• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Revenge Ending: Changed Mind: Chapter 30: Bright Side of Death

Revenge Ending: Changed Mind

Chapter 30

Bright Side of Death

When Inn awoke from her pain induced nap, she looked around. She felt disoriented, and lost. Seeing the bloody corpse of Moonstone brought it all back to her. As she coughed, she watched the pool of blood inch closer to the shiny wall.

Then another thing clicked. There was a ‘no longer necessary’ note left for her friends. At least, it was no longer relevant. She had to do something about that letter. Looking at the shadows, she saw that it was still fairly early in the morning.

Inn painfully worked her way to her hooves. She staggered around, walking slowly and poorly to her hut. She could not go fast at all, her coughing was forcing her to stop. When the coughs were really bad, she had to lean against a tree.

She never knew just how long this could take until now. It was four hours later, and she was still only halfway there. Inn was working herself so much that the coughing was getting worse as the minutes passed by.

Inn looked down at the blood she just coughed up. “Heh.. heh... heh heh... I'm l-l-eave a t-tr-trail... of blood h-home.”

She continues her way back, watching as the shadows change directions. She was thinking of all the things she would never be able to do. She would never have foals. She would never have a husband. She is never going to be able to say sorry for how she’s acted lately.

Inn was thinking faster than she ever had. For this, she began to think that she was dwelling on it for too long. Tried to think of what she did do with her life.

She meet the princesses. She learned at least thirty spells. She flew around the world. She is the fastest flying earth pony. She got friends. She had dragons quaking in her presence. She saved an entire town.

Inn now felt at ease. She has just one thing left to do... take care of that letter.

She had been going back and forth with these things so much, she did not notice that she was in eye sight of her hut. She sees more than the dragon scale walls though, she sees Twilight standing by the door.

Inn falls down on the ground. She tries to crawl, but is losing her strength fast. Twilight sees this, and rushes to Inn. Twilight looks at Inn's coat, the crimson still showing up brightly in the night glow.

“Inn?! What's wrong?! Where are you hurt?” asked Twilight as she tried to find the cause of the blood on Inn's legs and underside.

Inn coughs, then says, “I... I didn't do i-it. I was... g-going t-to, but I-I found a-a-another way.” She coughs some more. “B-but that d-didn't work s-s-so well.” She tried to smile, but she was too weak to do so.

“Didn't do what? What happened?” Twilight tried to hold Inn, but saw that it hurt her.

“Oh... you d-d-didn't read the n-note. Heh, heh. W-well... long s-story sh-short... I'm dieing.” Inn was getting so weak, that she was now no longer able to hold her head up. “The st-stalli-on that can b-bring me b-back from th-the dead... is d-dead.”

“No, you can't die! It's too soon for you to die!” Twilight's voice was showing that she was about to cry.

“No... ch-c-cheer up... d-don't cry... be h-happy for l-life is qu-quite absurd... d-death is the l-last word... I-I am facing the c-curtain with a g-grin. F-forget the p-past... and th-think about t-the rest. Enjoy them... as i-if it were y-your last ch-chance t-t-to.” Inn starts lose consciousness, but drifts back. “And... a-always loo-ook on the br-bright side... of de-death. Just, like m-me... who’s... about... to draw... a final... breath.”

=============

Twilight now sat there with her friend lying dead in the grass. She begins to cry, but then things about the letter that was mentioned. Twilight Sparkle goes to the door and reads:

To my friends,

I am sorry to say, but I am leaving. I am about to do something horrible and against the law. I feel it to be the right thing though. I imagine that I'll be long gone by the time you read this. Please don't worry, I know I can make it out there somewhere other than the Everfree and Equesteria. This is not easy, to leave such good friends, but I think that this might be better than seeing me hauled off to the moon for murder. I am going to kill a murdering pony that was banished before, and still kills. This is the only way.

Good bye,
Inn

Twilight cried. She put the note in the hut and looked around. She found a bag, which she then uses to hold the paper. On Twilight's way out, she sees Inn laying there. She looks back into the room. Twilight levitates Inn inside, next to the bookshelves. She rests Inn in a curled up ball.

Twilight Sparkle takes one last look at her lifeless friend, and heads back to the library.

=============

Twilight makes it back to her library. She stops at the door and takes a few breaths before entering. When Twilight Sparkle does enter, her faithful assistant, Spike, was right there to greet her home.

“Welcome hom-, wow, were you crying. Your eyes are really red.” The baby dragon looks about Twilight some more. “Hey, what's up with the bag?”

Twilight levitates the bag off, and into the corner. “I'm going to bed, good night Spike.” She sounded so sad as she spoke.

Now Spike knew that something was up. Twilight does not bring home stray bags, or go to bed before him. He could see she was upset about something, and thought if it was a good idea to talk to her or not. He went with good idea.

Following her up stair, he asks, “What's up Twilight? You never go to bed before me.”

She just continues up the stairs.

“Come on Twi, it's me, your best most faithful assistant Spike, you can tell me.”

When Twilight Sparkle got to her bed, she answers, “Inn's dead.”

“Inn? Oh, that white pony monster?”

Twilight gets under her blankets and covers up. “Yes... her. She is a friend that died in front of me.”

Spike tries to think of something that can help. “Well, you got to see her before then right? You got to hear her last word an all. Isn't that something?”

She pulled the covers over her head. “Yes, but they was such dreary and sad words.”

“Ah, well think of this, at least you won't be bothered by her acting weird.” Spike thought that he just made a mistake with that one.

Twilight Sparkle's fast breathing slowed down. She sat up keeping the blanket on herself. “You... you know, you're right. She said something like that too.” She walked down the stairs. When her and Spike were at the bottom, she said, “Spike, take a letter!”

“Ah okay. So you got a report for Celestia then?”

“Dear Princess Celestia,

I have learned recently that, yes life is great and you should live life to it's fullest, but life can also be of little concern. When you look at it, life's a laugh and death's a joke really. It's like a show, keep the audience laughing as you go. Always remember to see the good in life, as well as it's opposite. Look at the good side of them. Always look on the bright side of life. Always look on the bright side of life. Always look on...” Spike noticed that Twilight was just going to keep repeating herself, and put a claw on her shoulder.

“Do you want me to send it, or do you want to keep this one?” asked the baby dragon.

“Yes, let's send this one, but not now, tomorrow.”

The little dragon went to pick up the bag that Twilight brought home. Seeing how light it was, he opens it to see if it was empty. A letter fell out. He picks it up and reads it. “Hey Twilight, it looks like she died trying to help ponies. That's good right?”

Twilight looks to the floor. “She says that she didn't do it. She was trying something else, and it failed. I guess her and the killer she talked about are dead. That or some other pony died too.”

“Well then she didn't go down a killer.”

“Well she-... thanks for the helping Spike. I think I should go to bed.”

“Good night Twilight.”

“Good night Spike.”

=============

“Wake up. It’s a new day, time to get up!” said Moonstone, as he was trying to shake Inn awake.

Inn slowly got up. She looked around and saw all the metal... she knew where she was. It wasn’t all a dream after all. She felt a little stiff all over. She thought the floor must be rough to make her feel so bad after only one night. She saw Moonstone and got frightened, he looked different. Inn tried to shake this off as a possible thing that Moonstone can do, change his fur patches. “Oh, my...” she began, trying to think of a body part to start complaining about first.

“Oh, was the floor rough on you? Maybe you should've taken the table.”

“I s-slept okay. It wasn’t tha-” began Inn, only to fall face first to the floor. “-t bad.” She could not stand on her own.

Moonstone laughs, “Look at that, you can’t stand. Do you want some help up stairs?”

Inn looked down and blushed, “Y-yeah.”

Moonstone lifted Inn onto his back and carried her to the kitchen table, he helped her into a seat, and went of to make some tea. This time when he was making tea, Inn noticed that there was more going on. Inn tried to turn her head to see what was the cause for the extra noise, but was quickly distracted by more popping from her neck.

PreviousChapters Next