• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,360 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,360

Arc 2: The Quest. Chapter 1: Canterlot

Canterlot
City Square

The Warriors looked out of place in the posh city. Most of them, (especially Ditto) wouldn't even be there if they knew where the first piece of armor was. As it was, Twilight suggested the museum as a starting place. After all, wasn't museums created to hold relics of the past.

"Nope, we don't have any void armor here, but we do have an idea of where to look." Said Dusty Rune, A grey unicorn with silver hair.

"Where?" Twilight asked, a notebook appearing next to her.

Dusty Rune locked his bright blue eyes with Twilight's, "It is rumored that a battle took place in the crystal caverns, and that a warrior with said armor was there." With that, the curator went back to cataloging a box of old scrolls.

"Now what Jason?" Twilight asked as she turned towards the group, concern on her face

Jason looked back and forth between his followers before replying, "I think we should head to the hotel for now, and tomorrow we should spend training to fight, or looking for more rumors around town."

"I think that is a splendid idea!" Rarity said with a yawn, already turning towards the door. As they left, Dusty sighed under his breath, "Good luck."


Royal Guest Suite
Canterlot Palace

The room Celestia set aside for the warriors was like a small, one story, hotel. In all, there were at least seven rooms: one for the elements of harmony, one for Rage, one for Ditto, one for Razor Talons, one for Jason, one for Rose, and one for the Crusaders. The Crusaders had spent the day pouring over maps to pinpoint the location of the other pieces. So far, about six other places had been circled, including Ponyville. Looking at the map, Jason suppressed a shudder as he remembered the Void's threat.

When Jason got to the main Living room. All but the Crusaders, the Night and Day gaurds, and Luna were there. As he walked in, he heard Twilight as Ditto who the changeling queen was.

Ditto looked remorseful as he answered, "Queen Illusion, my oldest friend, and the only heir to Chrysalis's throne."

But what of Chrysalis herself?" Rarity asked with a frown.

Ditto scoffed as he remembered Chrysalis. "She was a misguided Queen. When the invasion was over, her and all who followed her were punished."

"What is their punishment?" Fluttershy asked with concern, never making eye contact with the changeling.

"To die, alone and hungry, surrounded by those who once cared for them. Now, only to be shunned." Ditto answered, his voice unnaturally even. As he finished his answer, Fluttershy had gasped, and the others were wide eyed.

"Why would you be so cruel to them?" Twilight asked, looking aghast.

"You think it was easy?" Ditto growled, springing to his feet. "Illusion had to watch her mother die. She was locked in her room for days afterward." He stood there for a moment as the room fell quiet once more.

"Was there anyone out there that you knew, Ditto?"" Applejack asked, the first of the group to overcome the shock.

Ditto fell to his rump, and for ten minuets, said nothing. Until he sighed and in a shaky voice answered, "My brother."

Before he knew what was happening, Ditto was hit by a yellow blur, which was now hugging him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm so sorry." Fluttershy cried between tears, only confusing the poor changeling.

"Why are you apologizing? My brother knew the consequences of shunning the Changeling Code. But that didn't stop him, or his friends."

Rainbow Dash clapped a hoof on Ditto's shoulder, "Fluttershy trusts you know, and whether you like it or not, you're one of us now. Your pain is our pain." She answered, stepping back so the rest of the main six could squeeze in for a group hug.

Twilight noticed Jason, Rage and Razor standing awkwardly to the side, "Come on, you three, that means you too." She said, gesturing to join the hug. After a few moments of hesitation, they did just that.

One by one they al left until only Jason and Ditto were left. Looking down at the changeling, Jason prepared to ask him a question that was bugging him.

"Ditto?" He asked cautiously, "How hard is it to let your sibling die?"

Ditto sighed, "It was the hardest thing I ever went through, but it was necessary, so I moved on. Why?" He asked, looking up at Jason.

After a moment of hesitation, Jason answered, "Because I might have to let my sister die to save the universe, both mine and yours."

Ditto looked back at Jason, "She will make her decisions, you will make yours, and in the end, all you can do is hope she will somehow survive." He said quietly.

Jason hoof-bumped Ditto, "Thanks, but I'm still worried for her. Hope is all I have now."


Canterlot Museum

Dusty Rune was about to leave the museum when a white alicorn stallion stepped in, "Excuse me, but have you seen a human in here recently? I have to find him." the alicorn hesitantly asked.

Dusty tuned to look at him, taking in the half-black, half turquoise blue-ish hair. Locking his blue eyes with the alicorns blue eyes, Dusty asked, "Why?"

"I' stuck in the wrong dimension, and I need to help him for a bit until I can leave." The alicorn answered, only to gasp and pont outside, "Oh, and a few unicorns who work for a 'Filthy Rich' were planning to beat you up, so I knocked them out."

Dusty smiled, "I thank you for that, and I believe I heard them say something about a royal hotel suite as they left."

The alicorn smiled and headed for the door, "Thank you." Were the last words spoken in the museum.

With a sigh, Dusty locked the door and shook his head, "Now I can sleep easy tonight." He sighed with relief as he made his way towards his bed."Who was that though?" Was his last thought as he drifted to sleep.

Author's Note:

Yaaaaaay! I learned how to use horizontal rule!

So, to recap the first chapter of arc two,

1. Character development of Ditto. As well as an explanation as to what happened to Chrysalis.

2. A new character, and no, he won't be in very many chapters, and his appearances are spread out as well.

and as to what to expect next chapter: A look into Changeling magic, Twilight will probably lecture, and Jason will learn more about human magic.

so yeah, that's all I've got.