• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 484 Views, 7 Comments

Secure Contain Protect: Changeling Breach - Dragomeere



Luna Is head of the SCP Facility, she finds that a certain being needs containment and sends a small squadron to retrieve it. Things go smoothly, for a while.

  • ...
 7
 484

A Mission

“You summoned me your highness?” Kratos said as he walked toward the Princess of the Night

“I did, I assume you already know of Queen Chrysalis and her banishment.”

“Yes ma’am, she was banished to the Badlands far beyond the boundaries of Equestria.”

“Indeed, now, do you know why I have called you here?”

“I do not know ma’am.”

“First, you can withhold the formalities. I am your ruler yes, but I prefer not to let a title remind you of that. I can easily remind you if need be.” Luna gave Kratos a blank stare, he couldn’t tell what the lunar princess was thinking, her stare sent a shiver up his spine but his face remained a cool slab of stone, “Second, I have summoned you before me due to the aforementioned incident.” Luna stared at the ground for a moment before she spoke again, “Something has been brought to my attention that I have neglected to take action against until now.” Luna looked up once more and locked her eyes on Kratos, “Let me make myself very clear before I say any more. You are to carry out a mission with four others in utmost secrecy, you are not to tell them what you are doing or where you are going until you are far beyond the ears of the citizens of Canterlot. My sister and I are the only ones who know of this as of right now and I plan to keep it that way. Can you handle that General?”

Kratos kneeled on his front hooves, his bat-like thestral wings outstretched, “I am here to serve you Princess Luna.”

Luna gave a small satisfied smirk, “Very well. Yenma, Shakene! Seal yourselves from this room and deny all access until further notice.”

“Yes Princess Luna!” The two guards replied in unison as they shut the doors behind them, the unicorn locked the door with her magic.



In the corner of the cafeteria two thestrals were chatting away their break. One was significantly larger than the other and was listening to the smaller one talk, his badges read Second Lieutenant Hades. The smaller one was gesticulating a lot and really heated about the subject at hand, his badges read Corporal Athos.

“Have you seen the new female First Lieutenant yet?” Athos said enthusiastically.

“I haven’t, how does she look?” Hades said his eyes lighting up.

“I’d give her an 8 out of 10.”

Hades whistled, “Why so high?”

Athos threw his hooves in the air, “She’s drop dead sexy and hot as Tartarus that’s why!”

Hades smirked starting his attack on Athos, “She must have quite the flank.”

“Oh yeah.” Athos had stars in his eyes, he fell for the bait.

“Typical Athos, rating mares by their flank.”

“It’s not just the flank Hades,” Athos said wrapping his hoof around Hades’ back, “Her fangs are just… Unf!”

“Looks like somepony’s been bitten by the love pony.”

“What, no!” Athos said taking his hoof off Hades.

“Admit it, she turns you on Athos,” Hades said with a smirk, Athos really was too easy to tease.

“Does not.” Athos said looking away from Hades.

“Well I guess she’s fair game then, huh?”

“No!”

“See, I told you. You’ve got a thing for her Athos.” Athos sat down in frustration and began turning red, Hades could see he was really starting to get on Athos nerves and decided enough is enough; after a few seconds of silence Hades spoke once more, “Ah Athos, you fall for it every time. Look, I’m sorry, but its just so fun to get you riled up.”

“You know I hate it when you do that.”

“But would I still be the same person if I didn’t do it?”

“I guess that’s true, you wouldn’t be the same.” Athos laughs and extends his hoof to Hades.

Hades bumped his hoof against Athos’, “How about we go get something to eat? I’m starving.”

Just as the thestrals were about to get in the food line Kratos stoped their advance, “Athos, Hades, I need to talk to you two for a second.” The two stood at attention, “At ease.” Kratos watched their hooves make contact with the ground before continuing, “You two have been assigned to my squadron by Princess Luna, be at the top of tower B in 20 minutes and await further objective.”

Athos and Hades stood at attention as the General walked away, Hades was the first to drop his stance. “Looks like we’ve got ourselves an assignment eh Athos?”

“Yeah, but I’m starving.”

“We better make quick with eating then. Tower B is on the other side of the castle.”

“Let’s go then.”

“I’m already goin’, you’re the one wasting time.”

“Hey, get back here!”

Kratos rounded the corner and couldn’t hear the two’s conversation any longer, “Those two act like little foals sometimes.” Kratos smiled to himself, it wasn’t often he had moments like this. He loved walking around the castle but there were usually others around to break his concentration. Now however, not a soul, the General was left alone with his thoughts. Sheer bliss washed over the General as he walked through intricate labyrinths of the castle. Most ponies get lost the first few months after induction into the military, but Kratos had the castle’s passages down pat after two weeks.

As a colt Kratos enjoyed long walks with his father, Iron Wing, he would tell him war stories of his own time in the military. Stories of his triumphs, his losses, the things he experienced while deployed, everything. They would walk after dinner until the sun began to rise and sometimes longer than that. Being a thestral they had a sleep schedule opposite that of a regular pony which made it a rare occurrence to encounter ponies during their walks and it gave them outstanding nightvision. There were still bad ponies out at night though, they would occasionally cross paths with a night owl and more often than not a gang or two hidden in an alley. But they never bothered Kratos, his father would protect him and he knew it. He even proved it one night when a gang of three earth ponies thought it wise to take on a military veteran. One of them grabbed Kratos and the other two tried to hold Iron Wing, tried. He broke free of their hold almost immediately and knocked down the goon holding Kratos with a swift hoof to the face. Iron Wing grabbed Kratos and flew away before they had another chance to attack. Kratos let Iron Wing carry him until he recovered from the shock. About halfway back home Kratos began flying on his own again and thanked his father for saving him.

“When I swore my allegiance to the Princess my oath was an eternal one, It’s my duty to protect this land and all of it’s people and I refuse to let a simple injury stop me.”

Iron Wing’s last mission was to recover Princess Luna’s right hand mare, Silver Quill. Everything went well up until one of the men on his squad tripped and woke up a guard. They were nearing the exit as the guard ran up behind them. One of the cadets jumped through the window followed by Silver and another cadet. Iron Wing was the last one inside and he took flight in attempt to outrun the pony nearing him from behind. Right as he reached the window he heard the sound of something whizzing past him. The pony had begun throwing knives at him, he turned back to see if the pony had keep up the chase. While the pony had not continued chasing them he had continued throwing blades, as Iron Wing turned his head back towards his squadron a blade managed to make a cut across his face and left eye. He found his squadron and lead them back to Canterlot refusing to stop and receive medical attention until they returned Silver Quill to safety. Upon his return to Canterlot he insisted upon personally taking Silver Quill to Luna who then forced him to get his wound taken care of. A couple of hours later he found out he would live the rest of his life with sight in only one eye effectively ending his role as Brigadier General.

Kratos snapped out of his flashback as he nearly collided with another pony. He was a small thestral about half his size and a very scrawny frame. Just the pony he was looking for.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kratos Sir.” The pony was holding a bucket of water that he nearly threw on the General.

“At ease Private Carl, Princess Luna has assigned you to my squadron and I need you to meet me at the top of tower B in 20 minutes. I expect to see you there.”

“Yes sir!” Carl saluted Kratos as he walked away dropping his bucket of water on the floor, “Fiddlesticks!”

Kratos still had one last team member to procure before he could set the plan in motion. Due to her loud and distinct voice it wasn’t long before he found her. Kratos walked into the training room as silently as he could, he saw the trainees being pushed to their limits doing push-ups or wing-ups if they had wings, looks of exhaustion on their faces. He crept along silently but was still noticed almost instantly by the thestral mare whose back was facing him.

“There’s a General in our presence maggots, are you going to salute him or not!” She yelled.

“Sir!” The trainees greeted him with a salute that shook the ground.

“At ease maggots!”

“You’re on your toes Lieutenant.”

“As always General.”

“I see they left you in charge of training today Philomel. Your doing well.”

“I plan on keeping it that way General, surely you didn’t come all the way down here just for this. What’s on your mind?”

“Sharp as ever, I see why you’ve been promoted so quickly. Princess Luna has ordered me to lead a squadron of four on a top priority mission alongside Hades, Athos, and Carl.”

“Carl?”

“My sentiments exactly. Princess Luna has her reasons, I don’t question her judgement.”

“Well this ought to be interesting. What are we up to?”

“Unfortunately I cannot reveal that to you just yet. Meet me at the top of tower B in 20 minutes. I have some last minute things to attend to before we depart.”

“I’ll see you there General.” She said giving a salute of her own. Dropping her salute she turned to the trainees scattered across the room, “luck has shined on you today boys, looks like I’ve got something I have to take care of, but don’t get excited, you’ll be paying it back when I return.” She then left the room flying to her destination, the top of tower B.



“I wonder who else was assigned to our team.” Athos said looking at the vaulted ceiling as he walked.

“Well, there’s only about a thousand of us so chances are good we know exactly who’s on the team right?” Hades said in the most sarcastic voice he could muster.

“Haha.” Athos said mockingly.

Athos and Hades walked in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes before they crossed paths with anypony. Carl rounded a corner and saw the two walking down the long path to tower B. He sprinted a couple of meters before catching up to them.

“Wait!” He yelled sounding exhausted.

“What’s Carl doing here?” Hades said to Athos who replied with a shrug.

“Are you guys *huff* on your way *huff* to tower B *huff* too?”

“Yeah, shouldn’t you have cleaning supplies or something?” Athos said.

“Why would I? I’m on the team.”

“You got assigned to Kratos’ team?” Athos mocked.

“Yep!” Carl said beaming.

“The team with strict instructions to get to tower B ASAP?” Hades asked.

“I know what you guys are thinking, “oh Carl, you’re so useless, why are you even here.” But Princess Luna handpicked me for a reason, besides, I’m good at stuff just like you guys.”

“Good, yeah, you’re good alright. good at crying for twenty minutes after stubbing your hoof!” Athos Jeered.

“Hey! That’s not true, it was only eighteen and a half minutes and you know it!”

“Psh. Need I remind you who’s been at the bottom of the physical fitness chart?”

“I can’t help it I’m so small.”

“Do you even lift bro?”

“Knock it off you two!”

“We were just joking with him Lieutenant.”

“We? I haven’t said anything to him.”

“Drowning someone in negativity and taunting them is uncalled for, you’re a Corporal, and unless you want it to stay that way you’ll get it together and take things seriously.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“As for you Hades, you did nothing to stop Athos from verbally assaulting Carl therefore you are guilty as well. You’re second Lieutenant, it’s time you start acting it.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Thank you Philomel!” Carl moved to embrace her.

“Don’t touch me.” She said with a voice dripping in venom, she hated when people touched her.

“S-s-s-orry, Ma’am”

“Get it together, I expect to arrive at the tower without further issues.”

Philomel turns around and continues walking, past the others, onward to the tower, the three followed a couple of feet behind her. Hades muttered something under his breath he thought only he would hear.

“If you think I’m rude now just wait till I get you for training day.” Philomel said threatening the second Lieutenant.

Hades inhaled to retaliate but sighed when he saw Athos and Carl’s faces. For the sake of the other two he kept his mouth shut for the remainder of the walk. Upon arrival at the top of tower B they dispersed to the edges of the room, Athos and Hades leaned on a stack of nearby crates and began conversing quietly, Philomel stood near the door rigid as ever, Carl picked the farthest point from them all and sat silent.

A couple minutes went by before Carl noticed how dark it was getting outside. He found it odd, most missions were assigned before dark, even for the thestral division. Only incredibly urgent missions deployed at night, and even then only the highest ranking officers were put on the team. Why would I be put on this team, I’m only an E - One, he thought to himself.

Carl’s thoughts were cut short by Kratos walking in the door, “So general, care to inform us of what we’re doing yet? I don’t like being withheld information about what I’m doing.” Athos said.

Kratos held his hoof up to his mouth signaling the others to be silent, he pointed towards the window and signaled them to follow him. Kratos flew out the window without making a sound and stopped, looking back to make sure the rest of his squadron was following suit. Once he saw they were all following he turned back around and began flying again. He flew at a distance from the others so they wouldn’t be urged to ask him questions. Once they reached the shield protecting the city two alicorns opened a hole for them to get through, he saluted them as his team flew through the gap and was the last one out.

Kratos motioned for his team to follow him, they obeyed and silently flew behind him. He knew they would ask again soon but kept on flying silently. Kratos enjoyed a few more minutes of somewhat peaceful flying before Hades broke the silence.

“So, can we know what we’re doing now, were far enough from the city, I don’t think anyone will hear.”

Kratos sighed and closed his eyes tight in frustration, he pointed to a cave and flew down to it. He landed outside the cave and heard the echo of his hoofsteps joined one by one by the others hoofsteps. He walked a couple of feet into the cave and stood in the middle of the twisting path etched by natures forces.

“So…” Hades said, somewhat confused by the Generals’ odd behavior.

“Take a seat, this is going to take a minute.” He said still looking further into the cave.

“All we have is time.”

Comments ( 7 )

This is a good start to your story! I can't wait to see what happens in the next few upcoming chapters. Especially when we get into the SCP stuff. Keep up the good work! :rainbowdetermined2:

4289997 Thanks! I have a fair amount of it planned out in my head, it's just a matter of typing it up now :pinkiehappy:

I like the build up in this.:trixieshiftleft:
I wonder what Carl's role is in this plan.:trixieshiftright:

4293356 Glad to hear you like it. :twilightsmile: And don't worry, we'll hear from Carl later on :pinkiehappy:

A good start, but it seems to be a dead fic, sadly.:fluttercry:

7811208 For now unfortunately, I only really have enough time to come on here and reply to comments anymore with my crazy work schedule alongside school and a few other things. All my writing has stopped for now but I do have plans to come back to this. I actually have about 20 pages written out across about 5 notebooks and notepads. But its a scattered mess of notes really and very jumbled. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the story so far though :yay:

In the mysterious realm of Secure, Contain, Protect (SCP), a fictional organization dedicated to managing anomalous entities, a notable event has transpired—the Changeling Breach. This intriguing development involves the escape or manifestation of entities known as changelings, beings with the ability to alter their appearance. As the SCP Foundation grapples with containing these anomalous entities, the situation unfolds as a significant breach, requiring specialized containment protocols. Meanwhile, for those intrigued by mystical symbolism and synchronicity, the mention of the Angel Number 21:21, a sequence believed to hold spiritual significance, adds an extra layer of mystique to the SCP narrative. Platforms like Newspodia might delve into the fictional and the metaphysical, offering diverse perspectives and insights into both captivating narratives and symbolic phenomena like Angel Numbers.

Login or register to comment