• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 428 Views, 7 Comments

The Seventh Pony - Essy



After having completed her training as a priestess at the Royal Castle, Essentia Tempera goes off to explore the world on her own. Her first and seemingly only stop is: Ponyville!

  • ...
6
 7
 428

Part 2 - Chapter IV: Fluttershy

Early that next morning, just as the dawn was making itself known, Essentia found herself alive and awake as she did her morning stretches. It did not surprise her that Rainbow Dash was not awake yet, but that did not stop her from going about her day. The priestess left a small note congratulating the rainbow pony on her accomplishments the previous day, and then she placed on her tattoo/dye-concealing pendant before departing Cloudsdale and heading back to Ponyville.

As she descended the atmosphere, Essentia took sight of Fluttershy perusing Ponyville Park and enjoying the quiet of the early morning town. The priestess decided to take a chance and go speak with the yellow pegasus.

Just as she flew downward past a tree, a small piece of a branch snagged the pendant at just the perfect angle. In that moment, Essentia decelerated quickly to the point of stopping as both the necklace and the branch snapped, and she fell square on her back with that small portion of the tree on top of her.

“GAH, FUCK!” She coughed violently.

Fluttershy was frightened by the sudden noise at first, but her instincts as a caregiver quickly overcame this fear. She galloped hastily to Essentia, finding in herself the impulsive adrenalin needed to lift the tree branch off of the priestess. Essentia coughed again and groaned in pain, and Fluttershy immediately called onto her animal friends for help. Before anything else could happen, Essentia blacked out.


Essentia’s spirit was projected from its physical vessel, that being Essentia’s body, and it looked around at the environment. The priestess had bandages on the middle third of her wings, and she seemed comfortable in the sheets of a nice bed, from what the spirit saw. It then looked outside the window to see what else it could gather, but it was then that Fluttershy decided to trot back inside the room to check on Essentia. The spirit instantly allowed itself back into Essentia’s body, and that’s when Essentia fluttered her eyes open to look at her caretaker.

“Oh, thank Celestia you’re alright! I was afraid you wouldn’t wake up, a-and…how do you feel?”

The priestess managed a small smile as Fluttershy moved to sit just beside the bed, and she exhaled slowly.

“I feel fine, for the most part; I’ve had worse in prison,” said Essentia rather softly.

“Oh, goodness…well, I made tea to help soothe your spirit and body. I hope that’s alright, I still have my mom’s old recipe book on the different attributes of teas, a-and I know you’re a priestess, so I tried to pick the best healer for you.”

Essentia was taken aback by this whole ordeal. Not only was this new friend able to patch up Essentia’s wounds, but she also made a potential remedy to her physical and metaphysical bodies, and she clearly made every effort to make the injured priestess comfortable. And, on top of it all…she was attractive; cute, even. This made Essentia blush, and she returned a slightly larger smile than before.

“Sure that’s alright, sweetheart,” she finally replied. “May I taste it?”

“Yes, right away!” Fluttershy saluted and quickly made her way to the kitchen to retrieve the tea.

Did she just call me ‘sweetheart’? thought the Element of Kindness.

As soon as Fluttershy returned with the tea, Angel the rabbit jumped onto Essentia’s bed carrying one more pillow in addition to the two already present on the bed. Both the nursing pegasus and her animal companion helped Essentia into an upright position, albeit carefully such that to not cause the priestess any more pain than what she had already experienced the last hour or so. Fluttershy placed the tea on a small table just over Essentia’s hind hooves, and she poured the tea ever-so-gingerly, in such a way that fascinated the tattooed pony.

Such grace…

Essentia picked up the cup of tea and sipped from it. Coincidentally enough, what Fluttershy had prepared was her favorite flavor of tea: rosemary chamomile tea with just a hint of clover on the top.

“Wow…this tastes incredible, darling.” She placed the tea cup back down.

“I’m so glad!” Fluttershy moved to help her, but she then found herself holding Essentia’s hoof in her own two hooves, and they both shared a mutual blush. Although however awkwardly, the priestess eventually backed her hoof away from Fluttershy’s grasp.

“Th-Thanks for the tea, darling.”

“O-Oh, of course!”

They just stared at each other for a long minute, and Fluttershy finally managed to speak up again.

“Uh…so…do priests have a special way of healing?”

“Yes, actually. We call it ‘regeneration’.”

“And how long will that take?”

“For an injury like this, likely a few days before it’s healed completely.”

“Well, you just stay here as long as you like. I don’t mind your company one bit.”

Fluttershy kissed Essentia’s forehead in that nursing-motherly sort of way. However, despite the platonic notion of it all, this only made Essentia blush more, and Fluttershy smiled as she cantered out of the room. The priestess wondered where this venture would take her, now that she can’t walk for at least another day. She allowed herself a warm smile as she began the regeneration process.

Essentia closed her eyes and chanted to herself quietly. Instantly, the spiritual magic began working itself through Essentia’s spine and wings, and she figured by her own diagnosis that it would be a few hours for the pain to subside. Her physical body very slowly started repairing itself, and she found herself expressing a radiant grin.

My word, she is adorable…and hot. I’m so glad I landed in her care above anypony else’s out here in this part of Equestria.

She allowed the chant to continue in her mind as she took a sip of the tea again, looking out at the window to see Fluttershy tending to her critter friends. The priestess sighed happily as she slumped in her bed, and she giggled.

I think I’m in love.

Comments ( 1 )

4590733
Goodness, thank you ^w^ I really appreciate it.

Login or register to comment