• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 1,865 Views, 24 Comments

Tall Tales' Not-So-Secret Shipfic Folder - Tall Tales



A collection of bad fan fiction prompted by the Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder game.

  • ...
20
 24
 1,865

Better with a Man [Braeburn, Pony Joe]

Braeburn looked around the Stallion’s Lodge, at the monocles and mustaches. Sure, there was tea, doilies, and an inexplicable portrait of a dog, but it was all very MANLY.

— Lodging a Complaint

Braeburn was deep in discussion with two other stallions when Pony Joe found him.

“Finally having a gay time are we?” Pony Joe greeted, taking in Braeburn’s bright smile and shining monocle. A far departure from the morose stallion who drank himself to depression before Pony Joe was moved by his plight and escorted him into the back room. “Please excuse us, Shining Armor, King Sombra.”

Braeburn watched the other two leave to indulge in a short five-cent ride on an animatronic mustache before replying, “Indeed I am, Pony Joe. Never have I seen such a gathering of tailored suits and polished monocles. I’ve received many mustache grooming tips since I’ve arrived and cannot wait to try them.”

“We do have a mustache parlor,” Pony Joe recommended, pointing a hoof in its direction. “It’s right next to the wrestling room. I’ll show it to you later. For now, I am pleased to see you in better spirits.”

“Yes, and I have you to thank for it. When my marefriend left me, I thought I would never find comfort again, but you showed me otherwise.”

“I told you as such, did I not? When things get hard,” the word is whispered directly into his ear before Pony Joe stepped away to address the whole room, “then what you need is a stallion!”

Stallions all around the room nodded in agreement, murmuring their agreements before bursting into polite applause.

“Quite.”

“Indubitably.”

“Hear, hear!”

Braeburn felt his monocle fogging up and his mustache moisten. Never had he felt more at home in his life.

Author's Note:

Card: Quite.

Comments ( 5 )

5682932

Hey! Sorry for taking so long to reply but I'm flattered you did a reading for it. :D Sad that I can't hear it since the video seems to have been removed, but the thought still makes me happy!

6466947 I imagined it some time in the future after Simple Ways! Of course, if people see the insinuation of Rarijack in that episode, who am I to say it isn't there?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

6528219
Oh, is that what that was a reference to? :O I apparently don't know my TSSSF lore very well!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

what XD well, this series has been fun!

6677506 Thanks for reading it! :D I'm flattered you went through the whole thing.

Login or register to comment