• Published 20th Jun 2014
  • 779 Views, 6 Comments

What Happens Offscreen - Timelord12



A short story on what happens when the cameras stop rolling for My Little Pony

  • ...
4
 6
 779

Chapter 1

"Ch-click!" The camera flashes, instantly creating a picture of the assembled Bearers. "Okay, and finish recording in: 3...2...1... Alright folks, I do believe we are at a wrap for Season Four." Said the director, "Someone call lunch! I'll be in the Screening Room." At this, the camera crew packed up their cameras, said their goodbyes, and promptly left to do what camera people do in their free time, probably taking pictures at weddings or of babies. The Bearers, Celestia, Luna, and Discord were the only ones left on the Crystal Castle set.

"Cain ah drop the ridiculous acksent now?" asked Applejack, to no-one in particular.

"Yes, I do believe they called wrap." answered Rarity.

"Wonderful, I was getting tired of sounding like a farmer from the Wild West." Explained a relieved Applejack, speaking in a more Midwestern tone.

"Well girls, another season down, although I heard they are renewing for a Season 5." Commented Twilight, "At least we still have fans." The assembled main cast began to walk out of the set doors and gradually dispersed, going back to their trailers/shared trailers in Twilight and Discord's case, as they had married after Keep Calm and Flutter On, having known each other for a year. The wedding was a small affair, just the Mane Six, Celestia, Luna, and Lauren Faust and the original crew. Twilight, Luna, and Celestia went to the director's trailer to ask about Season 5, while the rest of the girls, Spike, and Discord went to lunch.

"So," asked Applejack, "What did you think of the finale?"

"I think it went absolutely fine, darling." Answered Rarity in her upperclass British accent.

"No, I mean; what does this Crystal Friendship Castle mean for us?" Everyone could hear the capital letters in her voice.

"None of us knows, AJ, that's why Twilight went with the other princesses to ask." Replied Rainbow Dash. She waved a server over and ordered seven sodas; five root beers, a Dr Pepper, and a club soda with vodka for Discord. As they all nursed their respective drinks, Pinkie threw out a query that left all of them pondering.

"What if we fail at this crystally friendshippy counselling business?" No-one had an answer for her. They spent the rest of their time in silence, Discord paid the tab, and they left the restaurant. In an unspoken agreement, they began to walk towards where the directors and princesses were. About halfway there, however, they were met by the aforementioned Princesses.

"What is gonna happen next year?" asked Rainbow.

"We've been renewed!" Twilight answered, joy evident in her tone.

"That's wonderful, dear, but what is in store for us next year?" Discord questioned.

"Oh, now THAT I have no idea." replied Twilight.

"Well, at least we were renewed." commented Fluttershy. At this, the cast all nodded in agreement.

"So...now what?" queried Applejack, "I mean, we can't just sit on our flanks and wait, can we?" They all sat and digested that piece of information.

"We could take self-defense against apples courses." Pinkie ventured.

"Nah, too expensive." countered Rainbow.

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't" Pinkie rang a bell, "Thank you for your payment, have a good day." Just then, Celestia piped up with,

"Would anypony like pomegranates?" to which she got a resounding "No." and one "Yes" from Time Turner, who she then gave a pomegranate to. With nothing else to do, they went their separate ways.
---A few hours later---
The cast met up at Triple Crown Chinese Restaurant and Bar to talk shop on the next few days. As it turned out, Pinkie was going to a baking convention with the Cakes, Applejack was going to Chicago for a while to check up on someone called Ginny, Twilight and Discord were going to Lombard for a Doctor Who convention, both of them being huge fans of the show, and Rarity was going to London for a fashion show. the rest of them were staying in Vancouver. With that worked out, they began to eat their food. The next few hours passed by with no real incidence, and after they had finished their meals, they paid for them, left the building, and went home to their trailers to pack for the upcoming trips that almost half of them were going on. In all of the trailers, though, interesting things were happening, for instance, Twilight and Discord were having a heated argument over whether cotton candy or vanilla ice cream would fit in a suitcase, Fluttershy was writing a novella, Rainbow was flying around balancing pots and pans and dishes on her body, Applejack was reading up on places to go in The Second City, Celestia was trying to teleport away a giant pink fuzzy walrus that had just materialized in her shower cubicle, Luna was planning a water balloon fight, Pinkie was...being Pinkie, and Rarity was trying to coax her cat out of the ventillation shaft. Eventually they gave up (particularly Discord after Twilight unpacked and repacked everything for the umpteenth time) and went to bed. Not everyone could go to sleep, though. Twilight was tossing and turning in her bed, and soon woke up Discord. Eventually, after a long talk, they both calmed down and went back to sleep.
------the next day-----
"This is the first call for the 10:30 nonstop to Chicago." called the ticket clerk, "Now boarding first class." Applejack, Twilight, and Discord made their way to the front of the lines, tickets at ready, when someone shouted, "TWILIGHT!!!!!!"

Author's Note:

From now until I finish this particular arc, there will be split perspectives.

Comments ( 6 )

I think you have won the internet. Expect your 1000 virgin sacrifice in 3-5 business days.
Be careful, one of them is a bitey mad lady.

Dammit, I thought I was the first to come up with this idea. Guess I was wrong. Oh well... *scraps 7,000 word draft with heavy heart*
Oh, and the Comedy and Random tags should be here.

Discord likes Doctor Who? Well then. We will both get along just nicely. Perfectly. Almost in Harmony. If somebody goes to a doctor who convention with a discord cosplay, I will literally hang out with them the rest of the con. No kidding. Even tho I would be in a rose Tyler cosplay... Pffff it makes sense when Discords around.

4573598
Yes, and Twilight got him into it. I might expand on that at a later date, seems like a good story. For now though, I'm gonna focus my energy on this one.

4573130
Actually, I got the idea from a story about the characters having to redo episodes as The Hub demands. No idea what it's called, and I probably won't be able to find it again.

4573130
I had this idea also. I was working on the main plot. Dont scrap yours, keep writing.

Login or register to comment