• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 799 Views, 4 Comments

Revenge of the Cyberponies - smith6399



The Doctor, along with his companion, Rainbow Dash, fight the evil Cyberponies to save Equestria

  • ...
5
 4
 799

The Gala

Rainbow Dash awoke late one Friday morning, the birds were chirping the sky was pretty much clear of clouds. ‘There’s only one thing missing,’ thought Rainbow Dash, ‘me.’ And with that she took to the skies with a slightly shaky start, but after a while got herself under control. Rainbow Dash flew up until she could hardly breathe and turned into a nosedive. She zoomed towards the ground near her top speed. Her eyes were stinging from the force of the air; tears were streaking past her face. At the last second Rainbow Dash pulled up hurtling through the air, her heart was beating a mile a minute. ‘I really should work on my takeoffs a bit more, but right now it’s time for work,’ thought Rainbow Dash as she flew through the air. Rainbow Dash’s job was to keep the weather on schedule so that Ponyville would be able to have good weather as often as possible. By scheduling rainy, snowy, or stormy days ponies can maximize sunny days. The first thing Rainbow Dash needed to do was check the weather schedule for today.

As she was on her way to City Hall, Rainbow Dash decided to drop by and chat with her friends for a minute or two before starting work. She flew in to the local diner and met up with Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy. “Hey Rainbow, I thought you had work today,” said Twilight. “I do, but I thought I’d just drop by and say hi,” replied Rainbow Dash, “Anything new?”
“Not really, but I may have overheard the Head Pegasus saying that if you were late to work one more time she was going to fire you.”
“Seriously! I better go, bye gals.”
“See ya, Rainbow.”
With that Rainbow Dash left the diner and zoomed off to check the weather schedule for today. The schedule called for sunny, which was good for Rainbow Dash since there were very few clouds. She got to work clearing them with powerful kicks and swift punches. After only an hour the sky was clear and Rainbow Dash settled down for a quick power nap.

Once she woke up, Rainbow Dash decided she would have a real conversation with her friends since this morning she had to leave practically right when she got there. She went over to Twilight’s place hoping that the others would be there and, luckily for her, they all were. “Sorry about this morning, gals, I just really wanted to keep my job,” Rainbow Dash began, “It’s really important to me.” “We understand, Rainbow,” the others all said in sync. “Rainbow, you simply must come to my boutique. I have an ensemble for the gala that’s just perfect for you,” Rarity stated amongst the chitchat. “Nah, dresses aren’t really my thing, Rarity, you know that.”
“Oh, come on, Rainbow, just this once. It’s way different than any of the others that I’ve made for you in the past.”
“No!”
“At least see it before you turn it down,” Rarity persisted. “Fine, I guess I can just take a quick look,” replied Rainbow Dash, defeated. “Great!” cheered Rarity. “Hey gals, I just can’t wait for the gala,” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, “I’ve heard some ponies say that it’s ‘the biggest, most fun party in all of Equestria! I can’t wait!” “Come on, Rainbow. It’s time to see your new ensemble,” said Rarity, poorly concealed excitement in her tone. “Okay,” replied Rainbow Dash.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash walked slowly back to the boutique. “Now, close your eyes until I say to open them,” Rarity prompted once they had gotten to the door of the boutique. They walked in and Rarity said, “Open your eyes.” Rainbow Dash opened her eyes slowly, dearly hoping that it wouldn’t be something too over the top. Right in front of her was a simple dress, nothing too frilly or girly. “I told you it was different. I was thinking about an ensemble that I had planned for you when I realized that you would refuse to wear it if it was girly, so I made you a simple, anti-frilly dress.” “Rarity, you went to the trouble of making a dress for me that would be more my style, I’ll wear your dress.”

Rainbow Dash put on the dress, and they walked back to Twilight’s house. While Rainbow Dash and Rarity were at the boutique, the other ponies had gotten dressed in fancy dresses of their own. “Alright, gals, is every pony ready for the gala?” Twilight asked. “Yeah, let’s go,” the others replied. The ponies filed out of the library and walked over to the train station and boarded a train heading to Canterlot.
Once they got there they walked straight to the ballroom and started partying. Pinkie Pie was eating cakes, Twilight was examining the magical floating light bulbs, Rarity was looking at all of the other dresses, Fluttershy was out in the garden watching the birds and other wildlife, and Applejack was trying to find potential partners for Sweet Apple Acres. Since Rainbow Dash isn’t a big fan of fancy parties, she decided to go outside for some fresh air and maybe talk to Fluttershy. She was looking for Fluttershy when she heard a metallic clanking; she whirled around and saw the most frightening thing she had ever seen. They looked just like ponies except that they were made completely of metal and made a whirring sound whenever they walked. Rainbow Dash took off and was about to fly as far away as she could when they shot her wing and sent her spiraling to the ground. Luckily for her, she wasn’t too far off the ground and the fall didn’t hurt her. Unluckily for her, they hit her with some sort of paralyzing dart and she couldn’t move her wing. They were coming towards her, chanting “delete, delete, delete.” All of a sudden, a pony in a tux burst out of the ballroom with some sort of device in his hands. It was a silvery metal cylinder with a blue light on the end. He pointed it at one of the metal ponies, and the robot was disabled. “Come with me if you want to live,” he said to Rainbow Dash. “Why should I?” she asked.
“Trust me, I’m The Doctor.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Authors Note: This is my first fanfic and there may be a few errors. I'm sorry that this chapter is so lacking in action; I wanted to set up the characters.

Comments ( 3 )

I liked it! :rainbowkiss: The Doctor needs to kept busy while I have the Master killing ponies on my own fic. Try to kept the body count at a minimum! Ponies have a disturbing tendency to die under the Doctor watch!

379106 Just like in any good episode of Doctor Who, someone or something has to die whether it is on his side or not.

When You watch the conversion in the Doctor who episode

Login or register to comment