• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Unseen Marks

Chapter 13

Unseen Marks

Inn had gotten up early to report to Doctor Specter. Anguish to report about the new, exciting, and fascinating ponies she has seen, she dashed over quickly. Inn's reports can be long, but are normally short, Inn was thinking that this would be a long visit. She was wrong.

She had been skipping some of the way there, she was so happy about finding these ponies. When Inn finally stopped to press the button for the bells, she heard something in the house. It was over the bells and seemed a bit faint to begin with, but she couldn't tell what the sound was.

The door opens, showing for a brief second that Moonstone wasn't as bubbly as normal. “Oh, my my Inn! Is it time for a report? Come in!” Moonstone said, some of his words sounding a little forced.

Shrugging it off as Moonstone being Moonstone, Inn walks inside. “M-moonstone, I have seen some very n-nice ponies lately. Th-they where-” Inn said as she walked to the 'kitchen' table. She sees a large mess of metal objects scattered across the floor along with some food.

Moonstone seemed to be off in his own world. He was walking around the room thinking out loud. “If I would try this then... no maybe... blast! I know I'm missing something. What?” He didn't seem his normal chipper self.

“Ah, Moonstone, what are you d-doing?”

It was like somepony flipped a switch. “Oh, yes my little Inn? Ah, right. I just noticed that I forgot to try something in an old experiment of mine. No big deal really. Continue. What about these nice ponies you saw?” After that, somepony flipped the switch again.

“Oh, um, okay. T-these ponies where r-really nice, and I even p-played with them. I had so m-much fun!”

“Oh, if I tried that, it would work... right?” Moonstone continued his thoughts as he roamed the large room. He didn't avoid much, walking on the food and scattered plates and cups.

“Moo- Doctor? Are you a-all right?”

He switched again. “Yes my little pony of course I am.” He then continues his mindless passing.

“O-okay... well, um that's all I have f-for now. I-I'll see you next time.”

“Oh wait, aren't you going to stay for tea? I'll go make some tea.”

“I'm good th-this time. H-have a good day M-moonstone.”

As Inn made her way home, she began to think she was over analyzing it. She had never seen Moonstone actually in the moment of having an idea. Maybe she had just seen one side that was missing for her to have a more complete grasp of 'Moonstone, the curious.'

When the fake white pegasus got home, she took a quick tea break. Now that she felt energized and ready for anything, she left her hut. Not long after she was flying away, she had heard some voices. They were faint and in the distance, but getting louder.

Inn hid in some trees. Inn thought she hadn't seen all of these ponies, or at least not all of them together. At first she was shocked, not remembering everything that's happened in the past few months. There was six ponies, and she had seen five in the past week. The sight of the pony she didn't see, is the one that made her remember. A pink pony Inn had seen the night of the landslide.

This pink mare had a darker shade of pink for her mane, which was puffed by wild curls. Rainbow Dash was flying, the others were walking, with the exception of the pink one. The pink one bounced, and high. This was odd, and a little scary to Inn, but nothing worse than what she has seen before.

All the ponies were trailing behind Twilight. She must be bringing them to Inn's hut.

“Twilight, listen to me... there is this other me out here,” said Rainbow Dash, frantic and frustrated. Inn was laughing quietly at this. The fruit of her pranks should bring her some enjoyment.

Twilight chuckles slightly, “Oh yeah I'm listening, but how can I possibly believe you.”

“Yeah sugercube, if yea where beat'n in a race, then yea were beaten. There's no need ta make it seem like yea won,” added Applejack, with her own chuckle.

“Honestly dear, we know you are fabulous at flying. If another pony beat you, we'd like to this this pegasus to give our congratulations,” chimed in Rarity.

“Thanks Rarity, but I did win, but I think that she was holding back. I'm sure that she is faster than me.”

“Ha, ha, ha... yeah, I believe you Dashie!” added the bouncing pink one, waving her hooves to exclaim her declaration.

“I may not be able to account for 'double' ponies, but there is one that catches my attention...” said Rarity, looking at Applejack to hint for her to chime in.

“Oooh, yes, that pony. Ah wish yea hadn't mention... him... her... it. Ah wish to forget that basket of weirdness.”

“You two found an odd pony too. I found a family of albinos,” said Twilight.

“Alwhatas?” asked Applejack.

“Albino, it is a genetic disorder that makes it so that there is no color other than white for ones mane, coat, and tail. All white. It's rare and can not be passed on to family simply because one has it. But, well, I found not one but three. One was even an alicorn. It was as odd as it could get... and then...” as Twilight was remembering the encounters she starts to her tilt head.

“Geez, Twilight, you're like a living dictionary,” Rainbow complemented.

Inn's hushed laughter was interrupted by simple question. “Is that a marshmallow giggling in the tree?”

“Pinkie, why would a marshmallow be-” Twilight started only to stop when she looked into the tree to see a white pony looking back at them.

All the others looked to see the white pegasus shaking back at them.

Rainbow dashed to the pony, “What are you doing in that tree watching us, are you a spy?” With the two ponies nose to nose, Inn was so scared that she shook herself out of the tree. She did a side flip and flew off just before she hit the ground. “Oh no yea don't!” shouted the cyan pony darting after the white flash.

The white pony thought she was safe, miles away and in a dark cave. But then there was a, “Oh, oh, are we playing tag? Are you 'it'? Got you!” from right behind her. It was the pink pony from earlier. Inn was grabbed and then released. “Now you're it, come and get me!” Inn darted off.

Inn was flying and had no idea where to go. She had to go back to the hut to see Twilight, but how long was this going to go on? How long would she have to run from the other two? “Found you spy!” shouted Rainbow as she rapidly caught up with the white mare. “Now tell me why you were in that tree!”

Inn started to spin, as if she was having fun. A look of confusion rushed across Dash’s face. While spinning, Inn looks around and the other pegasus tries to follow, thinking that she was reversing directions. Seeing that this was not the intention, Rainbow turns around to continue the chase with the other mare. Inn then extended her legs like she was stretching. Still spinning, she did anther loop where she instead made a sharp turn when she was level to where she began. Rainbow tried to keep up, but was caught off guard by sudden turn. When Rainbow did make the turn, she found a slow white pony flying backwards. A dumfounded Rainbow Dash just watched the odd white pony as she flew back to her place practically blindfolded.

=============

The two sat in silence, Inn waiting for the others, and Rainbow Dash waiting for the odd-looking pony to finally talk. Inn and Dash where under a tree by the hut, they did not expect to see a pink blur flash before them, dangling from the tree. Nor were they expecting it to be angry.

“Ahhy, you never came to find me!” said the pink one to Inn. Inn stood up and touch the pony. There was a mild pause. “Hehe, that's cheating, you're suppose to look for me!”

“Wh-” started Rainbow, only to stop and see Twilight approaching the hut. “Twilight?”

“Oh, hi Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. How did you two find this place?”

“The spy brought me here.”

Twilight looks more closely at the white mare. “Are you a relative of Feather and Gem?”

A shy pause. “Ah, ah... ye- yes.”

“I was hoping to see Gem, is she home?” said Twilight trying to be calm, knowing how skittish Gem was.

“She's not he-he-he-here, it's j-ju-just me.” Inn ducked slightly.

Twilight has a mild look of disappointment. “Oh, well do you-”

“Twi, are we gona be waitn' for ever to meet this here pony friend of yours,” asked Applejack. She had just came from the road were the others waited as well.

“Ah, yes, sorry. I guess there is a new pony to meet. Your name is...” said Twilight, blushing.

“Yeah spy, what is your name.”
“Dash!” sculled Twilight

“Ah, ah... my, my name is Wh-White... Wing.” White Wing was cowering as she replied.

=============

A small chat among the seven began, mostly due to the quietness of White Wing. Everypony was trying to not startle the little white ball, but it seemed quite hard. The only pony that seemed to have little regard for Wing's space was Rainbow.

“What was with the acrobats before? Why did you bring me to another ponies home? What's with you?” finally asked Rainbow. Her only other comments before was to the others, things like, “I don't trust her,” and “She seems too frightened.” “Are you faking?”

Another pause from Wing. “I-I live in that hut. I have li-lived in that h-hut a-al-alone for a long time. Th-that hut belongs to only me... I, was having some fun w-with you, and my ow-own skills. I had thought th-that you might be able to keep up, I've seen your abilities before, and like them. But I do have to say it was quite funny how I kept on losing you and getting you so caught off guard. It was hard to not laugh at that moment... Blinded by determination I guess.” This was a dramatic change from how she spoke before, making everypony a but two a little unconformable and confused. Rainbow Dash seemed to be more insulted than confused, why was it so funny that she could not keep up with the spear of the moment acrobats.

Wing began to cower as she had realize the looks on the others faces, but the other unaffected pony stepped up. “Oh boy, what is wrong with, howohhowohhow did I not think of this earlier?! We still need to throw your a PARTY! Do you want to go back to Ponyville with us Wingie?” bounced, hop, skipped and flapped the pink pony of pure sugar.

“Oh, yeah, come on sugarcube. Ah think you'd like her parties,” Applejack said, giving a welcoming gesture of her hoof.

Wing just sat there shaking, more than before. “Whatever is the matter dear?” asked Rarity.

A shy shaky silence. “I'm n-no good around oth-other ponies. We scare each other.”

“Oh silly, you're not scary.” giggled the boinging, bouncing ball of wonder known as Pinkie Pie.

“That's okaay~, we can go to your place and pace the party. I always bring my quickly party bombs to get a party going nice~ and quick,” the nonstop noisy thing would not give up so quickly on having a party.

“Ah, oh, okay I guess.”

The group left the road and went to the monstrous hut.

=============

They had the party up and going for a good few minutes. Streamers were everywhere and a random disco ball was on the ceiling. A much more random jukebox was just outside the door, left open, and for some reason balloons were covering the entire ceiling the was left open from the disco ball. Inn was feeling pretty overwhelmed.

Twilight walks up to the shaking white ball in the corner near the bookshelves. “Why aren't you having fun like the others?”

“I-I... I have sl-slain monsters, only ever get-getting hurt o-once, and that p-p-pi-pink one scares me,” responded the shaking Wing. “H-h... How did she... how is... how can she...”

“Oh, trust me, just don't ask how she can do the things she can do. She is just... odd.” Twilight looked at Feather's flank. “Speaking of odd, can I ask a question, why do all the albino pony that I see have no cutie marks?” She only asked because Wing had no horn, and thus no magic to make those painful temporary cutie marks.

Wing looks at her flank, and frowns, on the outside that is, she was quite giddy with joy on the inside. “Oh, ah, does it bo-bother you... s-sorry. Let me fix that,” said Wing, wondering if she was enjoying this too much. And before Twilight could intervene with “Wait, wait... what?” there was a light from a non-existing horn and a cutie mark was born. “Ahh, the ma-mark of the p-p-pink one. I don't like this one,” pouted Wing.

A shocked, confused, and breathless Twilight was just standing there trying to think of what it was she had just seen. Just how odd are these albinos?

The mark starts to leave quickly. “Ahh~, that's b-better. F-faster th-than normal,” Wing said sounding as if she was in pain. The others were too evolved in the small party to pay enough attention to know what was happening.

=============

For a few short minutes Wing and Twilight were just sitting next to each other, Wing cowering, and Twilight looking at the collection of books. Fluttershy slowly walks to Wing.

“In... Wing we need to talk... alone, outside, if that's okay with you that is,” shyly said Fluttershy. Wing flowed her to the door.

When they got outside, they stayed close to the hut but not the door. “You're Inn right?” asked Fluttershy.

Wing nodded.

“Why do you have wings and call your self White Wing now?”

“R-remember what I said l-last time, I'm a-a spy. I needed a n-new name for m-my slightly new l-look. And well, y-you know... like I said wh-when you a-asked about the dragon, I'm s-special.”

“Yeah, about that, if you don't mind me asking... how did one pony make a hut from all these monsters anyway?”

“... I'm... Special. I c-can do it with e-e-ease. There r-really is limited danger t-to me. The worst though was the dragon.”

They made sure to be away from the door, but not the window, which had a now puzzled Rarity wondering what it was she had just heard. The three were interrupted though, the two from conversation and Rarity from her thoughts, by a pink babbling bouncing ball of energy.

“Hay! The party is... Oh!” the pure sugar pink thing sprinted to the plot of the white pony. She just stared at it for a while. The sudden disappearance of the loudest pony was soon noticed.

All the ponies were now outside looking at precarious puzzled pink pony looking at the confused white pony. “Pinkie what are you doing?” asked Twilight.

Gaze still fixed the pink sugary wonder answers, “A weird~ cutie mark. I only just now noticed it.”
“Wait! What makes it weird?” asked Rainbow Dash in a hurry.
“I couldn't see it before now.”

“Wh-what do you mean you couldn't see it before?” asked a concern and confused Twilight.

“I don't know... It blends in. It's just so weird that nopony noticed it.”

Wing looks for herself. It takes her a few minutes to see it. “Is it a fa-face... or a... m-mask?” With that the others began to take the claim seriously.

“Ah ha, see nopony noticed it! Not even the owner!” the propellant pink sugar pony bounced.

With that, every pony gathered near Wing's flank to see the allusive cutie mark. Wing looked at Twilight and Fluttershy, “I like this cutie mark.” A small shiver went up Twilight's spine.

“I think it's just wonderful,” Fluttershy said with a smile.

PreviousChapters Next