• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 327 Views, 0 Comments

Fallen Stars - twistedsteelpony



Are changelings evil? Can being an outcast leave a pony with a mind open enough to find out?

  • ...
 0
 327

Obsidian

Obsidian was afraid. A fear so powerful, her heart pounding, adrenaline racing through her, she ran through the castle. No pony was around.

The shadow of darkness followed her.

Every step away she took seem to bring it closer. She ran through empty halls and corridors. The armored ponies flight brought her to the great atrium of stars, it's enchanted roof reflecting the night sky just as Luna always made it, beautiful and endless.

Dark clouds obscured the magical starscape as the as the presence seemed to chase her into the room. No doors opened, no windows were ajar, yet a great wind swept through the large room.

Obsidians mane and tail flowed wild. Her gaze darted around, seeking what chased her.

Erie lights lit the walls. Bright green fire set her nerves on edge as it raced around the corners of the room. The unreal blaze faded slowly.

A soft and constant blue light replaced it. A doorway of light opened in the air in front of obsidian.

She planted her hooves as if to stand her ground in front of the enemy.

A tall shadow crossed the brightly lit portal and as the light faded the shadow became Luna.

Obsidians breath caught, fear gripped her, but the site of her friend comforted her far more.

Luna stepped forward cautiously the nightmare around her foreign in detail but familiar in theme
“Take heart my friend, this spectre cannot hurt you”

“Your highness,” Obsidian came to attention” I... I know it's a nightmare. Thank you for visiting me. I do not wish for my fears to disturb you”

“What is it you fear, my friend?” Luna eased her posture, as the room and the dream cleared. The night sky once again hung above them bright with stars.

“Something, I cannot change.” Obsidian took a step closer, to her friend and reached out to her.

The alicorn embraced the ranger in a hug and held tight for a long moment. I am certain you could do anything if you set yourself to it.”

I will certainly accomplish anything you set me to highness. My own goals are often far more elusive.
Obsidian looked around her and, with a thought, shifted the dream.

The two ponies now stood in a courtyard. The unfiltered night sky above them and several small sitting areas spread in front of them. Obsidians silver armour and blue cloak fade around her.

Luna led the familiar way, as they both walked to their favorite comfortable cushions. “You have command of your dreams. Why do you run in fear when you could imagine this darkness away?”

“This darkness is not so easy to clear from my mind.” Obsidian lay back and looked up.

A bright moon lit her face and the small tears that gathered at the corners of her eyes

“You need not bear this alone.” Luna's concern broke her normally smooth voice

“It's a monster from my childhood. I know it cannot reach me now. I know it's an illogical fear.” Obsidian straightened her posture and drew her expression neutral.

“Well I may not be able to help you get over this,” Luna sighed, “but I can stay with you.”

The two friends relaxed together layed back and closed their eyes.

Luna's concern for her friend ebbed slowly. Her desire to help Obsidian as strong as any she felt.

The changeling, suppressed and denied, raged.

Author's Note:

Ok so past tense for a flashback, is that a bad idea?
Idk, I'm really nearing an editor, maybe someone to just share the story

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment