• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 809 Views, 4 Comments

Nights Rise and Fall - Samsam1155



An unexpected event leaves Twilight pony-napped and Celestia distraught.

  • ...
 4
 809

The Rise Part 1

"Do you really have to go all by yourself?" Pinkie Pie asked. Twilight began to reread the letter she had received a few moments prior.

Pinkie had been in the library with her at the time of the letters arrival. She had been searching for a recipe book to try out something new. Spike was at Dodge Junction with Rarity looking for some rare gems, so it was no surprise when a letter from Princess Celestia was delivered by hoof. Twi had thanked the ditzy mailmare with a muffin.

“Princess Celestia said she needs me for a special mission, but I have to go alone.”

“What kind of special mission?”

“It says here that Princess Celestia wants me to speak with some delegates from Saddle Arabia to discuss trade routes, and wants me there ASAP. I suppose since I'm a princess now I will have to get used to stuff like this.”

“Oooh that sounds so exciting!”

“I suppose. It’s just, I'm not used to the whole princess thing. Princess Celestia probably thinks it will get me more used to the idea.”

“Well, I'm rooting for you!”

“Thanks Pinkie. I guess I will have to go now, I hope that Princess Celestia can give me a rundown of what I'm supposed to do. Pinkie, could you tell Spike and the girls where I am? I don’t want them to worry.”

“Of course! See ya Twi!”

“Wait, Pinkie?” Twilight said suddenly.

“Yes?”

“Do you think I could be a good princess?” Pinkies expression went from joy to worry.

“Of course, why do you ask?”

“I have a confession. Truth be told I am terrified at the fact i may be ruling my own place someday. What if i'm not good enough? What if-”

“Twilight, if you make an excellent friend, you will make an even better princess. Now go and negotiate those trade routes! ”

“Thank you Pinkie.” Twilight said, pulling her friend into a hug. “With my friends by my side, I will never be alone. I must go now.”

“Bye!!!”

--------------------------

The meeting had run longer than expected, so Celestia had offered for Twilight to spend the night, and she gladly obliged. The meeting was very hard on Twilight, even though she knew the basics of the trade routes. She had no idea they were complicated. She wished she had more time to study them. She was lucky the foreigners were patient with her. Celestia had to correct her on many things and it left her nervous and wary of the continuation of the meeting on the morrow.

“I will just have to study them tonight.” Twilight told herself. A knock on the door, told her otherwise.

“For Princess Twilight.” A bat-like guard was at her door, requesting to deliver a letter. Although it was late at night, she had been up studying, so the announcement didn't disturb her too much. When she took the letter, the guard left just as quickly as he came. Twilight couldn't help but feel nervous, there had been a glint of something in his eyes and it had put her on edge. She read the letter, and the sneaking feeling grew. It was written by Princess Luna, saying she needed to meet with her urgently in the west ballroom.

---------------------------------------

Twilight knew the castle well, and found it odd that Luna would want a meeting with her in an abandoned ballroom. It had been condemned when it was said to have a bad base of support. Twilight noticed the extreme lack of guards in the hallways and corridors, and became suspicious. What was going on? After a few minutes more of walking, Twilight got to where she needed to be, faced the double doors, took a deep breath, and stepped in. The moment she entered, the door slammed shut, startling Twilight. She then noticed Luna a few steps ahead of her, faced the other way.

“Luna, why did you call me here? I don’t understand. What’s going on?”

After a bit of silence, Luna finally spoke.

“It’s funny, how gullible you ponies are nowadays.” She said coldly. Before Twilight could inquire about that remark, Luna whirled around, eyes glowing and fired her magic in Twilight's direction, missing her mark, but effective nonetheless.

“Luna wha-” Twilight jumped to the side reflexively as she saw Luna rise to the air and launch another blast of magic at her.

“Surprised Twilight Sparkle?” Luna remarked savagely, sending more blasts Twilight's way. Twilight sent a bolt of magic in self defense, hitting Luna squarely in the chest. Luna, who was caught off guard by the attack, fell to the ground. Flying over, Twilight went to make sure Luna was for the most part unhurt, as she did not want to fully injure her. Just as she approached though, Luna sent a shockwave of energy, sending Twilight against an opposite wall, knocking the wind out of her. Luna's eyes continued to glow as she took to the air, this time with a black aura surrounding her, spinning. It overtook her, then glowed brightly. Twilight could only watch in horror as Luna once again became Nightmare Moon. Only this time, it wasn't a flashback.

Author's Note:

Well, i want to thank my wonderful pre-readers and editors for helping me push this chapter out and their never ending patience with me when it came to writers block XD Hope you all enjoyed this chapter:) feel free to give constructive critisism ;)

Comments ( 3 )

I liked it. I truly did.
Now I'm waiting for the rest of it.

4290503
Thanks for the feedback ;):heart::heart::heart:

Login or register to comment