• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,360 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,360

Chapter 5: Timor

Author's Note:

Okay a few notes:

This is the last chapter with Paradox speaking, and hopefully the last he is present in.

Timor will be a recurring character for the rest of the trilogy.

And the Oracle has a place in each trial, meaning that she will be back.

Timor's Lair

Jason and Paradox leapt out of the way as Timor charged past.

"I will kill you!" Timor bellowed, charging forward again.

"What did we do to you?" Paradox asks in a concerned voice.

"You know what the spell did! You know how to fix it!" Timor howled, sounding almost. . . sad.

"You're right, but you know what will happen if I fix it." Paradox answered in a remorseful voice.

"Then why Paradox? Why leave me here? Why not fix it?" Timor spoke, his voice now devoid of all anger.

"Because you still haven't answered me, Is the end result what you really want?"

". . ."

"Timor. . . "

"Fine, I will accept, my part is over." Timor answered, his voice now rumbling with sobs.

"Then hold still old friend." Paradox instructed.

"Friend?!" everypony yells.

"Paradox, before the spell begins, promise me that I will get to be with my oldest friends." Timor asked laying on the ground.

Paradox had one tear running down his cheek as he answered, "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

As his body is covered in a golden aura, Timor chuckled, "You are still weird, friend."

"Friend." Paradox echoed as the room was filled with a brilliant gold light. "Farewell."


Luna sat bolt upright as an energy that she hadn't felt in years returned.

Her old friend is returning.

Without a moments thought she jumped out of her bed and ran into the hall towards her sister/

Celestia meanwhile was eating a late breakfast when Luna burst in.

"Celly! It's Timor! He's back!"

Celestia frowned, "But how could he? Who could have that power?"

"I'm going into the tunnels to find out." Luna decided as she ran from the kitchen at full blast.

Celestia tiredly looked at her breakfast.

"It's too early for this."


Timor's lair

When the gold light finally faded, everypony stood in silent shock at what happened to Timor.

"What kind of spell was that?" Jason asked, breaking the silence.

"The only spell that could fix his condition." Paradox sighed, still staring at the spot where Timor had been.

Where a giant spider once laid, now there was only a black coated alicorn colt with dark green hair.

"But why is he a child?" Twilight asked, stepping towards Timor.

"Because the spell that hit him, hit his heart. Only a time spell could reverse it." Paradox answered, looking at the rubble where the diamond dogs were pouring out,

"Where the Spider, Paradox?" The Dogfather asked looking at Jason as he approached the white alicorn.

"The child is the spider, and I am giving him to Jason here," Paradox answered, motioning to Jason, "to deliver him to the Princesses, where the will watch him."

"Then we set your friends free, and forget all qualms with you." The Dogfather replied, motioning the dogs to begin repairs.

"If you will have me, I will gladly help rebuild." Paradox offered, looking back at the rubble.

"Accepted." The Dogfather grunted, walking away.

"Any last questions?" Paradox asked, turning towards the group.

Jason nodded to Twilight before asking, "Why was he hit by a spell?"

Paradox grimaced, "Well, without ruining your entire future, he was hit while running from a war."

"Of the creators." Jason spoke, causing Paradox to grin.

"I see that you're becoming sharp, but all will be revealed in time. Farewell all." With that, Paradox galloped down the tunnel out of sight.


Crystal Catacombs Entrance

Jason looked towards Timor, who was asleep on Fluttershy's back, "Well, guess we're headed back to the Palace."

Jason turned, only to see Luna galloping towards them.

"Where is he? where is my friend?" She asked, hope in her eyes. Fluttershy walked forward and motioned to her back with her head.

"What? what happened to him?" Luna cries, looking at the colt.

"Were sorry Luna, Paradox said it was the only way to help him." Twilight explained, looking at the small alicorn.

"Paradox, who is that?" Luna asked, her face frozen in shock. "I hope he isn't who I think he is." Luna thought to herself as Twilight answered.

"A white alicorn with time traveling ability." Twilight stated, to tired to explain.

"No, this is not good, I must take you all to Celestia and kill that little worm." Luna growled, angry with his return.

Jason's eyes widen. "What did he do to you?"

"He is the reason that none of you know my parents. He is at fault for their death." She answered, a glare still on her face.

"Um Luna?" Jason asked, getting Luna to turn to him, "I become Paradox in the future."


Canterlot Throne Room

The group was silent as they approached Celestia's throne.

"Luna?" Celestia asked, concern on her face.

"Timor wasn't the only one who returned." Luna stated, "The one who killed our parents, he is in the Catacombs as we speak."

Celestia was quiet for a moment, "You don't mean Paradox do you?" She spoke at last.

"Indeed I do sister." Luna replied.

To everyone's surprise, Celestia began to cry. "He came to the palace after I banished you, and explained that our parents are still alive as long as he is."

"That still doesn't excuse-"

"LUNA!" Celestia snapped, "He wasn't the one who separated us, he was the one who saved us."

"I don't understand." Luna sobbed, "How could he be the one who helped us? I thought it was Timor."

"I saw him tell our mother to get us out of there, to keep us safe. She told me to look after you, and that she loved us both. I turned and ran, until we got to the Everfree. I still remember the look on her face as she went after Paradox. He is not our enemy, he was my magic trainer, and he said they would return, he always did."

Luna's jaw hung open at all Ceestia revealed, and so did everyone else's jaw.

"The next piece is in Las Pegasus, or rather, under it." Celestia explained, "Leave me and my sister, we have much to discuss."