• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 428 Views, 7 Comments

The Seventh Pony - Essy



After having completed her training as a priestess at the Royal Castle, Essentia Tempera goes off to explore the world on her own. Her first and seemingly only stop is: Ponyville!

  • ...
6
 7
 428

Part 1 - Epilogue

Essentia and company were walking down the main street of Ponyville after having left the train station; the priestess had gotten to know everypony’s name at this point, among other things. She was examining all of the shops as they passed by them when she noticed something that seemed strange: there were virtually no residential areas to be seen.

“Where are your guys’ homes?” the priestess inquired.

“Oh, I suppose it’s a bit different from how ponies in Canterlot live,” said Twilight. “Here, we all live in the place of our work, with the exception of Rainbow Dash. It makes for better use of the facilities given to us.”

“That’s…actually pretty radical,” said the hippie with a grin.

“You would be surprised to hear that ponies from a ‘higher society’ call this form of living peasant-like and unworthy of praise,” stated Rarity.

Essentia sighed. “Unfortunately, that actually doesn’t surprise me. Canterlot ponies are especially notorious for placing themselves on pedestals and being condescending on anything that is not fashionable to them.”

“I jus’ think it makes sense,” said Applejack.

“It absolutely makes sense, darling,” said Essentia. “It’s efficient in every sense of the word, and there’s no need for any unnecessary buildings otherwise.”

“That’s the idea!” declared Pinkie cordially.

“Speaking of buildings, is there a hotel I might be able to stay at while I’m here?”

“Oh, we wouldn’t dream of making you live inside an inn,” said Rarity. “I would not mind having you as company in my own home.”

“Please, darling, I couldn’t possibly—.”

“Yeah, you could stay at my place in Cloudsdale, too, if you wanted!” said Rainbow Dash. “You’d be awesome to have around as a roommate.”

“We could always use a little extra help at the farm,” said Applejack.

Essentia was taken aback at the hospitality of all these ponies. She looked at all of them individually and contemplated what they said as they all offered a place for her to stay. The priestess deliberated all of it before nodding.

“I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to stay with one of you, but how do I choose?”

“OOOOH!” shouted Pinkie suddenly, and she trotted in place. “I just got the most amazingest most awesomest idea EVER!”

“And what would that be, darling?”

“Why don’t you just take turns staying in each of our houses each night until you find the one you’d like to stay at? It’d sorta be like a shifting slumber party, and you could meet all of us again and get to know us more and have fun and PARTY!” She exploded with happiness, and Essentia just blinked.

“That’s actually not a bad idea. Of course, if you all aren’t opposed to it, I mean.”

“I rather like that idea,” said Rarity. “It would help for us to better know you personally, too. Are there any objections to this?”

The six of them all shook their heads, and Essentia grinned.

“Well then, I suppose we’re having a shifting slumber party.”