• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 571 Views, 4 Comments

Equestrian Poniestales - Flatland



Twilight entertains the cutiemark crusaders with the help of a poniestale collection.

  • ...
 4
 571

Sweetie Bell and the helpful mares

Sweetie Bell and the helpful mares

Once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away there was a king, he had heard words about a ship that could move both on water, land and even through the air. The king wanted a ship like that, so he had it be known that whoever could make him such a ship would receive the prince and half the kingdom, many tried to make the ship but no pony succeeded.

Then it happened that the news about the ship reached a small house in a little town far away from where the king lived. In that house there lived 3 unicorn sisters, Diamond Tiara, Silverspoon and Sweetie Bell. When they heard about the ship Diamond Tiara decided she wanted to try to build such a ship so she packed her saddlebag with food and went towards the forest.

On her way there met an old Unicorn. When the Unicorn saw Diamond Tiara she asked: “Where are you going?” “To the forest to build a tray for my pet pig.” Diamond Tiara answered. “Tray it shall be.” The Unicorn said before asking: “What do you have in your saddlebags?” “Dirt.” Diamond Tiara answered. “Dirt it shall be.” The Unicorn then said. Diamond Tiara continued to travel towards the forest without thinking more about the old unicorn.

After a while more of walking Diamond Tiara reached the forest, here she started to build the ship. But no matter what she did all she was able to make was Trays. After a while Diamond Tiara got bored of this and sat down to eat her food. But when she opened her saddlebags all she found was dirt. The Diamond Tiara got angry, threw her saddlebags away and went home.

The Day after Silverspoon wanted to give it a try so she packed her saddlebags with all kind of tasty snacks and went towards the forest.

On her way she met an Old Unicorn. And just as with her sister the Unicorn asked her: “Where are you going?” “To the forest to build a bucket for washing the floor.” Silverspoon answered. “Bucket it shall be.” The Unicorn said before continuing: “What’s in your saddlebags?” “Dirt.” Silverspoon answered. “Dirt it shall be.” The Unicorn said before they parted ways.

A short while after Silverspoon arrived in the forest. Here she started to make the ship. But no matter what she did all she was able to make was bucket. After a while Diamond tiara got bored of this and decided to eat lunch. But when she opened her saddlebags all she found was dirt. Then Diamond Tiara got mad and threw her saddlebags away before traveling back home.

The Day after Sweetie Bell wanted to give it a try. Her sisters laughed at her, she who didn’t even have her Cutiemark was going to be able to do what they weren’t able to? But sweetie Bell was not going to back down she got her saddleback and filled it whit what little food was left and went towards the forest.

On her way she met the same old Unicorn and just like her sister the unicorn asked sweetie Bell: “Where are you going?” But unlike her sister Sweetie Bell was an honest pony and told the Unicorn the truth. “I am going to the forest to try to build a ship that can travel both at sea, land and in the air. Because the king has promised a reward of the prince and half the kingdom to whoever can manage that.” She said, to be precise. The Old Unicorn then asked her: “what do you have in your saddlebags?” and sweetie Bell answered: “Not anything to brag about, but it was supposed to be lunch.” “Share some of your lunch with me and I will help you.” The old unicorn said. That sounded like a good deal to Sweetie Bell and she sheared what little she had with the old Unicorn. “As Thanks for your generosity I am going to tell you what to do, go to the oldest tree in the forest, use your magic on it and then go to sleep, but you must under no circumstance open your eyes before I say it I ready. “ The old Unicorn said. Sweetie Bell thanked the old unicorn for the tip and left towards the forest.

When Sweetie Bell reached the forest she did as the old Unicorn said. She found the oldest tree in the forest and used her unicorn magic on it. The Sweetie Bell lay down to sleep. In her sleep Sweetie Bell could hear sound of construction, but just as the old Unicorn had told her she stayed asleep until the Old Unicorn came to wake her up. When she woke up she saw a sight that took her breath away, the ship was standing ready right in front of her. “now you shall take this ship to the king and everypony you meet you shall bring with you.” The old Unicorn said. Sweetie Bell once again thanked the old Unicorn before she boarded the ship and started her journey towards the Castle.

After traveling for a while Sweetie Bell noticed an earth pony who had a Cutiemark that looked like a plate of food was sitting in what had once been a rockslide and eating stone. “Who are you and why are you sitting here eating stone?” Sweetie Bell asked the mare. “Oh I am so hungry that no amount of apple and hay are going to be able to feed me, so I have to do with this stone.” The mare said. “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and she packed her saddlebags with a couple of stones for eating and they continued to travel.

After traveling for a while they found a Unicorn with a cup of sider as a cutiemark that was lying in the sun and liked the top of a bottle. “Who are you and why are you laying here licking a bottle?” Sweetie Bell asked the mare. “I am so thirsty that I can drink all the sider in the world and still be and when there is no sider I have to do with the bottle.” The Pony said. “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and she took her bottle with him.

After the group had travel a little while longer they found a Pegasus with a wing cutiemark. He was flapping his wings to stay in the air while having heavy lead weights tied to his hooves. “Who are you and why are you fighting to stay in the air while having heavy lead weight tied to your hooves?” Sweetie Bell asked. “I am such a fast flyer, that if I didn’t have these lead weights tied to my hooves I could travel to the end of the world and back in less than five minutes.” The mare said. “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and she took her lead weights with him.

After traveling a while longer the group found a Unicorn with a scope cutiemark that was aiming with her sleeping dart gun. “Who are you and why are you standing her aiming?” Sweetie Bell asked her. “I am such a good aimer, that I could hoot to the end of the world.” The mare said. . “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and she took her sleeping dart gun with her.

After traveling even longer the group found another Earth Pony this one had an ear as a cutiemark and was laying with her head to the ground. “Who are you and why are you laying here with your head to the ground?” Sweetie Bell asked the Mare. “I got so good hearing that I can hear the grass grow. “ The Mare answered. . “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and boarded the ship.

After traveling even further Sweetie Bell noticed a Unicorn with a season cutiemark that was standing with one hoof in front of his mouth. “Who are you and why are you standing with a hoof in front of your mouth?” Sweetie Bell asked. “I got seven summers and seventeen winters in my belly and if I let them all out at the same time they will end the world, so no wonder I am holding my hoof in front of my mouth.” The mare said. . “Well, I am going to the caste to try and win the prince and half the kingdom and I might need someone like you. Maybe you would be interested in joining me.” Sweetie Bell said, the mare would like that very much and he boarded the ship.

After a little while of traveling they finally arrived at the castle and Sweetie Bell entered the throne room to claim her reward. “Now the ship is standing outside my king and I am awaiting my reward.” Sweetie Bell said. But the king didn’t think much of sweetie Bell; she was just a little filly who didn’t even have her cutiemark. “Well first I need you to eat all the hay and apples in the cellar. You have one night to do it.” The king said. “Well I will try, but I hope I can bring with me one of my friends.” Sweetie Bell said. The king had no problems with that, as he was certain there was enough food for all of them.

Sweetie Bell took with her the mare that ate rocks and the king locked them into the cellar. When the kings men came to open the cellar they day after there was no Apples or Hay left. But the king was still not happy amd he told Sweetie Bell: “I got a sider cellar I need emptied first and you have one night to do it. “ “Well I will try, but I hope I can bring with me one of my friends.” Sweetie Bell said. The king had no problems with that, as he was certain there was enough Sider for all of them.

Sweetie Bell took with her the mare that liked the bottle the king locked them into the cellar. But just like last time when the kings men came to open the cellar the next morning there was no Sider left. But the king was still not satisfied. “First I need water from the end of the world to for my tea in ten minutes.” The king said. “Well I will try, but I hope I can bring with me one of my friends.” Sweetie Bell said. The king had no problems with that, as he was certain it was an impossible task.

Out in the courtyard Sweetie Bell gave a bucket to the mare that could fly to the end of the world and back in 5 minutes and told her to get the water. She took of the lead weights and flew away. But time went by and when there was 3 minutes left the Pegasus still hadn’t returned. Then Sweetie Bell called on the mare that could hear the grass grow and asked her to try and hear what was wrong. “He has fall asleep and the trolls are singing songs to keep him like that. The Sweetie Bell called on the mare with the sleeping dart gun and asked him to shoot the troll. When he did the bang woke up the Pegasus at the end of the world and he flew back as fast as he could and there was still one minute to go when he returned. But the king still wasn’t satisfied. I got a night worth of coal I need to burn, you will have to take care of it first.” The King said. “Well I will try, but I hope I can bring with me one of my friends.” Sweetie Bell said. The king had no problems with that, as he was certain it would be warm enough for all of them.

Sweetie Bell took with her the mare with seven summers and fifteen winters in her belly and the king locked them in. “Now you could let out a couple of winters, so we get a comfortable temperature in here.” Sweetie Bell said. The mare did as she was asked. But as the night went by it started get cold. “You will have to let out a couple of summers.” Sweetie bell said and so the mare did. As the morning came Sweetie Bell saw the king walk up towards the house. “No you need to let out a couple of winters again, but make sure to save one and let it out right in the face of the king.” Sweetie Bell said. When the King came and opened he found Sweetie Bell and the mare cold and shaking and just as he enters the mare released the last winter right in the face of the king. “Can I have my reward now?” Sweetie Bell asked. Now the King had given up and he granted Sweetie Bell her request.

And the Sweetie Bell and the prince lived happily ever after.

“The End” Twilight said before looking over at the three fillies sleeping quietly in their bed. Twilight smiled, this night didn’t end up too bad after all. “Goodnight” Twilight whispered to her assistant sleeping in his little dragon bed. The she walked over to her own bed laid down and fell asleep.

Note from the author:

Thanks for reading my story, to be honest this started as an exercise in writing fairytales, but after writing the first part I figured I could just go with it and write a story around it and that is how this fic ended up. Anyway, thanks for sticking out with my bad grammar for what should now be around 4-5 thousand words. Please leave some feedback in the comment field bellow so I know what I can do different if I want to write another fic in the future.

Comments ( 1 )

You did a good job and should be proud :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment