• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 1,864 Views, 24 Comments

Tall Tales' Not-So-Secret Shipfic Folder - Tall Tales



A collection of bad fan fiction prompted by the Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder game.

  • ...
20
 24
 1,864

Blues in the Night [Blueblood/Caramel]

He’s a cosmopolitan stallion who’s broken as many mares’ hearts as he has bad guys’ faces. His sidekick is a country-grown colt with a pure, naive soul and the determination to make the world a better place. Together they are... The Trottingham Shadows!

— In The Dark of Twilight

Blueblood was no saint, and Caramel should have seen it coming. It still came to a surprise when the aristocrat didn’t hestitate in seducing the mobster they were after and snagging an invite into his home. Guy didn’t have the chance to even get past the door before Blueblood drugged him and left him lying on the floor.

That was the thing about Blueblood: he was unpredictable. Caramel still didn’t know what drove the stallion to do the things he did and they were partners only because Caramel was too stubborn to leave.

They spent maybe an hour in there, tops, before they found the files they were looking for and had enough evidence to put an entire criminal organization behind bars for good. Caramel was quiet the whole while and Blueblood didn’t say much aside from complaining about the decor.

It was only when they got home that Caramel spoke up. “Is that it? We’re not going to talk about it?”

“What’s there to talk about?” Blueblood said, already shrugging on his sleepwear while Caramel was still struggling with his face mask. Magic made getting out of costume a whole lot easier. “We got the files and we left it for the Guard to find. We’re done.”

“You know that’s not what I’m talking about. You told me you didn’t sleep with stallions.”

“I don’t. I was just pretending—”

“Don’t lie to me!” Caramel snapped. “Seducing a stallion is different from a mare and I can tell you’ve got enough experience in both.”

Blueblood sighed and used his magic to take Caramel’s mask off. The cool air felt a lot more soothing against his bare coat. “Look, why do you even care? It doesn’t matter.”

“Of course it does. I just—why can’t you look at me the way you look at them?” Caramel felt tears well up in his eyes and kept his face towards the ground. He couldn’t bear to look at Blueblood, to see what kind of expression the other stallion had on him. “You sleep with all those other mares. Those other stallions. Why am I different?”

There was silence for a long while and Caramel didn’t think Blueblood was going to answer him when he finally heard him speak.

“You—you matter.”

Caramel raised his eyes but Blueblood had already looked away.

“Don’t make me say it again,” Blueblood said softly and went into his room. “Good night, Caramel.”

Caramel didn’t reply, only moving to shut himself in his own room and throw himself on his bed. He still didn’t feel any better, but Caramel had hope. He knew when things were wrong and he was right, and he knew he was right about this.

Author's Note:

Card: They Fight Crime