• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,360 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,360

Intermezzo part 2: Clarent's destiny

V.V.T HQ
Earth
Locaton Unkown

Jane sighed inwardly, it had been 24 hours since she had joined V.V.T, and she was lonely. She was also tired for a lack of sleep. Why? Because, every time she closed her eyes, she saw a war. Humans and ponies dying on both sides. And her brother was there, aiding the ponies.

"Why Jason?" She asked no one in particular, tears streaming down her face.

"Jane? You have a package in." Susan Botts said over the intercom. With a sigh, Jane stood up and walked over to her Intercom button and pushed it.

"Send it in." Jane answered quietly. A few minutes later, a knocking could be heard on her door. Jane opened it to find a man, holding a long thin package.

"Are you Jane Wright?" He asked, his featureless face betraying no emotion.

"Yes. Can I help you?" She answered, scanning the visitor as he stepped inside. He was at an average height, had brown hair streaked with silvery-gray, and wore a cloak that was several sizes too big.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Principatum, and I am an angel." At the word 'angel', he undid his cloak, allowing two pure white wings to spread out.

"I-I don't know what to say." Jane stammered, not knowing how to handle this revelation. She then promptly sat down on her bed. "Why are you here?" She finally managed to ask, her voice but a whisper.

"Because of the sword in my hands, and your brother." Principatum answered, pulling the sword from its sheath. Along the flat of the blade had glowing red runes which, if looked at right, would spell a word: Clarent

"And what does Clarent have to do with anything?" Jane asked, reading the sword's name.

"Everything," Principatum answered with a smile, "Its destiny sits at the middle of this story."

"And what is its destiny?" Jane asked, reaching for Clarent's hilt.

"To save the multiverse, and to kill the wielder of Excalibur." Principatum explained as if it was common knowledge.

"Will it help save Jason?" Jane questioned, a tint of sadness in her voice. At which Principatum faltered, for the truth was that Jason was Excalibur's wielder. And now he had to lie once more to secure power. So why did it bother him?

Sighing, Principatum answered sadly, "Yes, it will. But first, you must be trained in magic, for all of your enemies will have it, and it will also help you to communicate with Clarent."

Jane held Clarent so the tip of the blade pointed up, and looked at the reflection, not noticing the spell that Principatum was casting. In the blade's reflection, Jane saw her and Jason, standing on a hill, no wars, no deaths, and the human controlled Equestria around them. Jane lowered the sword. "Teach me Master." She said, her voice changed by the will of Clarent. For all Clarent wants is to fulfill its destiny.

To kill Jason Wright


End of Arc One

Author's Note:

Welp, here we are, the end of Arc 1: Beginnings.
Soon, the quest for the armor begins, and a few Romances will be made along the way.
I apologize for how short this chapter is, I promise that the next one will be longer.