• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 14,140 Views, 507 Comments

A shell, a spell, and...wait, what the..?? - MrWriterWriter



An impatient and lonely Celestia + a dragon's egg =

  • ...
28
 507
 14,140

Mini-Chapter: Lullabye Aftermath

Mortified, scandalized, even a little embarrassed; that's pretty much how Twilight Sparkle felt after seeing what her mom had procured after she woke up, "Mooooom..! I can't believe you...if somepony had...why??"

"But Honey, you looked so adorable like that!" Twilight Velvet giggled.

"What if Spike had seen that??" She whispered as loudly as she could, which in hindsight was kinda unnecessary, since they were all back home.

The source of her distress? A photo Velvet had taken of her and Spike while they were on the library couch. In it, Twilight was sound asleep, curled up against Spike, her head tucked up by his shoulder and her hand clutching his shirt. He was sitting cross-legged with an arm around her, asleep as well with a faintly visible smile on his face.

Velvet 'awww'ed as she looked at the photo again, "He was still awake when your father and I finally got there. He just looked at us and just gave a shush gesture, mouthing that you were asleep before nodding off himself. It took Night Light a few tries to pick you up since you'd let out this cute little whine and hold on to him tighter." She giggled again and sighed, "Ah, I still remember my first crush..."

"Mother..!" Twilight yelped, blushing hotly, "He was just...!"

"Sky High was his name." She continued, ignoring the protest, "He was a Pegasus colt in my math class. Every time he looked my way, I felt myself go weak in the knees.."

"It was the thunder...!"

"What's this about Twilight and weak in the knees?" Night Light spoke up as he came into the room in time to hear that, Overprotective Father Mode already starting to activate, "Who, pray tell, is the punk that thinks he can take my daughter?"

"Spike, Dear. As in Princess Celestia's son, remember?" Velvet held the picture up.

Pause. Overprotective Father Mode went into immediate Emergency Shutdown, "And a fine young stallion he is."

"I can't BELIEVE you!" Twilight began to rant, grabbing the photo from her mom, "You both know how I am about thunderstorms! He was just helping me calm down and I fell asleep, that's ALL! We. Are. Just. Friends!" With that, she turned on her hoof and stormed off to her room.

Velvet and Night Light simply watched until she was out of sight and he spoke up, "Does she know she's still holding the picture?"

Author's Note:

Still working on the real chapter, so me and DragonPony thought this up to help tide you all over until it's done.