• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 1,002 Views, 10 Comments

Safe - Princess_Celest1a



This is going to become a Twilestia shipfic, but it is much more than that. This is about the princesses and the Mane Six's battle against a being called Zarta.

  • ...
5
 10
 1,002

Rarity

The next morning, Twilight woke up to a beautiful sunrise. You could see it perfectly from the cave entrance. “It’s so pretty.” murmured Twilight.
“Indeed it is, my faithful student.” said Celestia softly. Twilight jumped.
“O-oh, Princess! I hadn’t realized you were awake yet!” said a shocked Twilight. It was then she realized, to her embarrassment, that she was curled up to Celestia’s side, and their tails were entwined. Twilight blushed and scooted away. Celestia laughed.
“No need to fret, Twilight.” said Celestia kindly, “It was comforting to have you there for me last night.” Celestia gave Twilight’s cheek a nuzzle.
“Well, I’m just glad you’re feeling better!” said the purple Alicorn happily.
“As am I.” said Celestia. Suddenly, Twilight stood up.
“Oh no!” she said, “I left Luna and everypony else behind! What if Zarta has caught them?” Celestia became serious.
“Then we’d better get a move on. I wasn’t able to help Sapphire, but there is no way I am letting Zarta take away anypony else!” said Celestia.

Celestia and Twilight landed a few kilometers away from the cave. They had been following the tendrils, and now Celestia had suddenly chosen to land. The white Alicorn bent down close to the ground, as if searching for something.
“Aha!” she said triumphantly, “I can see their hoof prints!”
“Good job, Princess!” said Twilight enthusiastically. They followed the hoof prints for a couple for kilometers. The tendrils were now so large they couldn’t see the top.
“I-I think we’re getting close.” said Twilight nervously. A piercing scream was her answer. It came from directly in front of her.
“This way.” said Celestia. She started galloping off in the direction of the noise. Twilight quickly followed. Celestia stopped, breathing hard. In front of them, finally, was Zarta.

“It looks exactly like you described it!” said a frightened Twilight.
“No.” said Celestia, “It has grown bigger.” As Twilight looked closer, she saw that Zarta had 6 tendrils coming out of its core. At the end of each tendril was one of her friends.
“Princess! Everypony is trapped inside Zarta!” said Twilight urgently.
“I know.” whispered Celestia.
“Do you know a spell that could help?” said Twilight, “I know you were defeated before, but have you figured out a solution in the time between the last attack?” Celestia gazed at Twilight.
“I have researched, of course, and I think I may have found an answer. The success, Twilight, relies on you.”
“What do I have to do?” said Twilight worryingly.
“I can get you inside the pods, but you are the one who has to break them free, not physically, but emotionally.” said Celestia seriously.
“Cast the spell, Princess.” said Twilight certainly, “I’ll do anything to get my friends back.”

“Stand back.” said Celestia. Twilight stepped backwards as Celestia crouched down, her horn facing Zarta. The white Alicorn screwed up her face in concentration as her horn started to glow. The light grew brighter and brighter until her eyes turned white with magic. “Now!” yelled Celestia, and there was a huge flash. Twilight braced herself and felt the oncoming rush of the spell. Twilight felt her body being ripped from the ground.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Twilight found herself back in a place that looked like Ponyville.
“I must be inside one of the pods,” thought Twilight, “I wonder whose it is?” Her ears were hit with the sound of heavy sobbing. Twilight immediately followed the sound, and stopped in front of Rarity’s boutique. Sitting in front of the door was a bawling Rarity.
“No one cares…” Rarity murmured between sobs, “I’ll never be successful now, I’m a laughing stock…” the Unicorn started to cry even harder.
“Rarity, what’s wrong?” said Twilight, quickly running up to her. Twilight noticed that Rarity’s normally impeccably quaffed mane was in a mess, and her face was covered with makeup washed away by tears.
“You!” said Rarity harshly, quickly jumping to her hooves, “What do you care? Nopony cares. M-my life is r-ruined.” Rarity broke down into tears once more.
“Of course I care!” said a shocked Princess, “I’m your friend!”

“Friendship!” said Rarity derisively, “Friendship won’t fix my reputation, FRIENDSHIP won’t make all my dreams come true!” The Unicorn looked away sadly, “I was so close, too.”
“I don’t know what’s going on, but how about we talk inside your boutique?” said Twilight.
“Fine.” said Rarity, wiping away her tears. She followed Twilight inside her workplace. They both sat around Rarity’s dining table, Rarity still sobbing.
“What happened, Rarity?” said Twilight with concern.
“I’ve been stripped of all my reputation! I will never be friends with high class stallions like Fancy Pants or Hoity Toity, or anyone in Canterlot for that matter!” said Rarity, obviously in distress.”
“I’m sure it’s not that bad,” said Twilight, “everyone in Canterlot adores you! Anyway, tell me your story from the beginning.”
“It is that bad.” said Rarity firmly. The designer looked dramatically off into the distance, and started her story.

“It started a few days ago, when I was working on a new collection. I hadn’t told anypony yet, but it had been commissioned by Fancy Pants himself! I worked nonstop for days, until I had finally finished the line. I took the train to Canterlot and had the dresses shipped separately, and the next day the dresses arrived just in time. I went to Fancy Pant’s studio to show him the dresses, but when I unveiled them, I discovered (to my horror) that they were the wrong ones! Fancy Pants was shocked, even disgusted! I’m a l-laughing stock!”

Twilight was relieved that this was Rarity’s only problem, but also surprised that this was what the pod was torturing Rarity with.
“Rarity, I know that you must be sad that that happened, but that’s only part of your life. You have all your friends in Ponyville, and you are still respected by everyone here! And I’m sure that if you just talked to Fancy Pants he would understand. Rarity smiled through her tears.
“You’re right, of course, Twilight.” said Rarity, “I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t shown up. These past few days…” Rarity gave Twilight a hug, and there was a flash of light.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Twilight stood up from the damp ground. She looked up and saw she was once again facing Zarta. Celestia looked at her with concern. She was confused for a second; she had almost forgot that Rarity’s situation was not real.
“You have succeeded!” said a beaming Celestia. Twilight looked over and saw Rarity picking herself off of the ground. Twilight leaned towards the Princess.
“Just between you and me, I was surprised at the simplicity of Rarity’s predicament. I thought it would be something much worse.” Celestia smiled at Twilight.
“Although she doesn’t act like it, Rarity still has a very young mind. She had a lot of ambition, and minimal responsibility. Even though to you and me her situation wasn’t that bad, to her it was one of the worst things that could ever happen.” Celestia explained.

“I just hope the others are that easy.” said Twilight. Celestia sighed.
“Unfortunately for you, your other friends don’t have the luxury of an easy life.” Twilight stood up straight.
“It doesn’t matter.” she said firmly, “They’re my friends, and I’ll do whatever I have to to help them.”

Author's Note:

Well, at least this update was quicker than last time. Honestly, I'm not sure how good this chapter was...
*Apologizes to Rarity for making her childish* sorry it had to be one of you.
I'd like to sincerely thank all the people who have liked, commented on, or favorited this story, and a huge shout out to those who have watched me. You guys are my inspiration, and it make me really happy to see that people like the story.
THANK YOU!!!

Comments ( 4 )

Loved it! Can you do flutter shy next if not that's fine with me but just a suggestion

4521013 that's what I'm doing! What a coincidence :P

I really enjoyed this story i hope to read more soon

Login or register to comment