• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,360 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,360

Chapter 3: The Test of Fear.

Timor's Lair

"Well?" Sarai asked, still standing by the crusaders, "Will you enter the river?"

Jason stood still for a few minutes, contemplating. Then, finally, "Yes." And stepped into the river.


Jason's Fear

Jason found himself in a ruined town square. Next to him was a fountain that had shattered some time ago. On the other side of the square was a strange muttering sound. As Jason approached it, he realized that it was coming from a dirty white alicorn with blue-black spiky hair.

"if only, if only," The alicorn repeated, his gruff voice sounding vaguely familiar.

" 'If only' what?" Jason asked, startling the alicorn. Turning towards Jason, the alicorns eye's widen.

"Another chance? Could it be?" He asked no one in particular, a creepy smile upon his face.

"Excuse me?" Jason asked, now officially wierded out.

"If you can deliver a message, all could be saved." The Alicorn explained, straightening his messy hair.

"Message? Not until you answer a few questions. Who are you, to start with." Jason demanded, starting to get tired of the alicorn.

"Ah, well for now, call me Dox. And if you are wondering, welcome to Ponyville, post-war." Dox rattled off, an impatient look in his eyes.

"I-I lose the war against the void?" Jason asked, realizing that the town was covered in graves.

"Ooh, that is a hard one. But no, you win against the void." Dox explained, his creepy gruff voice becoming more reserved and quiet.

"But if I win the war, the why is everyone dead?" Jason asked against his will.

"Because, this is the outcome of a different war, one in your future. And if you fail to do what is necessary, You will bury your friends.' Dox quietly explained, his voice beginning to quiver.

Jason caught the sadness in Dox's voice. "You're me, or what I become, aren't you?" He asked.

With a sigh Dox answered, "Yes and no. Yes, I am you. But no, we are not exactly alike."

Jason had more questions, but Dox began to fade.

"Do me a favor, ask Timor about the Creators. It could change the future." Dox called, his voice growing faint.

Soon, all around Jason was a blur of color. Every once in a while Jason would see one of his own failures. A failed homework assignment. A failed friendship. So on, and so forth. But soon Jason saw something he never wanted to: He was cradling Jane in his arms. Her blood was mixed with his, as they bled out of several cuts. All around them were graves. Six were bigger than the rest, one for each Element-Bearer. Then came four slightly smaller graves. One depicted a changling, another was a griffon, and the next one was a minotaur. But Jason's heart fell as he saw the last one, it belonged to Rose. The next three graves were smaller than the rest, and each bore an emblem. It was the crest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Jason began to cry. How could I fail? How could I let everyone die? He thought to himself. As he sat there, looking upon the sad scene, he began to realize his fear. Failure. He was afraid of failure. With newfound determination, he began to think about every time he succeeded at something. He then imagined an Equestria without the Void threatening to kill it. One where he was spending time with all the ponies and mythical creatures he had met. As he did this he was unconsciously walking forward. He was suddenly jolted out of it when his foot hit solid ground.


Timor's Lair

Jason looked around in shock. He was at the top of the stairs, his hands upon the gauntlets. Up close, the gauntlets looked like the color had been drained from them. In one gauntlet sat an eerie green stone. With held breath, Jason picked the gauntlets up.

"Well, it seems I underestimated you." A new booming voice sounded, causing Jason to jump. As he turned around, Jason saw a spider, a giant spider.

"W-what are you?" Jason yelled while falling backwards.

With what could classify as a grin the spider spoke, "I am Timor, and you have something of mine."

Jason looked at the gauntlets and in one second, made his decision. With a quick jump, Jason flew over Timor and landed by the petrified Crusaders.

"Run!" He told them, pulling Excalibur free of it's sheath. Timor however, recognized it.

"Ah Excalibur, just as the Creators predicted." He growled, eyeing the sword..

Jason froze as he remembered Dox's wish, "I have heard of these 'Creators' before, but what are they?" He asked the spider, catching it off guard.

"You will learn soon enough, but I shall still- wait what?!?!?" Timor exclaimed as a large CCCRRRAAACK echoed around the room. Before either of them could react, Timor vanished through the floor.

In Timor's place, the heads of Jason's friends popped out of the rubble, along with a few dogs, and one white Alicorn that Jason had more questions for.

"You!" Jason called, pointing at Dox, "Why are you here?"

Dox looked up at Jason, his eyes growing wide. "How do you know who I am?" He asked, his face growing confused.

Jason walked forward, a glare on his face, "You were in a vision, you said to ask about the creators to change the future, and now it looks like it still happens." Jason explained, leaning against a wall and sliding to the floor.

"Ah," Dox exclaimed, breaking the silence, "You saw an alternate reality, and I'm guessing you were an Alicorn in it." Dox explained, looking for a nod before continuing, " In all realities, you grow to quite love this form." Dox said as he guestured to himself.

"So, I still become Dox?" Jason asked, looking up from the floor.

To everyone's surprise, Dox laughed. "Oh, that is rich!" With a sigh, Dox caught his breath. "No, I am called Paradox."

Author's Note:

Next time on JGTOE. . .

Paradox explains, Timor returns, and the Warriors leave Canterlot!

Tune in next time!