• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 956 Views, 9 Comments

Omnivorous - HoneyGlen



A teenage girl wakes up in a land populated by herbivores.

  • ...
4
 9
 956

Chapter 2: A Nightmare, or a Dream Come True?

What is the meaning of life? Scientists have pondered this age old question since… a really long time ago. Is it freedom? Love? Or maybe money? We have never known- until today. Join Doctor Hedge as he tells you of an exciting tale about his brother's ambidextrous rattlesnake that slipped on a blueberry last Tuesday. Gah! This. Is. So. BORING!

My mind was slowly decaying from the sheer blandness of the empty abyss I was trapped in. After the first several… hours of screaming, I went through several stages of shock, panic, anger, and depression. Now I was in the worst stage of all- calmness. With nothing to do, I was now suffering from extreme boredom- hence the random nonsensical thoughts.

If this is Heaven, your sucking big time. If this is Hell… your doing a wonderful job, have a stick of gum and some lint. Whoops, that's right- I left them in the jeans pocket on my body. If I could just quickly… No I'm not going to take my body back! Art thou accusing me of trickery?! -Dramatic gasp- Thou ART! Thou have accused me of trickery! Prepare to die!

Hahaha! Thou shalt accuse no more, foul beast! Huzzah! Now to… to… oh pooh.

Hmm, maybe, just maybe, there's is a way out of this limbo. But how? I'm pretty sure I can't move. Souls don't move, or do they? I can't feel anything, not even gravity. And I can't see anything I could possibly move to- it's pitch black. Smell, hearing, tasting, all no. So my five senses aren't working. Well what about my sixth sense?

What is the sixth sense? All I know from the movies is that it let's you sense ghosts. That might help me if I knew how to use it. Well, how did I use the other five? Sniff, open my eyes, lick, make contact with something, and… turn on the radio? Dunno for that hearing one. Maybe the sixth sense can't be used physically, but mentally. That shouldn't be a big problem, considering the fact that I don't have my body and there's nothing here to distract me. Ok, now what do I do? Repeat "I want to see something" over and over again? It's worth a try. Ok, here it goes. I want to see something, I want to see something, I want to see something, I want to see something, I want to see something, I want to see something, I- hey, I see something!

A little to the right of me was a small speck of light. I couldn't see any more specks, and I didn't know how I was seeing it without eyes, but that one speck of light filled my soul up with a renewed strength. And then, as if I was moving, the speck centered in my field of vision, and it was getting closer with each second I spent waiting for it. That little speck was now a wall of light that consumed my vision, but it never hurt.

This is pretty awesome. And… I feel warm. I feel warm! I feel- and I can smell grass! Grass! And I can feel it! Oh, how it feels so good! I can here voices too. They sound a bit funny, but they're voices. HEY! CAN YOU HERE ME?! HELLO?

The voices got louder, but I still couldn't make them out. I kept calling, but it was in vain. Darn it, they can't here me, whoever they are. But the grass still feels good. So, so good. I could roll in this stuff all day after that twilight zone. Hey! The light's fading!

My panic was thankfully short lived, because I soon found that it wasn't the complete darkness again, it was that type that you see when your eyes are closed. My eyes were closed.

I opened my eyes, and beheld two huge pink ones. Of course, I screamed, and screaming caused the owner of the two eyes to back up, which let me see them.

Berry Punch?

I screamed again but was cut short by her hoof in my mouth.

"Be quiet! You're going to wake all of Canterlot up!" She whispered scoldingly. My mind didn't seem to be comprehending much at the moment though. Actually, it probably combusted, and this is all just a freaky hallucination. I was never murdered, I'm in bed sleeping peacefully. It's a dream. It's just a really, really, vivid dream. Those words made sense to my mind, but they rang false in my heart. That was Berry Punch. A background pony from My Little Pony; Friendship Is Magic.

"Listen, I'm sorry for startling you. I don't mean any harm, okay? Do you promise not to scream if I take my hoof out of your mouth?"

I instinctively nodded my head, and she removed her hoof. After helping me up, she held out her hoof.

"Hi, my name's Berry Punch." My staring must have unnerved her a bit because her smile began to grow fake. I mentally shook myself out of my daze and shook her hoof.

"It's nice to meet you Berry Punch. My name's Diana Carnation."

Author's Note:

Are people seeing this yet? : ( Derp levels have reached their max. If you guys have, CFFL. Also, sorry for the massive edits I've been doing.

CFFL (Commenting, Favoriting, Following, and Liking) is rewarded with the magic of friendship. Arrivederci!
~ Honey Glen : )

Comments ( 7 )
JBL

Break up dat big ole block of text, if you will...

Using your when you mean you're... y wud u do dat? :raritydespair:

........just go visit a gryphon girl. they eat meat.

3851747 Thanks for the comments and for notifying me of that. I'll make sure to fix any "your"s in there and break up the paragraphs a little bit. And sorry for how short the first two chapters were. The first one was actually from an assignment in English class, and I didn't really wasn't to mess with it too much. My second chapter was a big misunderstanding with the Publish button. I didn't know that what I had published was being seen; I thought that submitting it allowed others to see it.:twilightblush: I felt bad for editing the chapter over and over again, so I ended it. That was a bit of a let down for myself as well, so I hope I can successfully do a chapter with 1500+ words without school getting in the way.
Thanks again! ~Honey Glen

I like it so far, you don't find that many women in equestria fan fics these days

Word of advice: add in some more detail. Some people consider 1000 word chapters to be the bare minimum of quality writing. If these two chapters were each twice as long, the story would probably have five times as many likes, just because more people would give it a chance.

Login or register to comment