• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,363 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,363

The Labyrinth: Part Two

The Labyrinth

Jason kept running, his heart beating out of his chest.

He just witnessed Rage Will's death, and now he was running through the largest maze in the world alone and with no plan.

He slowed to a walk and listened. Nothing was following him. Sighing, Jason turned to look behind himself. Again, nothing.

Holding Excalibur in front of him, Jason continued walking in the direction he had been running before, hoping more than anything that the others hadn't been hurt yet.


Rose

Rose slowly read the letter Twilight had just received. The news it had was glum. So glum, that Twilight could not bring herself to tell the others. When Rose paused to take a breath, the others started asking questions.

"Is mah' family alright? Are they safe?" Applejack asked, worry present on her face. Before Rose could answer, Pinkie jumped up with her own question.

"The Cakes and Baby Cakes! They can't be dead! Tell me they got out alive, and with Sugarcube Corner!" Pinkie wailed. There was a collective facehoof from everypony present.

Rose finally sighed, "According to Spike, they have at least half the town safe in the Everfree. Zecora is preparing to lead them through it to Canterlot."

"Is mah' family with them?" Applejack pleaded.

Rose nodded, "Big Mac is Red Leader in a scouting team, to make sure the Everfree is safe, and Granny has the kids making Zap-Apple Jam for the Food reserves. The Cakes brought as much cooking supplies as they could. But, Twilight's library is dust. I'm sorry Twilight." Rose answered, her voice turning into a whisper at the end.

For a moment, nopony spoke. Then, to everyponies surprise, Twilight straightened up.

"We can't lose hope girls." Twilight said, her voice ringing loud and clear, "We have each other. Spike and the others are safe and heading towards Canterlot. If we lose hope here, then we will have truly lost everything. We must free Celestia, and we must get out of here. For Ponyville!" Twilight finished with a cheer.

"For Ponyville!" Everyony echoed, stepping side by side, the group continued on. Together.


Razor Talons

Razor Talons wished he was an owl, heck, he wished he could see in the dark. But, with no other option, he continued onward.

Minutes pass, and still, The Labyrinth remains unchanged. No sign of a turn or crossways. Just one straight line. Where was everypony?


Twilight

Unbeknownst to the others, Twilight was still upset. The only home she ever had was gone. Her friends were running to a city controlled by changelings, and the group had been split apart. Still, she had hope. She hoped they would make it to Celestia. That she would know what to do. That everything could go back to normal.

Twilight tried to clear her mind, she would never leave otherwise. Eventually, Twilight decided to thank Rose for reading the letter for her. But when she turned to her, Rose was gone. Twilight turned around to see all her friends were gone. Panic starting to take hold, Twilight ran as fast as she can, hoping to find someone, anyone. She was alone.


Razor Talons

A blue pony butt.

Razor Talons had seen many things, but he had never seen a ponies rear up close before. Now, after a strange whooshing sound and a strangled 'whoa', a blue pony rear landed on his face. A few seconds later his brain processed the scenario. His face abruptly turned red.

"I'm so sorry Miss Dash! That wasn't very nice of me." Razor apologized as he pushed Rainbow off him.

"Nah, it's cool." Rainbow casually replied, standing to her hooves. "And just call me Dash, or Rainbow, or the whole thing. But never call me 'Miss'."

"I'll try to remember." Razor promised. After a short awkward pause, Rainbow picked a hallway and began walking down it. Razor followed behind, wondering when his life ended up like this.


Rose

Rose opened her eyes, and suddenly regretted it.

"Not here, not now." She groaned, looking up at the seemingly endless council room. Principatum stepped forward.

"Well, does he suspect anything? Did he find any of the armor?" Principatum demanded impatiently, his wings starting to turn black at the tips.

"No, he believes I'm with him. And he has received the gauntlets." Rose answered, feeling guilt at lying to Jason.

Principatum smiled, "Then we at least have time to spare, as long as you don't reveal the truth."

Rose nodded, "As you wish." She answered. As she turned to leave, she heard the last voice she expected to hear.

"Why?" Said Jason, standing in the doorway, "Why?"


Twilight

Twilight froze, she found herself in Ponyville. Her library burned nearby, and humans taller than Jason ran back and forth. Standing in front of the void was a girl, her long black hair pinned behind her in a ponytail. She wore some sort of black armor that looked like a thin silk, but was obviously rather durable. Her black combat boots crunched against the gravel as she walked through Ponyville.

"Are you sure that the tear is permanent?" She asked no one in particular. Twilight watched closely as the girls eyes turned pitch black an answered in a deep voice, "Only a harmonious blast can stop me. Even then, the elements would have to change, and this is required.

Twilight gasped as the girl held up Starswirls journal. The last spell, the one she needed to finish. According to the Void, she would need to cast it! But that means entering Ponyville. That means going to war.

The war of Ponyville.


Rainbow Dash

"Well this is awkward." Thought Rainbow Dash as she and Razor continued walking. After a few moments, Rainbow had an idea.

"Hey Razor," Rainbow asked, "Have you ever heard of Gilda?'

"Gilda? I was betrothed to her." Razor answered, looking at Dash "How do you know of her?"

"I was a friend of hers, until I found out how much of a jerk she was." Rainbow answered, still thinking about what Razor just said, "Betrothed?"

"I was to marry her. but found her to be too brutal." Razor answered, remembering the story. "Her parents the sent her to Equestria to learn friendship, and to control herself."

"Well it didn't work." Rainbow chuckled, telling Razor what happened.

"I'm not surprised at all." Razor chuckled. He suddenly went quiet before asking, "Can I tell you a secret?"

Rainbow looked at Razor with surprise, "Um, I guess?"

Razor sighed before saying, "I was forced to come with you guys."


Author's Note:

To be completed in part three: The Center

And here's some what of what will come after the Labyrinth:

Twilight and Friends head to Canterlot after they get the piece at Manehattan.

Arc Three: Jason and Razor Talons head to Cloudsdale to find a lead for the fourth piece.

Ditto returns to Chrysalis.

And then the War.

Tune in next time!