• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 5,747 Views, 381 Comments

Goodnight Woon - lunabrony



Filly Celestia. Filly Luna. Stories of the past featuring Luna, Celestia and Discord. Grab your insulin, my friends. Diabeetus is coming your way. You want something life threateningly adorable? Look no further.

  • ...
9
 381
 5,747

Let Him Go - What's This?

The door to the courtyard stood open, framing both Luna and Celestia. The outside world was already nearly torn apart, with trees standing upside down, extensive root systems stretching towards the sky. The sky itself, hauntingly enough, was a dark blood red, and two headed animals were running around in a desperate panic.

Luna and Celestia both stared in horror, knowing that the two of them combined would barely be able to get a handle over all this.

"He's lost it..." Celestia finally gasped.

"Is this our fault?" Luna asked. Celestia shook her head.

"No, Luna. The powers of friendship are vast, but even they cannot overcome everything. We might need the Elements for this. We must retrieve them at once. She paused. Do you hear brass?"

"You mean like horns?" Luna questioned, and perked an ear. "I do! And bells!" The seriousness of this situation hit her in the face. "Oh, sweet Starswirl, he's not going to sing, is he?"

"I believe so," Celestia said with a sigh.

And just like that, whether anypony wanted to hear it or not, Discord was singing. Running through the streets of the small nearby village, casting his magic on anything he felt like.

"What's this? What's this? There's chaos in the air! What's this? There's ponies everywhere! What's this?

I've opened up my eyes, and finally realized, I was so very unaware, what's this?!

What's this? What's this? There's something oh so wrong... what's this? Do they not enjoy my song? What's this?

Everywhere there's little ponies unsuspecting,

so many problems need correcting!

I see nothing worth protecting... what is this... what's this?!

There's children in the schoolyard, but they all look the same,

They're chanting little rhymes instead of kneeling at my name!

There's so much I could do here,

And so much they could learn,

I'll turn this town upside down

And then I'll make it burn..."

Discord teleported throughout the village, laughing as he did. The villagers were helpless in his wake as loving homes were turned upside down, prized fruits growing to dangerous sizes, and the ground cracking apart as the terrain split in half. And the more Discord abused his power, the more he realized how much fun it was. As he appeared near a small home in the middle of the town, he peered inside the window, and his chorus continued.

"Oh, look, what's this? A quiet night at home. How sweet.

And when mare and stallion meet... a child.

Who is calling for its mother, a love story like no other... what's this?

What's this?

A tale at bedtime now? I'm bored.

It could be so much more... let's see.

I never cared much for a family,

My mother was soon bored with me,

Caused me so much misery,

Now watch me as I make them flee!

I've just begun!

I've just begun!

I'll filet them all like fish, WHAT'S THIS?!"

He vaulted forward into a nearby bookstore, electricity shooting from his antlers. Ponies who had previously been having a perfectly nice day screamed and ran in fear as books flew off the shelves, causing all sorts of panic and disorder. Discord shouted after them, continuing to taunt them even in their retreat.

"That's all? What now? I could do so much more.

But look, I'm stuck in generation four.

No Smooze, No Grogar here he's stuck in hell now,

Defeated by a bell how is there only me to run this place alone... what's this?!

The Everfree is wild and it's dangers are untamed,

When Discord's in his rightful place then all shall fear my name!

For far too long, I think

This place has just been riddled with disease,

And finally I'm free and I can do just what I please...

The screams! The looks!

They'll be begging me to go!

But I intend to stay... a while.

The chaos magic's taken hold of me

You'll learn respect cause Discord's free!

I want it, how I want it!

I want it for my own!

So bring it on and do your worst!

Where is is this place it all begins?!

WHERE... IS.... THIS?!"

It was then that he found himself on the edge of the village, a sign depicting exactly what he wanted to see.

PONY TOWN: POPULATION 157

A smile crossed his lips. "Pony Town? That'll work."

Back up at the castle, Luna and Celestia had been watching the entire chaotic display, and with a single glance, they knew just what they had to do.

"The Elements?" Celestia asked.

"The Elements," Luna agreed.

Author's Note:

What's this?!

FOUR story updates in one day AND the very first parody song.. or song in general... that I've ever written for a fanfic?
THAT'S AN ACADEMY RECORD!