• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 5,748 Views, 381 Comments

Goodnight Woon - lunabrony



Filly Celestia. Filly Luna. Stories of the past featuring Luna, Celestia and Discord. Grab your insulin, my friends. Diabeetus is coming your way. You want something life threateningly adorable? Look no further.

  • ...
9
 381
 5,748

Micro: Godzilla

Author's Note:

I don't even know anymore. I'm leaving for Bronycon tomorrow and I had to write SOMETHING. So... yeah. Here's this.

An elaborate dance sequence was taking place, perfectly synchronized and choreographed. By which of course meant that absolutely nopony had practiced it or in fact knew it was going to happen at all, it just sort of did. A set of pegasuseseses leaped and twirled over the purple unicorn standing on a table in the middle of Ponyville in front of her library, her eyes shimmering and her heart full of ignorance towards anything bad that could possibly happen.

"Morning in Ponyville shiiiiiiines," she sang, jumping off the table and onto the ground. She trotted forward, flanked (no pun intended) on either side by two other unicorns, who matched her movements and provided background support, as Applejack had been unavailable. "And I know for absolute certain, that everything is certainly-"

"KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!"

Her song silenced by the sudden, awful noise, Twilight was aghast. "What in the world?!" She began, turning around to try and identify what creature had interrupted her musical number. Her eyes widened in shock as she beheld the monstrosity approaching the outer walls of Ponyville. It was ugly and green, its mottled skin scaled and broken by clumps of growing spikes. Bright purple eyes shone with rage, and it stomped forward one one of it's stubby legs.

Ponies had seen it now, and were running fear for their lives in all directions. The majority were running away from it, screams echoing in all directions. Twilight ran towards the behemoth, her interrupted song already forgotten, eyes narrowed and horn glowing, ready for action. She fully intended to lecture this thing if not take it out completely, and wasn't about to let it destroy her home. The lizard roared again and swiped forward with its claws, taking out a chunk of someone's roof.

Twilight dodged debris, and suddenly Pinkie was overhead, moving forward with lightning speed on some sort of wires. The wires appeared at first to be coming out of a device on her back, but she was moving through the air too quickly to be able to say for sure.

"Nein, wir sind der Jäger!" Pinkie yelled excitedly.

Twilight stomped her hoof. "Pinkie! We're not doing that!"

The party pony untangled from the device and retracted the wires, plummeting towards the ground at dangerously breakneck speeds. Twilight cringed, but Pinkie slowed to a halt right before he hit the ground and floated the last few inches like a feather.

"We're not?" She asked.

"No! We're doing Godzilla!"

"Oh! Okie dokie!" She threw a hoof across her forehead and swooned. "Aiii! Is Godzirra!" She screamed, before taking off in a different direction. Twilight groaned in exasperation, and rushed forward between the monster's green legs. She grabbed a hold of the device that Pinkie had dropped, instead using the wires to run in circles around the lizard's legs. The monster didn't like this, and roared in anger once more.

"KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!"

It swiped at her, but missed. Twilight ran out of reach, and the lizard took a step forward to pursue her. Its legs wound with wire, it lost its balance and begun to fall forward, arms thrashing, fury and hate in its large purple eyes. The ground was getting closer and closer now, just a few more inches and-

"You're so scary, Gummy!" Pinkie said, watching her alligator. The reptile was motionless except for the occasional blink, standing surrounded by wooden building blocks that a foal might play with. She'd brought them out in an attempt to inspire her pet to be more creative, but it didn't seem to be working.

"What are you thinkin' about? Are you thinking about cake?" Pinkie gasped. "Me too! Oh! Oh! Let's go make one!" She bolted into the kitchen, leaving her alligator to wonder just what in the world was wrong with her.