• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,363 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,363

Arc 2: Chapter 9: Sacrifice

West Side of Manehattan

Jason, Rose, and Razor arrived at the meeting place. A spot north of where the Kraken appeared.

"What do we do? Fight it?" Twilight asked, keeping watch on the Kraken.

Jason paced back and forth. How were they supposed to fight it? It was huge! One tentacle alone was two buildings wide. Jason looked toward the Ocean. Perhaps going around behind it could work. But they needed a plan

"All right, I have a plan. it may sound crazy, but it's the only way." Jason announced to the group, he the turned around and started drawing in the sand.

"Rose, Rainbow, and Razor will attack it, keep is distracted. Rarity, Twilight and Applejack, get as many ponies as possible evacuated. Pinkie, head back to the hotel, get the Princess and the girls out. Fluttershy," Jason said, turning to the timid pony. "I need you with me, if you can't tame it, then I will deliver the last blow."

Fluttershy looked horrified at the thought of killing something, but nodded regardless.

"All right everybody, Let's take this Kraken down!" Jason called out, receiving a cheer from his friends.

Time to slay a Kraken.


The Doctor

The Doctor slowly stood up from the rubble. His coat, mane, and eyes were glowing gold. It was time.

"Well, that was fun while it lasted, hoped I could've stuck around a bit longer. And please let me be ginger!" The Doctor said to nothing in particular, stumbling onto the street. Derpy latched onto him, crying and saying she failed. The Doctor hugged her back telling her it was okay.

Suddenly, the TARDIS appeared in front of them. Seconds later, a door opens and a grey unicorn filly with yellow hair stuck her head out.

"Mom, what's happening to The Doctor?" The filly asked.

"He's changing, Dinky. Come, let's get back to the Hotel." Derpy answered. But even as she spoke, the Doctor had backed away.

"Well," he sighed, "You know what they say, Allons-y!" And the gold light suddenly burst.


Twilight

Twilight looked back on the battle. Rainbow and Razor fought in the air while Rose froze the ocean below.

She turned back to the sea of ponies ahead. They had to get out of the city.

But then she heard a voice she never thought she'd hear again.

"Twilight?!"

"Ditto?!"


Razor

Never before had he called a pony beautiful; but right now, the way Rainbow wove in and out of the tentacles, was the most beautiful thing Razor had ever seen.

He was so distracted that he almost crashed into a tentacle, only to have Rose slice it with her magic.

Shaking his head, Razor spun around and continued the distraction. What was Jason planning?


Jason

Jason weaved in and out of the tentacles behind the kraken, letting instinct guide him.

Latched to his back was Fluttershy, her face buried in his back. She slowly pulled away when Jason slowed down, and found herself on the Kraken's head.

"Fluttershy," Jason yelled, causing her to jump, "Find it's eye, talk to it. I'll keep you safe."

So Fluttershy searched, and found the creatures left eye. Gulping Fluttershy opened her mouth.

"Excuse me?" She asked quietly, "Excuse me?" Louder this time. Then she saw Rainbow collide with one of the tentacles. "I said, Excuse Me!" She yelled, getting the Kraken to pause. Now having it's attention, she gave it the Stare.

She didn't expect it to be returned. The Kraken was hurting, hungry, and mad. It was hurt from the many Tentacles Jason and Rose had sliced off. Hungry, for it had slept for two years. And mad that it's food was fleeing further inland.

Turning towards Jason, Fluttershy called, "Jason! It won't stop! It's too hungry!" A spark lit in Jason's eyes, and suddenly all was still.

"Fluttershy." Jason said, his voice piercing the silence, "We must part ways. The trial is sacrifice. The path I must now take is one I must go alone."

Fluttershy looked from Jason to the maw that was the Kraken's mouth. "No! There must be another way!"

Jason shook his head, "No, there is not. I must allow it to eat me. I must not fight it. Fluttershy, we'll meet again. Tell the others that we will speak in Canterlot." And with that, Jason jumped into the Kraken's mouth.

Fluttershy cried as the world sped up again. And continued to cry as the Kraken disappeared. She didn't stop crying when the cheering started, or when her friends gathered around her. She cried all the way to the Hotel. And cried until sleep claimed her.


Manehattan Hotel

The penthouse was quiet, everypony was waiting for Fluttershy to wake.

Suddenly, the TARDIS appeared in the penthouse, and out walked a white stallion with an orange-red mane.

"I'm telling you Derpy, I can't believe my luck!" The stallion said, "Ginger at last!"

"You've said that a hundred times Doctor." Derpy replied, stepping out of the TARDIS.

"Doctor?!" Everypony, (minus Celestia) exclaimed.

"Yep! The one and only. Sorry for not helping as much yesterday, got a new face an all." The Doctor replied, prancing merrily. "And Christmas came early, I'm a ginger!"

"At least you survived, Jason didn't." Fluttershy said, stepping out of her private room. "He told me we'd speak at Canterlot next."

"But there is still three more pieces! And what of that monster?" Razor asked, rage crossing his face.

"Jason said he would go alone from here. One piece is inside the Kraken, meaning, if it returns Jason won't." Fluttershy explained, sitting next to Rarity.

"But why Canter-" Twilight went to ask, only to be interrupted by a scroll to the face. Celestia picked it up with magic and read it aloud.


Dear Twilight,

We made it to Canterlot, and for a while we thought we were safe. Celestia is a fraud. Chrysalis has returned. Discord is keeping her distracted for now.

But everypony can see the smoke. It is coming closer. The Humans are marching.

Marching to Canterlot.

Marching to War.

Your Number one assistant, and friend,

Spike the Dragon


Manehattan Hotel

Celestia looked around, her ponies were crushed. But she wasn't. Time is of the essence.

"My little ponies," Celestia began, "I will write a letter to Spike and explain the situation. Doctor?" Celestia asked, looking over at the Doctor, who was still giggling 'ginger'.

"Yes?" The Doctor asked when he realized everypony was looking at him.

"Fire up the TARDIS, we have a kingdom to save."

The Doctor smiled as he cheered, "Geronimo!"


End Arc 2

Author's Note:

Welp, Arc 2 is over. And the end is near. Will Jason return, and will the Doctor concentrate long enough to help?

Find out, in:

Cloudsdale Falls