• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,356 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
39
 87
 1,356

Preparations

Author's Note:

Forewarning: the following chapter is the rest of the mane six's (and the CMC's) preparations for the quest. So not much will happen yet.

Part 1: Applejack

Applejack woke bright and early, just like every morning. But unlike every morning, she didn't go out to work. Instead, she could be found grumbling to herself as she packed the last few cases of cider in her saddlebags. As she was grumbling to herself, Big Mac and Granny Smith walked up to her.

"Now you make sure you keep Applebloom safe, got it?" Granny asked, looking Applejack in the eyes.

"You can depend on me Granny," Applejack replied, giving Granny a hug. She then turned to Big Mac. "You think you can handle apple bucking without me Mac?" She asked him.

"Eeyup." Mac replied with a smile.

"Alright then, see ya in a few weeks!" Applejack called to her family as she ran towards the meeting place. After rounding the corner she slowed to a trot and continued to grumble.

"Ah' sure hope Jason stays true to his word-" But before Applejack could finish, a large flame, over 20 feet high, blazed to life. "Whoa nelly!" she exclaiimed with fright. After the flame died down, Applejack decided that the humans weren't safe, and ran to the library to find Spike.

"Ah' think I need to write a letter..."

Part 2: Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie was, well, Pinkie Pie. And she was happy. She already had her party cannon put in her mane, and was placing several cupcakes in it when she remembered that she had 2 more deliveries to do before leaving. Heading to the door, Pinkie pulled a baby alligator from her mane and set him on the floor.

"Now Gummy, you stay here and be good for momma, got it?" Pinkie asked him, who, in response, blinked his left eye.

"That's my boy!" Pinkie chirped, bouncing out the door.

After picking up he goodies for delivering, Pinkie made her way down the street. Eventually the first house came Into view. It was a small, modest house. Pinkie walked up to the door, stopping on a muffin-shaped welcome mat. Pinkie knocked on the door.

"Delivery!" she called, still knocking. After a few minuets Pinkie noticed a strange sound. Almost like a grinding whoosh. Following the sound, Pinkie walked around the corner of the house to find a blue box appearing out of thin air. The doors opened and two ponies stepped out. One, a stallion with a tan-ish brown coat and a brown mane. The second was a grey pegasus mare with a blond mane and bubbles on her flank.

"But you promised you would wait." the mare stated, her voice sounding sad.

"I-I, well, fine. When will they get here?" the stallion asked in a british accent.

"They're here now, actually." the mare responded with a smile as she noticed Pinkie watching with interest.

"Derpy!" Pinkie called, running towards her. "Is this guy your colt-friend or something?" Pinkie asked, gesturing to the stallion.

Derpy the blushed and spluttered, "Ack- no! He's just a friend." Derpy stated not meeting eye contact with the stallion.

"So what were you doing in that box then?" Pinkie asked, one of her eyebrows arching.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Derpy simply said, her face lighting with a smile.

"He's that good, huh?" Pinkie asked, reaching into her mane. At this, Derpy blushed deep red, now finding her hooves interesting.

"Just kidding!" Pinkie giggled, pulling a large crate of muffins out of her mane. "Well, here's your muffins!"

Derpy, still blushing, tossed Pinkie a few bits, mumbled her thanks and moved the crate towards the blue box. As she did this, the stallion approached Pinkie.

"Excuse me, Pinkie is it?" He asked, an eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Yep that's me! And you're... Time Turner, right?" Pinkie answered, shaking his hoof with hers.

"Actually, I'm the Doctor, and I'm looking for a human." He replied, prying his hoof away from Pinkie.

"Sure! I know him, and I actually am about to go see him. You want to tag along?" Pinkie asked the Doctor, hoping he'd say yes.

"Yes, just let me get Derpy to show you around the TARDIS, and we can go." The Doctor answered, relief showing on his face.

"Oh silly, we don't need a time machine to travel. Allow me." Pinkie giggled as she reached to what would be the corner of a t.v. screen. And with one pull: Pinkie, the Doctor, Derpy, and the TARDIS all dissapeared to the next chapter.

Part 3: Fluttershy

"And that's the last of the chores, can I trust you to handle this Lyra?" Fluttershy asked in her small voice.

"Sure! It's all in the bag!" Lyra confirmed. The mint-green unicorn then gripped Flutershy's shoulders. "Now I have a question for you." Lyra whispered, so only Fluttershy could hear.

"Can you confirm the rumor that there is a human in Equestria?" Lyra asked, her eyes locked with Fluttershy's. At this, Fluttershy broke Lyra's grasp, and started backing up.

"Oh, um, well, I-I don't know what you're talking about." Fluttershy lied, her eyes flitting around the room. Lyra simply chuckled and shook her head.

"I know your lying, you have been seen with him. Please let me meet him!" Lyra begged.

'Well, um, I guess you could, but you'd have to see Twilight first." Fluttershy whispered, looking at Lyra from behind her mane.

"Yes! I'll be at the library!" Lyra called, zipping out the door.

Fluttershy simply shook her head, and gathered the last of her bags. Looking around one last time, Fluttershy felt like something was missing. She wondered if Rarity would know. And as soon as she thought of her friend, she realized what was missing. Rarity and Fluttershy had missed their spa date! Knowing what to do, Fluttershy ran from her cottage to the boutique.

Part 4: Rarity

Of all the things to happen to Rarity today this was the. Worst. Possible. Thing. She was out of sewing supplies!! Oh how could she go to the most popular cities without the ability to present a new line of clothes?! Rarity stopped pacing to look around the front room. In one of the windows sat her cat, Opalesence. Opal had fallen to sleep while Rarity was ranting, and asleep she stayed as Rarity loaded her traveling cart with the last of her necessities. Rarity still couldn't help but wonder why it felt like something was missing. After a few more minuets of pacing a familiar face burst through the door.

"Rarity!" Fluttershy shouted, only to squeak, blush, and hide behind her mane. "Sorry." She apologized.

"My dear Fluttershy, you have nothing to apologize for." Rarity chided, giving Fluttershy a hug. "So what are you doing here?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, um, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the spa one last time." Fluttershy whispered.

Rarity gasped, that's what was missing! "Of course! Just let me tell Sweetie to move the cart to the library, and we can go!" Rarity said with cheer. She then walked upstairs. After a few minuets, hooves could be heard as Sweetie and Rarity trotted down the stairs.

"Hi Fluttershy! Bye Fluttershy!" Sweetie called as she zipped out the door. Giving no time for Fluttershy to answer.

"Now, all I need to do is drop Opal off at the pet sitters, and I'll be free for the rest of the day." Rarity explained, levitating Opal from the couch to her back. "Let"s go!"



Rarity and Fluttershy were walking down the street when they bumped into a familliar unicorn...

"But Fluttershy admitted that she knew a human!" Lyra groaned, a hoof on the shoulder of a white-ish tan earth pony with blue and pink curly hair.

"And I told you that you have problems!" The earth pony shouted back, causing Lyra to take a few steps back. " And unless Fluttershy was here to support your claims I Still won't believe you!" At that the earth pony turned towards the two ponies that just showed uo.

"OH! Fluttershy! Rarity! I apologize for that outburst, it's just that Lyra still thinks there are humans around." The earth pony apologized.

"Funny you should mention that, Bonbon," Rarity said, putting an arm around Bonbon's shoulders, "But after Fluttershy and I go to the spa, Were actually going to meet up with the humans." At this, Bonbon's jaw dropped.

"You're kidding, right?" She asked

"Eeynope." Bic Mac said as he pulled an apple cart past them.

"Told ya!" Lyra chuckled.

"Fine, you win." Bonbon said in defeat.

"Now, Bonbon, will you look after Opal for me?" Rarity asked.

"Sure, just put her on the couch inside." Bonbon replied. gesturing inside her house. Rarity followed Bonbon's instructions, and levitated her cat inside. After that, Rarity walked back to Fluttershy

"Now let's head for the spa!" Rarity said.

Part 5: The CMC

The crusaders could be found at the clubhouse. They were: talking, laughing, arguing, and packing. For this was the first time they were allowed to tag along on a dangerous mission. All three of the fillies were confused as to why though. Why were they needed? What made them special? What could they do that others couldn't? But, like all children, these questions soon faded from their minds.

The crusaders went over their checklists one last time before leaving the clubhouse. Sweetie hooked herself up to Rarity's travel cart, while Applebloom and Scootaloo loaded the wagon with their stuff.

As they walked through Ponyville, they noticed Rarity and Fluttershy in an argument with Lyra and Bonbon. The CMC decided to stay out of the argument, and continued to walk towards the library.

"So where do you think we'll go first?" Scootaloo asked her friends.

"Ah' hope it's not the Everfree forest, that place gives me the creeps!" Applebloom answered with a shudder.

"What if we get to see the princesses?" Sweetie gasped.

"Or Sapphire Shores!" Scootaloo chipped in.

"Well whoever we meet, or wherever we go, ah' just hope we get our cutie marks." Applebloom sighed.

All three crusaders nodded in agreement as they approached Twilight's front door. As they neared, they could hear an argument.

"Ah' told ya! It was 20 feet high!" Applejack yelled. It was followed by a sigh.

"Look Aj, I know you're upset with him for allowing the crusaders to go,I am too! But, he and Rose promised me this morning that they would both look after the crusaders." Twilight explained, right as the crusaders walked in.

Twilight looked at them with a tired smile. "Great!" Twilight cheered, "You're here! Now all we do is wait."

Part Six: Twilight

A few hours earlier. . .

"Magic theory books?" Twilight asked Spike, who was holding a checklist.

"Check." Spike answered, per the usual.

"Extra bedding?" Twilight asked yet again. Spike went to open his mouth when a huge flame erupted near the Everfree.

"W-what was that?" Spike whispered.

"Well," Twilight began, a hoof to her chin, "Rose is teaching Jason magic, perhaps it was Jason?"

"Twilight, how does a human make fire like that? How is it possible?" Spike asked, a claw on his chin.

Twilight went quiet for a few minuets. " I don't know," she finally said aloud, dropping to her flanks. "I just don't know."

Suddenly, Applejack burst through the door.

"Twilight," she said, " We need to talk."

A few hours later.

"And so that's what I've been doing today. Happy now?" Twilight asked the crusaders, who now sat at her table.

"Yep." Applebloom answered between bites of a sandwich that Twilight had made for her.

"So when will the others get here?" Sweetie asked, dabbing her mouth with a napkin.

As she spoke, Rarity and Fluttershy walked through the door. Following them was Lyra.

"Where is the human?" Lyra asked Twilight, looking around the library.

"By the Everfree," Twilight answered as she stood up, " Okay everypony listen up!" she called out, quieting the library.

"Pinkie said she will meet us by the everfree, and Dash is already there, so let's go!" And with that she walked out the door, everypony else following behind.