Equestria would Slip be mad at you?”

“That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Whenever I’d see him, he would be so happy to see me, but now…he’s happy…but…not…does that make sense?” I feel like I’m not making sense. Skye and Terra look at each other in confusion. I don’t think I’m getting to them.

“Clem…we love you. You’re a great friend and a wonderful mare. But you just don’t see it, do you?” Terra says. I don’t understand what she’s talking about. See what, exactly? There’s nothing to see. “Clem…Slip is in love with you.”

My heart. My poor sensitive heart. It just skipped. It skipped so hard that I feel like it’s going to drop out. Slip? In love with me? No, no, no. That’s not possible. He can’t be in love with me. Terra is just being silly, probably joking. I shall respond with a hearty laugh in disbelief, and they’ll laugh alongside me.

They’re not laughing alongside me.

“You can’t be serious.” I say. “Slip…he’s not in love with me. He doesn’t see me like that.”

“But, you’re in love with HIM.” Skye interjects.

“Well…yeah…of course I’m in love with him, but he can’t possibly feel the same way. That would be silly.”

“Why would that be silly? You two have been inseparable since he came back from Manehattan all those years ago. Him falling for you is only natural. You don’t see it, but WE do. Every time he looks at you, he sees the world. That is love. And, let’s be honest, here, you’re pretty hot.”

“Skye!” I’m surprised she would even say that. I am not…

“It’s true!” Terra interrupts my train of thought. “You’re fit, you’re strong, you’re hair is just…perfect. Sweet Celestia, do you use product?”

“Only shampoo and conditioner.”

“That’s it? You got a natural beauty, just like your mom.”

“Yeah, Mrs. Apple is pretty hot, too. No wonder Clem looks great.”

“I’m standing right here, you two. You don’t need to try and make me feel better.”

“Oh, that’s adorable.” Skye smiles. “Clem doesn’t realize how good looking she is. Believe us, Slip definitely has the feels for you. Maybe something happened that got him a bit frazzled. It can’t hurt to ask.”

In a way, she’s right. It can’t hurt to ask. If only it was that simple, though. The trouble is that I’m a big huge chicken, and I’m afraid of asking if he actually…LOVES…me. What if he doesn’t? What if Skye and Terra are wrong, and I got my hopes up for nothing? That would be so embarrassing! What if I asked him if he had feelings for me, and he laughed in my face? I don’t think I can deal with that scenario! I would hide in my room, and never come out for the rest of my life. Then, I would eat ice cream, and watch sappy movies, and get all fat. Probably get a cat…then two…then a billion.

Wow, that sounds like a terrible future.


After our camps were set up, Mrs. Cheerliee went through with the schedule for the next couple of days. Tomorrow, we are set for a long hike to the top of the mountain above the falls. While the original plan was for all of us to go together, she decided at the last minute to allow for groups, even pairs, and is giving us till tomorrow to get our teams together.

It doesn’t take me long to figure out my hiking partner.

“Hey, Slip.” I go to him immediately when we all break for dinner. “Wanna be my hiking partner?” I say flat out.

“Oh, uh…sure.” Slip smiles, looking around.

“What are you looking around for?”

“Nothing. Thought I saw a bat heading for you.”

“WHAT?!” I immediately duck and weave from the bat. Slip chuckles at me. Things are too obvious. “There was no bat, was there?”

“No, but that was pretty funny.” He chuckles some more. I hit him on the shoulder. “I’d be happy to go hiking with you. Wanna get Fast Lane and the others? Make it a group?”

“Nope. Just us.”

“Sounds good to me.” He smiles again. That handsome smile of his is disarming, I swear to Celestia.

We go to dinner together. He’s right next to me. I can feel his warmth emanating on my coat. I want to get even closer to him. I want to brush shoulders with him. But, when I get closer, he separates. Did he notice how close we were? Did he back off because we were moments away from touching?

I have it bad, don’t I?


Day arrives after a surprisingly comfortable night of sleep. Everypony is up by the eight o’clock hour, and Mrs. Cheerliee, who looks to have woken up well before us, is ready and waiting with her fanny pack full of water. Seeing her hyped up for a walk makes me chuckle a little bit. I hope her husband liked walks as much as she did.

“Okay, everypony.” Mrs. Cheerilee says, “Go to your hiking group or buddy, and begin your walk. Remember, always stick together. There are multiple ways to the top of the mountain, and all of them are safe. This isn’t a race, take your time, but most importantly, have fun.” She then blows the whistle, and goes walking with a couple of students. Both colts with massive crushes on her. It’s hard to blame them.

Slip is by my side, giving me a smile. That starts the hike on a positive note.

We take the route that others don’t take. My decision, since it gives us time to be alone, but the map assures us that this is one of many correct paths that lead to the same destination. Our hike is calm and peaceful, but most of all, quiet. A little too quiet for my tastes. The rustling leaves and the chirping of birds break the silence briefly, but what I really want to hear is our voices speaking to one another.

“Watch out.” Slip says calmly. “Bit of a dip in the ground.” He points to said dip, which would have tripped me if I wasn’t paying attention.

“Thanks.” I say. “I don’t know what I would have done without you.”

“You would have been fine.” Slip chuckles in a manner that seems awkward. Did I touch some kind of nerve? I mean, I did sound really nice there. Maybe he thought I was hitting on him.

We travel another silent mile or so. The silence is killing me. I can’t take it anymore. I can hear the rush of the rapids just beyond a nearby ridge. I run passed Slip to get to the ridge.

“Clem, be careful.” Slip says with concern in his voice.

I look over the ridge to see a long hill that leads straight down to the rapids. One wrong move, and I could tumble and fall right into the water. That would be terrifying; even more so that the rapids lead to the falls, which is bad news for a flightless pony such as myself.

“Clem…” Slip makes it to me. “Watch your step. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“I’ll be fine.” I assure him. “I just wanted to see the river.”

“Okay, you saw it. Can you come back to me, please?” That concern in his voice is really starting to get me curious.

“Why are you so worried? You know me; I’ll be fine.”

“Yeah, but…” Slip stops talking. He sounds panicked, but also hesitant to what he wants to say next.

“But, what?” I get nothing out of him. “But what, Slip? This ain’t the first time I looked over a ridge to see something, or the first time we were near something dangerous. Why are you being so skittish?”

“I’m not. I just…I don’t…I don’t want Fast Lane to get angry with me.”

“What are you talking about? Why would Fast Lane be angry with you?” I am really confused by this. What about Fast Lane?

“I don’t want you to get hurt, because I don’t want Fast Lane to find out I couldn’t protect his prom date.”

WAIT….WHAT IN THE HAY DID HE JUST SAY?!

“Excuse me?” I can’t believe what I’m hearing. “What do you mean by ‘Prom Date?’ Fast Lane and I aren’t going to prom.”

“Of course you are. I saw you two at school. He asked you to prom, and you said yes and hugged him.”

Oh my gosh. He…he saw me and Fast Lane hugging. He thought…and now he…oh no. Oh no, no, no. It makes sense. This is why he’s been looking at me like that. Skye and Terra were right! They were absolutely right! He’s in love with me! He’s in love with me, and he’s jealous! No! This can’t be happening! He can’t be jealous with me! He can’t be in love with me!

Hold on…I have to make sure.

“Slip? Are you in love with me?”

Slip goes practically frozen at my words. His cheeks turn red, and his eyes go glassy. He is in love with me! He is! I can’t believe it! All this time, and he’s been in love with me! This should be a dream come true! I’ve been wanting this to happen since forever!

“Why are you in love with me?!” I shout at him. Wait, that sounded like I’m mad at him.

“I’m sorry!” Slip shouts back in embarrassment. “I didn’t…I didn’t want you to find out this way. Just forget what I said, okay? Come over here, and we’ll complete the hike. The others are waiting for us.”

“No! I want to know! You can’t just take something back like that!” I REALLY sound like I'm angry at him. I need to cool it down.

“Clem…”

“No! I’m not moving!”

“Clem, the ridge, it’s…”

Oh. The ridge.

CRACK goes the ridge. I fall. Oh no. I can hear Slip shout my name in a full on panic. My rump hits the ground first. Even covered in leaves, it hurts like Tartarus. Everything becomes a blur as I roll and roll and roll down the steep hill. I can feel my coat getting scratched, and that mane that Skye and Terra called perfect getting mussed up by the violent descent. If this keeps up, I’ll hit the…

SPLASH!

Oh damn it. I’m in the rapids aren’t I?

“Slip!” I yell, as the water tosses me around. It’s hard to get words out, and all that’s coming out is “Slip!” I keep yelling for him. I’m screaming his name.

“I’m coming!” I can hear him say. Please, Slip. Please get me out of here. I need you to get me out of here. I’m strong, but I can’t fight this current. And, I need to tell you everything. I need to tell you how I feel. How I’ve always felt about you.

Please.

“The log! Grab the log!” He shouts.

I look to see myself heading for a log sticking out towards the water. With all my strength, I grab on to it. It’s mossy. It’s slippery. I’m holding on for as long as I can.

“I can’t hold on, Slip!” I scream.

“I’m almost there!” Slip gets to the log. He comes towards me. “Take my hoof!”

I reach out.

CRACK!

Screw you, log.

I paddle as hard as I can, but Slip, mouth agape and in shock, watches me go. Soon, he takes off for me. The rapids are getting faster and faster. The water gets more violent than usual, and my body feels like it has been through a beating of a lifetime. The rushing water can only mean one thing.

I’m heading for the waterfall.

Oh no. This is it, isn’t it? This is how this is going to end. I’m going to fall into oblivion, and never come back. My parents will be sad, they’ll probably sue the school, and poor nice Mrs. Cheerilee, and worst of all, Slip will never know the truth.

I close my eyes. Waiting for the drop. I’m sorry, everypony.

Suddenly, just before I drop, I shoot up out of the water, and into the sky. My eyes are completely shut. I dare not know what happened. All I can tell is that I’m being held in a vice grip, and I’m friggin’ cold. Only now do I realize how cold that water was. Am I dead? Did I die and am now going to heaven? No, that can’t be true. I’d be feeling warm and not wet.

In a matter of moments, I feel the ground hit my rump, but gently, and wings wrapping themselves around me.

I open my eyes.

Slip is the one holding onto me. He’s wet, too, either from getting some water on him during the rescue, or my own wet self messing up his beautiful coat. He’s shivering as much as I am, and tears are streaming down his face. Oh, Slip. Why are you crying? More importantly…

“Slip…” I say, teeth chattering. “Y-you….y-you s-s-s-s-saved me.”

“I couldn’t…I could let you d…” he can’t get that last word out. I can see the pain in his eyes. I hold onto him. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Clem. I’m such an idiot. A stupid, jealous idiot.”

“Slip…I’m trying to tell you…Fast Lane wasn’t asking me to prom.”

“Wait…what?”

“He was telling me that he asked Skye, and she said yes. That’s why I was hugging him.”

“So…you’re not going to prom with him?”

“No!”

“I…I…” He holds me tighter. “I feel worse! I’m worse than an idiot! All this time, and I was angry for nothing!”

“So you were mad at me.”

“No! I could never be mad at you! I was mad at myself. I thought I was too late. I wanted to ask you to prom! More than that, I wanted to tell you how I felt. I love you, Clementine! I love you so much!”

He said it. He actually said it. He actually loves me.

“I love you too, Slip.”

I hear his heart skip a beat. Maybe more.

“You…you do?”

“I do. I’ve been in love with you for as long as I can remember. I was too scared to tell you, because I thought you didn’t feel the same. I thought I wasn’t smart enough, or pretty enough to be with you.”

“Clementine, what are you talking about?” Slip pulls me back to look into my eyes. That twinkle in his eyes. It’s back. Oh sweet Celestia, it’s back. “You are smarter than I will ever be. You’ve helped me with my math homework, kept me on track at history, you’re a genius compared to me. And not beautiful enough? Clem, you are the most beautiful mare I’ve ever laid eyes on.”

“Even more than Allotrope?” I ask, thinking back to the time he saw Allotrope for the first time, and dropping his jaw at her beauty.

“Clem, Allotrope is pretty, but you’re more than that. You’re more than pretty, or gorgeous. You’re perfect.”

Perfect. Me. He said I was perfect. The farm pony. Clementine the farm pony. Perfect.

I can’t take it anymore.

I grab him and drive my lips into his. Upon contact with his lips, I can feel myself getting warm all across my body. Slip is rigid and understandably shocked at first, but I can feel him loosening up. His lips become soft and moist, and his mouth opens along with mine. Our tongues briefly touch each other, before going right for it.

My first kiss. My first REAL kiss. It’s with Slip.

I wrap a foreleg around the back of his neck, and start pulling him down to the ground. I’m getting greedy, now. I want more. I want a lot more. I start moaning at his touch; being driven wild by his kisses. I’m ready. I’m ready now.

“W-wait!” Slip separates from my wanting lips. “You…you almost died just a minute ago.”

“I know.”

“But…don’t you want to rest first, before…”

“No time!” I yell. “I need you now!”

“Okay, but I didn’t bring…”

I have no room for delays. My heart is racing. My body heat is on fire. Only one things can make me feel better. I bring him back down and kiss him.

I feel safe. I feel secure. I feel relieved. I haven’t felt this good in a long time. I’ve always wanted this. I’ve always wanted to feel Slip’s lips against mine. I’ve always wanted Slip’s hooves to feel my body.

I’ve always wanted Slip to be on top of me.


We are the last to arrive at the top of the mountain. Everypony else is too busy looking at the wondrous sights to notice our arrival.

Everypony except Mrs. Cheerilee. She runs to us with a worried expression.

“There you two are! We thought you got lost.”

“Yeah…we did for a moment.” I say. Slip doesn’t say anything, but the permanent smile on his face tells me everything.

“Well…it’s a good thing…good golly, you’re all wet!”

“What?”

“Your coat is soaked! Slip’s too.”

I look down. She’s right. We haven’t fully dried off from the water adventure.

“Oh yeah. We got a bit too close to the rapids, and we got splashed.”

“It’s a good thing you two didn’t fall in. The water is unruly this time of year.”

“We know.”

“Alright. We have twenty more minutes before we head back to camp, so take a look at the sights.”

“Yes, Mrs. Cheerilee.”

Slip and I walk over to where our friends are. We stand close to one another, just like how I always wanted it. Feeling him up against me gives me goosebumps all over, and I love it. I look to my left to see Skye and Terra looking at me with curiosity. I nod a confirmation at them. I don’t think they know what I’m confirming, but they blush wildly at my nod. Maybe they do know what I’m confirming.

I look back out to the scenery before us. I see the trees, I see the rapids, I see the falls. Then, I feel Slip’s wing rest on top of my back like a blanket, pulling me in even closer to Slip more than I already am.

I gaze up and see Slip staring right back at me with his loving eyes, and softly comes in for a gentle kiss. Once we separate, we look back out to the majestic view before us.

We are now together.

Everything has changed.