• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 379 Views, 0 Comments

The Changeling's Attack On Cloudsdale - captinalex1



A nice and summer day turns to war after one arrow has been shot. Its up to a few heroes to safe Equestria before Chrysalis has the chance to take over. But with the collapse of Cloudsdale will they be able to.

  • ...
 0
 379

Chapter 5: The Mare Who Saved Me

A few minutes pass and i'm still breathing. I open one eye and look down at my chest. “The blade is still positioned inches away from me.”
I then open my other eye only to find that he is staring at me, frozen like something huge happened behind me.

I turn my head only to see nothing. “Um, you gonna execute me or just have me hang in your hoof?” I ask. But he says nothing. All of a sudden, I feel his grip release and I fall to the ground with him. All I do is lay there flat on my belly.

As I lay, I turn my head up to see forward. “What the hell was that? Wait, whats a throwing knife doing in his neck. I didn't throw it, and my teammates stayed in cover?!” I ask myself in shock.

Then out of the shadows I see a pony covered in a snowy mist trotting towards this way. “H...hello? B-Budder, Apple, is that you?”

“No, its neither of them” The mysterious Ice pony says.

“W-Wait that voice, Blue... Blue Mist is that you?!” I ask.

“Wait, ALEX!!” The pony gallops over and comes to my aid. “Alex it is you?!”

“Mist, what are you doing here. I-its too dangerous...” She cuts me off as she puts her hoof on my mouth to quiet me down. I also start to blush a little.

“Don't worry Alex, I got this. And you're forgetting, I have Ice powers.” She starts but then I notice her ear twitch.

Mist then pulls a pistol out and aims it at me. “ALEX, GUN!” She yells and I get down. Then she fires. I look back only to see a changeling fall. “That was close.” I tell her.

“A bit too close.” She tells me.

“Wait what about all the other changelings and the ships that are in the air?” I ask Blue Mist.

“Alex look up.” She tells me. So I do and all I see is three Wonderbolt ship cruisers hovering over us ready to attack. “Blue Mist, where is the changeling ship?”

“Look right in the back.” She points.

“Oh.” I’m shocked. The ship is exploding and is headed for the ground. Then I hear a huge gun get fired, and I watch it rip a hole right through the enemy ship. Then a bright flash happens.

BOOM!

The ship explodes with fragments going everywhere. Luckily its far enough that the fragments land in an abandoned area that nopony uses for living.

I then look towards the cannon area and all you see is the changeling drop ships getting their butts out of there and flying off into the distance. Finally they disappear. “Hey Mist, are Changeling Applewing and Budder ok?” I ask worried.
“Don’t worry about them. They're fine. They are on a medical ship headed straight back to Canterlot. There, they will be brought to the infirmary and be healed of their wounds.” She tells me.

“Oh, thank Celestia.” I say in relief.

“What about you Alex, do you need to see a medic?” Mist asks.

“Mmm, Na, I’m good.” I tell her in confidence.
She picks up my hoof. “Alex, lets go back to your ship that I borrowed to get here.” Blue Mist tells me.

“Say what? you borrowed and used one of my SHIPS!” - I take a deep breath then let it out - “Sorry Mist, for snapping like that. But its just that…..” I begin to explain but she gives me a hug to stop my worrying.

“I know Alex, but sometimes you have to risk yourself for one another. Budder told me that you risked your life for them. Even you do it and don't notice.” She explains. Mist then giggles a bit, “Now come on lets go, I want to see you fly your own ship.”

I start to blush a little more, “Ok, ok.” I respond. So we start to trot towards the ship, Blue Mist still is supporting me cause I’m heavily injured from the battle.

“Ugh, finally this silly thing is over. And to say the truth, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be standing here right now. All I want to say is thank you so much.” I tell her as I open the door of the craft.

“Well of course I would come to rescue you. I can't let you die. Things just wouldn't be the same without you.” Mist tells me, trotting in with me and closing the door behind us.

I trot over to the controls and Mist sits down into a chair next to mine and hands me the keys. I take them and put the keys into the ignition and turn. The ship turns on and thrusts come from
underneath lifting it into the air. After about 15-20 minutes of flying, we finally close into what was known as Cloudsdale.

I slowly look for a landing spot. “Spitfire come in over. This is Blue Mist and Alex.” Mist orders in.

“This is Spitfire, what might you need?” Spitfire replies back.

“Can you please tell us where to land the ship.” I ask.

“Alright go north about a click from here, then locate the blue flag. There you will find Rainbow Dash waving the landing lights and just follow her from their.” Spitfire explains.

“Solid Copy.” I reply back.

So I fly the ship like told and finally find Rainbow Dash. From there, Rainbow motions us to the nearest landing platform and I finally land. I then turn the ship off and take the keys. Afterwords, Blue Mist and I open the door to the craft and trot out.
“Hello Rainbow, how you doing?” I ask.

“I'm better Alex, thanks. The collapse of Cloudsdale was catastrophic, and I bet you're about to ask how is everypony. Twilight and the others are fine, just resting in their homes. I got the worst injury. Both of my wings were severely damaged. But don't worry, it won't take that long to heal.” She tells me.

“That’s, uh good, I guess. Um, so when does the reconstruction start for Cloudsdale?” I ask.

“The last thing I was told was it’ll start tomorrow. But wait, the Royal Guard did clear all the Changelings here when you were gone and after that, we started to put the clouds back together. We have already finished the base where you're able to trot around and land but we are still working on the houses. Lets see, what else? Oh yeah, the Wonderbolts took Chrysalis to Celestia and I was told that Celestia banished Chrysalis back to Everfree Forest. So that’s news. and...” I cut rainbow off. “Ok,ok. We get it. Everything is some what back to normal. Don't worry I’ll figure out what's going on, and Rainbow Dash, you did great when I was gone.” I tell her.

“There's one important thing I do need to tell you Alex.” Rainbow Dash begins.

“And that is?” I question.

“Spitfire wanted me to let you know that Celestia is celebrating our victory at her castle. So that should be fun. All the troops will be honored at the end.” She tells me.

“Oh sweet that’s great, what do you say Alex.” Mist pitches in.

“Well, yeah I guess I cant wait, but what ever happened to Skyfire? He was in the war.” I Reply to them.

“Um, the last thing I saw, was that he soared through the sky and landed on his cloud. After that he just left. I don’t know if he’ll come to the party or not. But I did see him knocked out.” Rainbow tells me.

“I see. Well my heart beat sensor says that he’s completely fine. So I shouldn't worry. He’s more powerful than us anyway, even me.” I explain.

“Oh, where is my headquarters, by the way?” I ask Rainbow.

“I can answer that.” Mist starts.

“Your house has been built first in Cloudsdale. Its the Cloudsdale operations, and between you and me, I know where you store your blueprints so I had some really nice improvements installed. Its the least I could do for what you had to go through.” Mist explains.

“I... uh... I don't know what to say. I would never imagine you doing that.” A try speaking but am shocked for words.


“Come on Alex, lets go to your home. Also I want to patch you up before going to a royal celebration.” Mist nudges me.

So we trot over to my home, and like before, I scan my hoofs. But as the door opens, I see huge surprise. “Welcome back Alex!” All my friends shout out.

“Hey Budder, Twirl, Jake and Applewing. You guys are all right.” I jump happily.

“Yup. We've been hanging in hoping you come back in one piece.” They tell me.

“Well i'm here, but I need to get ready for the celebration. I see we have a few hours.” I tell them.

So Blue Mist and I trot into my room and she takes care of my wounds and scratches. After i'm all patched up, we trot out and get ready to leave. So we all leave together and after a few minutes we arrive. We get all the checks and are allowed to enter, even Applewing.

“Psst, Alex over here.” Applewing calls. So I trot over and ask, “What's up?”

“Ok, you know the guards that let us all in. Well I was let in too. Not complaining but just wondering? I thought they would say something.” Applewing asks.

Blue Mist trots over hearing that something is up. “Whats the matter Alex, is everything ok?” She asks.

“Well... Do you guys really want to hear what happened in the past?” I look up at them, asking.

“Yes please, it sounds interesting.” They both plea.

“Ok, its gonna be super dark. You two won't look at me as the same pony you once knew after this.” I warn them.

“Say what?! You have a dark secret.” Mist jumps surprised.

I nod looking at the floor, as the dark memories appear. “Um, can I tell you after this. Its really emotional.” I start to tear up.

“Oh, Alex don’t cry.” Blue Mist tries to comfort me.

“We can wait till you're able to. But I think I can hear the names being called.” She tells me.

So eventually my name gets called and there is clapping and medals being given out. Overall, the celebration goes well. Now its time for us to all leave, so we all do. Blue Mist, Applewing and I go to my place. I open the door and we sit down a couch.

“So Alex, can you tell us what happened.” Mist asks.

I sigh, “Yes I'll tell you.” And so, I begin.

Author's Note:

And this is the end of my first fanfic, The Changelings Attack Cloudsdale, and thank you if you've read the whole story. It really means a lot to me being my first time. I also have a plan to continue after the sentence "And So I Begin." If I received any feed back i will make sure to use it for future stories i make, and ones again thank you.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment