• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 379 Views, 0 Comments

The Changeling's Attack On Cloudsdale - captinalex1



A nice and summer day turns to war after one arrow has been shot. Its up to a few heroes to safe Equestria before Chrysalis has the chance to take over. But with the collapse of Cloudsdale will they be able to.

  • ...
 0
 379

Chapter 3: The Collapse

"Hey Budder, is that a AK-47?" Jake notices the weapon.

"Why yes It is Jake." As Budder clips and re-clips the ammo.

"Uh, what are you doing with it?" Jake asks curiously.

"Just inspecting it before using it." Budder tells him.

"Oh ok. Well I'll hang over here and....Zzz." Jake drowses out.

"Yo, dude wake up I can't hold a fort by myself." Budder says as he trots over to Jake.

Smack!

"Ow, the f*ck man, that's hurts like hell!” Jake cries out while holding his head.

Budder repeats, “I said I can't defend the fort by myself, besides its no time to sleep!”

Jake trots over and smacks Budder in the face.

“Ow, what was that for?” Budder asks.

“That was for hitting me on the back of the head!” Jake says, still in a little pain.



“Dude, I had my reason, besides we can't fail Alex. If we do, Cloudsdale will fall, then the Changelings will attack Canterlot and possibly take over all of Equestria.” Budder says, being serious.

“Ok, ok, I hear you!” Jake answers annoyed. He then trots to the window and sees a commotion near the my position.

Twirl opens the door of the Mech and I get in ready to fly us back.

“Hey Alex, I got a question for ya?” A blue Pegasus asks.

“Sure, anything Soarin.” I reply back.

“Ok, what should the Wonderbolts and I do while you go up there to defend?” Soarin asks.

“Hm, what you can do is, first take Chrysalis to the Princess Celestia. She knows what to do with ponies that are bad. You can also ask Twilight Sparkle for some support. I mean Twilight and her friends know how to wield the Elements Of Harmony. They can use that as a weapon to make a shield and possibly restore some of Cloudsdale. Oh, you should also probably hoof cuff Chrysalis. Take these my custom made handcuffs. I just want to see anypony try to break out of these. And that’s about all I know.” I explain to Soarin.

“Now if you don't mind, Twirl and I have to go now.” I close the hatch to the Mech, turn on the thrusts and take off.

Twirl and I fly as fast as we can towards Cloudsdale. As we travel back, I radio in to my sound and camera system. “Ugh, how did I know they would fight.”

“I had a reason to!" Jake yells at Budder.

“Oh ya, well if we lose… wait a minute.” Budder says startled. Then his ears twitch. “Uh, Jake, did you hear that.”

Jake’s ears start to twitch. “Yeah I hear it too.” Jake says frightened. "Where's it coming from.”

“I don't know.” Budder replies, looking around trying to identify the sounds.

All of a sudden, the base doors are breached, and Changelings start spilling in. The two ponies that were fighting each other now are on their hooves and trying to fight the real enemy.

“Aw crap!” Budder jumps surprised. He then pulls out his AK-47 and opens fire.

“What the!” Jake yells startled and scrambling to find a weapon.

“We can really use Alex, right about now!” Budder says as he begins to be overrun.

Twirl and I finally land the Mech onto the Cloudsdale floor and are exiting as fast as possible.

“Twirl take my .45 cal magnum, trust me you'll need it.” I then hand the pistol to him.

“Cool, thanks. Now lets go.” Twirl says, as he starts to gallop towards the Cloudsdale street.

I finally catch up to Twirl and we are now galloping through the streets of Cloudsdale avoiding most Changelings.

"We're almost there Alex.....hey, oof!" Twirl gets tackled by a Changeling.

"Twirl, Twirl you ok!" As I stop and gallop over to help.

"Get off me you!"

Click, Boom!

Twirl kills the Changeling and gets back up.

"Nice shot Twirl." As I support him.

"Thanks Alex and no Changeling will take me down. Let's keep going." The red colt tells me.

"Right." I acknowledge.

We make it to the base and the first thing you hear is a pony screaming for help.

"Help!" Jake yells.

I pull out my hidden blade and lunge at the Changeling. - Stab - as the bug falls. "You Ok Jake?!" I ask.

"Yeah, now that you're here." He replies scared.

Also seeing that Budder is here, I get curious as to when he got here. "Budder, when did you get here?" I ask.

"Well, when you were down on the battlefield, I came to ask for a weapon and saw that only Jake was here. So I decided to stay." He tells me as he fights a Changeling.

"Oh, Ok." I reply. But before I get to fighting, I notice that the mane six, Twilight Sparkle, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Flutter Shy, are here in Cloudsdale. That tells me that they can help push the Changelings back.

After seeing them, I quickly get back to what I was doing, which is fighting with, Twirl, Jake and Budder. As we begin to slash and fire away at the changelings something is amiss. We finally kill all of them. But then,

BOOOOOOM!

Cloudsdale is hit.

I feel the hit, but what's scary is that we start to tip and angel downwards. "Uh,uh what's going on?" Twirl asks scared and running to me to feel secure.

"If I had to guess” - I swallow - “Cloudsdale is about to go into a free fall!" I tell him.

"WHAT!?" Everyone cries as they hear what I tell Twirl.

We then hear another hit, and all of a sudden, we start to turn and Cloudsdale enters its free fall.

"Shit!" I cry. "Twirl, quick, hold on to me. I won't let you get hurt!" I speak with a worried voice.

“Hold on! Where is Mist?” I cry worried. I then look to my left and I see that their is a ship missing. “I only beg that she took it.”

I then look over on the other side and I see Jake and Budder holding on to each other. Then I yell, "Budder why don't you deploy a bubble shield now.”

“I don't think that's gonna work that well!" he shouts back.

"I don't care. I'm ready to try anything to save us!" I yell back. But its to late.

CRAAAAAASSSSSHHH!

Cloudsdale hits the ground. The base of operation, the houses of the Pegasi, destroyed.

After the dust clears, I try to move, but for a second I can't. So I give my body another few seconds. I can then feel my strength returning and I slowly get up. Then I limp over to pickup my assault rifle and a Energy Sword. I clip the sword to my right hoof, and I clip the rifle behind me. I also pick up a magnum and clip that to my left hoof.

I notice Budder twitch, so I trot over to check and see if he is alive. "Hey, Budder you alright?" I ask worryingly.

"Grr…..Alex is that you?" He asks in pain.

"Yeah it's me Budder." I reply as I try helping him up.

After he is up and on his hooves, I notice Twirl laying by some debris and I gallop over to see if he is hurt.

As I check on Twirl, Budder is limping over to check on Jake.

"Twirl, Twirl you do you hear me?" No reply. So I immediately go over to look for a pulse. I can feel a pulse so he is breathing, but is out cold.

I look around the debris and think. But then I notice something. “Hm, huh, the Mane Six!?” Shocked, I quickly trot over and check on them. “Hm Twilight made a magic shield just in time because all I see is minor injury.”

I then hear some pony land behind me. I quickly get my hidden blade out. Turn around to see that's it's only Princess Celestia. "Oops, sorry about that." I tell her as I retract my blade in shame.

"Oh, mighty fine. You were just ready for anything." She replies back. Her ears then drop as she asks, "how are they?"

"Well, they're ok, just knocked out is all." I respond back.

"Alex!” - Budder interrupts - “Jake is ok as well, but we have a problem.”

"Whats the problem Budder?" I ask with small shock.

"Look up their." As he points to the big ship above.

"What the?! A Changeling Hive ship?!" I question. "Ok, Budder, you and I are going to board it. And we are going to destroy it internally." I tell him.

"Ok, just let me get armed up and we'll head out." He replies back. "Wait are you guys thinking of taking out that ship?" The Princess interrupts. "Yeah!" Budder and I answer back simultaneously.

"Are you guys sure you want to go through with it?" She asks.

"Well but of course, we're able to handle them." I reply to Celestia. "Budder let's move out." I tell him.

"Yes sir!" Budder acknowledges.

We go and trot off, leaving Celestia and everyone else. “Good luck my young colts.” She says out loud as Budder and I trot away.