• Published 18th Mar 2014
  • 1,360 Views, 87 Comments

Jason's Grand Tour of Equestria - Paradox Theory



When Twilight summons an anti-brony things get bumpy!

  • ...
38
 87
 1,360

The Request

Edge of the Everfree

Jason had zoned off while Rose was explaining how she had nearly escaped death in a different universe. While her voice became a buzz in Jason's mind, there was another voice that had grown in volume: the Void's. What it had said in Jason's dream had began to echo.

"I have killed your sun, the champion lies defeated. You have lost." It echoed once more.

Suddenly, three ponies and a blue box appeared out of nowhere, startling Jason, Rose, and Dash.

"How did you do that?!" Doctor Whooves exclaimed, helping Derpy off the ground.

"Oh, I broke the fourth wall a long time ago." Pinkie casually remarked.

"Pinkie? Why are there two random ponies here?" Jason asked in a confused tone.

"They aren't random," Pinkie explained. " And they have a message for you."

"Yes, we do." Doctor Whooves agreed.

"And it is?" Jason asked, wondering who would want to talk to him.

"Jason!" Twilight called, bursting into the clearing, "Have you decided where we're going first?"

"No, I was about to receive a message when you showed up." Jason paused, "Besides, I figured you would want to help me decide."

"Ahem." Doctor Whooves coughed. "Anyway, Princess Celestia has requested your prescence." He announced.

Jason was lost for a moment, had he heard that name before? Jason then remembered the addiction to ponies his friend had had. He remembered Drake mentioning Celetia's being an alicorn. Jason then pondered what to say next...

"So where does she live?" Jason asked. And no sooner did he ask Pinkie pushed him to the ground and stood on top of him.

"You don't know where she lives?!" Pinkie yelled in his face.

"No." Jason answered after a pause. In response Twilight pointed to a castle on the side of the mountain to the north.

Jason studied the castle for sometime before saying, "Well then that's our first stop."

The Doctor then spoke up, "You all go ahead to the train station," he instructed, " I will go to Celestia and tell her you're on your way."

"Bye!" Derpy says in her bubbly voice before entering the blue box.

As it disappeared, Twilight spoke to the group, "Let's get going."

The Ponyville Train Station

Jason felt uneasy with all the stares from the townsponies. After a few minuets he decided to ask why they were taking the train.

"Because," Twilight answered while reading her magic studies book, "My teleportation isn't powerful enough to take all of us to Canterlot."

"And what about Pinkie teleporting the Doctor and Derpy?" Jason asked immediately after Twilight finished explaining.

At that Twilight gave Jason a look that said really? "I don't care if what you said was true or not, Pinkie does that all the time. And from what I can tell, it only works over short distances."

Without warning Rainbow Dash zipped over between Jason and Twilight. "Mind answering a few more questions?" She asked Jason.

"If I get to ask a few in return, then sure." Jason replied.

Dash held her hoof out and Jason shook it. "Deal!" they said together. Jason looked around to find that the rest of the ponies had gathered around, including a few townsponies.

Rainbow went first. "Why do you have magic but no horn?" Jason could tell this was bugging her and looked at a long midnight blue cat.

'Humans have the ability to channel their will through any point in their bodies, most preferring their hands." The cat explained.

"Rose," Jason said, causing the cat to look at him. "I will never get used to that."

Twilight asked the next question, "Why do you only have fur on your head and nowhere else?"

Jason arched one of his eyebrows before answering, "Okay one, It is called hair. Two, humans can get too hot with fur covering us."

Fluttershy was next, " What do you eat?"

Jason scratched his chin,wondering whether to tell them he eats meat. after a few minuets he noticed that they were still waiting for an answer. Sighing he began his explanation.

"I'm an omnivore." He stated simply, hoping they wouldn't press him further.

However Pinkie ruined such hopes. "What does omnivore mean?" She asked.

Before Jason could answer, Fluttershy spoke up, "It means he can eat fruit, vegetables, and meat." Fluttershy whispered, squeaking at the last part.

This alarmed Aj, who was next. "Is ponies on your menu?" She asked with a glare.

"Heck no!" Jason answered to the relief of everypony.

Rarity then asked her question, "Do all humans wear clothes like that?"

Jason opened his mouth before closing it in thought, then answered after a pause, "Most do, but, some women wear shorter pants or skirts, and a few don't wear any clothing at all."

Rarity surprised Jason by asking, "Why are there only a few who wear nothing?"

"Humans consider it taboo to be naked." Jason replied looking at the intrigued look on Rarity's face.

Lyra, who followed them to the station went next, "Is it true that you have carts that pull themselves?"

Jason looked at her in confusion for awhile before realizing what she was talking about, "Oh, you mean cars? Yeah we do." He answered to Lyra's joy.

Lyra suddenly looked back to see Bon-Bon waiting for her, "Crap, I gotta go." Lyra muttered before turning to Jason. "But before I go can I feel your hands?" Jason gave her an even more confused look before sighing and holding out one hand. Lyra giggled like a school girl and stroked it. Lyra said thanks and ran to Bon-Bon, The group was able to hear an "I told you so" before the two walked out of range.

The Crusaders were last and asked their question together, "Do humans get cutie marks?"

"No, we don't." Jason answered to the confusion of the fillies.

"Why?" Applebloom asked.

"Because," Jason sighed, " The humans main goal is to survive, and to do that most humans can do a number of things, and excel at them, when I left, humans did what they wanted to, but regardless of talents. As long as they could do a minimum amount of it of course."

At that everypony went silent, and Jason decided to ask his question, "Is Celestia a midnight blue alicorn with an indigo blue starry mane?"

Jason did not expect the reaction he received, laughter.

"N-no, that is Luna, her sister." Twilight replied between chuckles. Her eyes suddenly grew wide, "How do you not know she was Luna, but what she looked like?" Twilight asked

"I saw her in my visio-" Jason replied before he could cut himself off.

"Vision?" The group repeated.

Before Jason could explain, the train pulled up. The conductor yelling "All aboard!"

"I think it's better if I tell you where no townsfolk can hear, in a private car perhaps?" Jason explained. To his relief everypony agreed and filed onto the train.

The Ponyville Express
Car 5

When Jason entered the car, everypony was waiting for an explanation. So explain he did. He told them about the Void, his sister, Luna, Ponyville being destroyed, and the message of the Void. "I have killed your sun, the champoin lies dead, you have lost."

That sentence echoed around the car for a few minuets before Dash spoke up.

"Surely that was a nightmare! I mean come on! As long as we have the elements of harmony nothing can touch Poyville! And I know that no one can kill Celestia!" Dash spoke, her voice nervous.

The next voice to speak sounded so grave, that anypony who listened knew it spoke the truth.

"It was no nightmare, Dash. It was our future, and it seems that none will survive." Rose answered, her cat face grave.

"But Isn't that why Jason is here? To stop it?" Fluttershy asked, her eyes wide with fear.

"Celestia dies." Jason stated, his voice sounding intrigued. "Doesn't anypony else feel intrigued by the Void's message? Why does it want Celestia dead?"

Twilight was the one to answer, "Because she is more powerful then anything else, she could hold the Void back."

"True, but doesn't Luna have just as much power as her sister?" Jason asked, knowing what Twilight would say.

"You're right!" Twilight exclaimed, only to grow confused, "Why don't they just stop the void now?" Twilight asks.

"Two reasons," Rose spoke up, "One, the Void would absorb their powers. And Two, if the Void was to corrupt one of them we would be screwed."

"And what of Jason? Where was he in the vision?" Rarity asks,looking out a window.

Jason looked around the room before answering, "I think I know where I will be." He stated, only to have Rarity make the "Go on" gesture,. Taking a deep breath Jason finished his sentence, "I will be dead."

Before anypony could respond the car door opened to reveal a white unicorn stallion in gold trimmed purple armor.

"Jason?" He asked, looking around the room to find Jason raising his hand. The stallion nodded and introduced himself.

"My name is Prince Shining Armour, husband of Princess Cadence and Captain of the Royal Guard. I have been asked to escort you personally to Celestia herself."