• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 751 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Dictator - ChewbaccaNoises



Dictators have absolute rule. Over everything. Every right. Every aspect of our lives.

  • ...
14
 5
 751

Monday, April 7th

Dear Diary ,


Every day, millions of atoms collide together to make substances. Some being acids, solutions, minerals, or even beings. It makes me wonder when and what had to collide to create this hidden evil, the likes of which I have never seen before. I'll be honest, I'm scared. This isn't the Celestia I grew up with. This is something much darker, something much, much darker. Today is the day that Law 22.84 goes into effect. When the clock tower strikes eight in the morning, every pony not working in the fields of in their metal shop will be headed to the Ponyville Factory to build weapons of death. At eight forty-five, the regiment of Royal Guards sent form Canterlot will search the houses of the ones who are supposed to be at the factory, looking for ponies skipping work. The ones who are found will be put into jail for a week. Any secondary offense are to go straight to Celestia.


-------


I sulked along the outside of the library, trying to hide behind the leaves drooping down, hoping to escape the glares of the ponies affected by the recent law I was forced to enact. They walked by slowly, staring at my library home with hatred and defeat in their eyes. Royal Guards stood on every corner eyeing each and every passerby.


"This isn't harmony.. this is disharmony." I said to myself, knowing full well that the pegasus hiding above me on the leaves and the ponie behind me could hear me. "So, you might as well come out you two." I turn around to the exasperated sigh and slowly walking of Applejack behind me. Above me Rainbow Dash struggles to fly out from the leaves, sending her falling down to the ground in front of me. "Well.. I suppose you want to know why you aren't being sent out? I guess come on inside, everyone else is already waiting..." I whispered depressingly. After sending Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy into the library to await the other two, I stood outside listlessly watching.


"Well Twilight, what's this all about?" Rainbow asked me, taking a seat next to Fluttershy. "Why'd you have everypony sent to work EXCEPT us five?"


"Yes, why Twilight? It seems rather unfair to the other ponies that we must not have to work! I'd hate to have a bad reputation spread about me." Rarity spoke.


I sighed, readying myself for a terribly unprepared speech of which I had to give. Breathing deeply, "First off, Applejack is a farmer. She wouldn't have been sent out anyways, but for the rest of you, I personally asked Celestia to let you all off without having to work. It seemed to me that maybe we'd, well... need the elements." All five of my friends looked at me shocked. "What I mean is- I just.." I sighed again. "Something isn't right. I just know it."


"So what you're tellin' us is that you personally asked the Princess to let us NOT work? Well darnit Twilight, you coulda at least asked us first ya' know?" Applejack protested. "I mean, this ain't my first rodeo in this type of situation, but-"


"Oooohh, you've been in a rodeo before Applejack?!" Pinkie Pie happily questioned. "Did it have bulls? Or was it minotaurs? Or was it- Ohhhh, what if it was dictators?!"


"Pinkie!" I yelled, surprising everypony. "We.. we never said she was a dictator. In fact the thought hasn't crossed my mind until now, when you brought it up! Maybe.. maybe the other nations are getting tense with Equestria, and maybe they're building up their militarys? I mean this could just be a big national security thing Celestia is doing. Maybe she doesn't think our nation is quite strong enough?" I sheepishly concocted. Maybe, just maybe...


"As I was saying sugar cube, this isn't my first rodeo. It's been a while since something has happened, but I think I would know if them Princess was planning something. And I just, I just don't feel it Twi'." Applejack shared with me.


"Maybe you're right Applejack.. but I always feel the need to be prepared." I shuddered out. I stood up and walked to the stairs. "Ladies.. I'm not feeling well. If you have any more questions, please ask me now. I may not be out for a few days." I turned and looked at my friends, Pinkie fidgeting with her left hoof, Rainbow looking away from me, Rarity inspecting her hair, Applejack nodding, and Fluttershy sheepishly holding her hoof up.


"Yes, Fluttershy? What is it?" I ask her.


"Wha.. what's going to happen now?"


"..I don't know, Fluttershy." I sighed. "I just hope that something goes our way for once." And with that, I walked up the stairs, defeat plastered on my face. Spike looked at me, noticed my state, and backed away. I trotted over to my bed and plopped down onto it.

-------


Honestly? What the hell am I supposed to say to my friends, Diary? They begin asking me things I have no hope of answering truthfully and fully, and yet.. I feel like I'm the bad pony in all this. I need to contact Shining Armor or something, see what my brother knows. With him as a Prince, information should be given and known easily.. I hope. I love Celestia to death, but.. what if.. no, I can't even think of that, least write it down!


It's.. hard. To say the least. I want to follow Celestia, but I also don't want the whole town turning on me! But... with the Royal Guard I don't suppose they'd do that. Which reminds me, we had twelve ponies skip work duty today. I didn't know any of them personally, but eleven of them were put into jail for a week, and another, what was his name? Oh yes, Free Straits. He worked on the river, using the power to mill cotton and grind wheat for ponies. They found him hiding in the wheel on the river, don't know how, but apparently he put up a fight and almost killed one of the guards. He was put into shackles and then sent to Canterlot to have a meeting with Celestia.. But I know he will be okay. Celestia is a fair and just ruler, she wouldn't do anything monstrous. He will probably get sentenced to jail for his crimes, he won't face.. death.

At least, I don't think he will.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment