• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: Family

Chapter 16

Family

The end of the week came, and Inn still went back to her hut. She lived in the inn, but she also lived in the hut. Inn was tending the inn this morning, waiting more than working. She had some plans for the day.

A bell dinged. “Welcome to Inn, I'm Inn, this is my inn. How may I help you?”

“Hi Inn, how's business?” asked Twilight.

“Oh, just the p-pony I was waiting f-for. I'm going to leave for a w-while, do you mind watching the inn for me? I'll p-pay you,” asked Inn.

“I guess, but I have the library to tend to. Why are you leaving so soon?” she replied with a tilted head.

“Going home!” Inn said playfully.

Twilight’s eyes grew wide. “What?”

“Back to Trottingham, to see my parents.”

Twilight tilts her head again, as she raises an eyebrow. “Aren't you banished?”

Inn turned into Twilight. “Can they really banish me?”

“Oh ah, well ah, yea, I see what you mean, but you aren't going to honor it?” Twilight asked worriedly.

“I promised to show them how long I can hold a form. I don't know myself, but I did promise. On my way there I'm going to talk to the owner of the books and see if he will let you and Canterlot make a copy.” Inn paused for a minute. “Who is your teacher that is living in Canterlot anyway?”

“Oh, that's right, I never said did I.” Twilight to think if that was true or not. “It's Princess Celestia,” said Twilight in a nonchalant manner.

Inn sighed as her eyes widened, her pupils grew large, and she lost control of her transformation. She bounce, “Noway noway noway! That is to cool! Have your ever seen her? Is she nice? How is she? Is she really smart? Oh, this is too cool!”

Twilight was a little stunned by the turn of personalities. The questions where in such rapid fire, it may of be Pinkie asking her these questions, and not the shy stuttering Inn. “Ah~, I can try and see what I can do and get the princes to see you sometime. If you like that is?”

Inn fainted.

=============

Inn had made her way to the metal house. Moonstone was still trying to work on things with the experiments from before, but he was confused on things and just trying to make sense of them. Over apple cider and tea, the two talked.

“I-I ah, may be seeing the p-princes soon.”

“Oh splendid splendid! Good news indeed! How did you come by this offer to see royalty, my little pony?” said a very happy Moonstone.

“Well, o-one of the b-books you lent me, it seems to be rare. The Canterlot Library is missing it. A p-pony that knows h-her highness asked about it... and... ah... they would like to k-know if it w-would be okay to make a c-copy. They need to borrow the one you l-lent me though.”

“Oh, why of course they can use the book. Every book should be in the Canterlot library, if they don't have this one, then by all means go ahead and let them use it. Was it the pony that saw the book that got the arrangement to see Princess Celestia?”

Inn felt relieved that she did not have bad news for her friend, and the two went on to talked about all the ponies she's seen this week.

=============

Inn walked in the forest, she did not fly. She took in the sights. The old memories. The places she had slain monsters practically on her way to her hut. Like she was following a trail of blood back home. Many monsters were not useful for home making, like those Ursa Majors and Hydras. Many unfortunate killings. Pointless killings. A trail of blood to follow back home.

Finally after walking down grim memory lane for several hours the border of her home town and the forest. She turned into a stallion that was green and orange. She made the mane long and the tail short. A unicorn horn and a cutie mark of a few pink butterflies.

Inn walked into across the border, seeing the inn just ahead of her. After a slow walk, she enters her old home. Something seemed off, but she could not help the feeling.

“Hello, how are you today my good sir?” asked a stallion with a deep, worn, aged, and as if it were a demanding old teacher tone of voice.

What happened? This is Inn's dad right? How did he age so much in about three years? Is he sick? Inn kept her composure. “Oh, I'm traveling, and thought this would be a nice town to visit. Do you have a room I can stay in? I don't know how long I'll be here, but I have plenty to pay for the room.” Inn's voice was unintentionally demanding, and she spoke so softly.

Wait! What was this? Thought Inn's dad. This stallion has Inn's dad's old voice and Inn's mom's speaking patterns. On top of that, a unicorn with such a color pattern? It may not be unheard of, but it sure is rare. “Why yes there is a room open. Just give me your name, and I will show you your room.”

“Oh, my name is Spark Cog Chrysanthemum.”

Spark thought this was a joke at first, pausing to hear the real name. Slowly it sank in, “Oh, darling...” he hug Cog, “... It's been so long! You'll have to tell me what you've been up to these many years!” Tears were rolling down his face.

=============

“What?” asked Spark, confused by what Cog said.

All three were in a room talking about what would be done during this visit. “Yes yes, I know. It is a tall order, but you two are the only ones I can trust here. Not to mention the only ones I wish to see.”

“But Inn honey-” started Chrysanthemum.

“I have no fear of the other townsponies finding out who I am. Most of my time will be here with you two.”

“Okay but, how are we going to leave our duties here at the inn to watch you around the clock?” asked Spark.

“Only one has to watch me at a time, the other can stay at the counter. I'm sure that if we leave for a short time to enter town together, if you simply have a note saying something, nopony will mind.”

“Ah, okay Inn. We are just happy to see you again,” Chrysanthemum said. Spark was lost in thought at this point.

“Oh, one more thing. Nopony should know I'm here, so call me Cog. I don't think anypony knew me by that before I was... you know.”

Silence. They nodded in agreement slowly.

=============

A few weeks pass. Cog is still under surveillance by her/his parents. They are so very confused by this. Cog would enter the lobby to see what was going on ever so often. His normal place was in his room.

“Really?” asked Spark.

“Yes! I have friends! They live in Ponyville.” Cog voice didn’t betray her happiness

“That's so great!” He had a big smile, which changed to a lesser smiler, “Do they know?”

“Two do. I haven't told the others.”

“They still don't mind?” he seemed shock.

“Worried, not much more.”

He sighs, “Well, I guess that's good.”

“One even invited me to live in town after I told her.”

“Oh that's spectacular!” his voice and smile back to where it was before his depressing thought.

=============

Weeks pass. Slowly more stories of what Cog has done is told.

“Yes, not just one, but two.”

“That's so dangerous!” voiced Chrysanthemum.

“Is that where you got the gems?” asked a wide eyed Spark.

“Yes. Oh, and do you see any injuries on me? I'm fine! I can handle a puny dragon,” gloated Cog jokingly.

“Well I'm just glad that you didn't fight an Ursa Major. They are hard enough to banish,” commented Spark.

“Killed one. Easier than a dragon strangely.”

They gasp in shock.

=============

Cog had been in town for about two and a half months. She was still in the for she entered in with. The only sign of warring down, was it took Cog a second or so longer to stand or sit.

They were now looking around town. Seeing the park, they stop and rest.

“So why did you make your hut out of monster parts?” asked Chrysanthemum.

“Not thinking. I thought it would be easier.” Cog looked down.

“Ah, so, ah... how that Moonstone fella treating you? Good I hope,” said Spark, trying to change the topic.

“He's... odd. He's nice, just odd. He looks very scary too.”

“You haven't said what he looks like, just that he looks scary. Why?” asked Chrysanthemum.

“Ah, put it like this. When I was having fun with those bullies, I thought of many horrible things, scary, and disturbing things. I would never of had thought of this, nor would I use it. Does that help?”

A quick thought hit their minds, no topic is safe to talk about.

=============

Two more weeks pass. Cog feels so heavy now. It is getting harder and harder to lift her body. Once she is moving though, it doesn't seem so bad.

“I- Cog darling are you okay?” asked Chrysanthemum. She just saw Cog have a hard time getting out of bed.

“I... think so. Maybe I'm just tired.”

With a raised eyebrow, she responds with, “Okay dear.”

“What's for breakfast? I feel so hungry.” She moaned as she walked around the room, getting use to the feeling of walking.

“We are having eggs and toast. Is that good?”

“I think that I may need five eggs, and ten things of toast.” Just then Cog's stomach grumbled.

“I see.” Chrysanthemum walked to Spark and shook him awake. He slowly opened his eyes and yawned. Chrysanthemum motioned that she was leaving, left the two in the room.

“Why are you walking in circles?” he asked.

“I feel drained, tired. It helps.”

“So are you about to lose control?”

“Don't know. Never done anything like this before.”

Spark's eyes widened. “What? You don't know what will even happen to yourself at all, do you?”

“Nope.” She sounded so calm.

“What? You might die!”

“Yeah, I guess I might,” Spark looked as if he would faint, “but it's more likely that I'd faint first. Like holding your breath or something.”

=============

Cog had been in town for a little over four months now. More often Cog was sleeping longer. He was losing track of time. He was eating much more. He would lay down more often. It took him almost a minute to get up. Random bouts of wheezing and coughing made Spark and Chrysanthemum worry.

“No, I'm (cough)(cough)(cough~), I'm fine. Really,” said Cog as he wheezed to catch his breath.

“No you're not. You're getting worse. What is going on Inn?” asked Chrysanthemum, worry filling her voice as well as a tear in her eye.

“C-.... Cog.” corrected Cog. “I'm telling you (wheeze)(cough)(wheeze) I'm okay. No need for worries.”

“Inn Cog Neato! This has gone on long enough! Stop! Turn back!” demanded Spark.

Cog started to stand. He did not respond until he did finally stand. There was lots of coughing and wheezing that made Spark and Chrysanthemum worry more. “I don't think it will be much (cough)(cough)(cough~)(cough~)(cough) much longer. I-I think we should just wait it (wheeze) it out.”

The shaking legs and sickly look of Cog, almost made his parents want to take him to a doctor. Only seconds later, she almost dropped down to her knees. As she was working on getting back up, poof, there was Inn. Over Four months and one week. This was the limit.

“He, he, see?” said Inn. She went for a step.

Darkness.

=============

Slowly Inn opened her eyes. She had a hard time raising her head. She did what she could to look around. Inn was still in the same room, alone. She put her head down, and seconds later the door opened.

“We need a doctor! She is not doing well!” argued Chrysanthemum.

“All we need to do, is keep her fed and watered.”

“That does not seem to be working!”

“She used up a lot of energy, may she just needs energy. Plain and simple.”

“How can you say that?”

“Look, just trust me.”

“H-hello,” said a weak Inn. Both the parents jumped and looked at Inn. Within seconds they were crying. Chrysanthemum was sobbing more than crying, as she hugged Inn. Spark pulled back and stood there as he stared at a conscious Inn.

“Oh thank Celestia! I thought we lost you!” cried Chrysanthemum.

“Inn, dear, are you hungry?” asked Spark.

“Yes. H-how long have I-I been o-out?”

They looked at each other and replied, “About two weeks.”

“O-oh. I-I got some sleep. Heh, heh.” She paused to catch her breath. “Didn't... I-I tell you it might b-be like holding your b-breath?”

Spark chuckled, “Yes, yes you did, and you were right about it!”

“Dad? I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“Why do you both look so old? It's only been a few years.”

=============

Three weeks pass. Time for Inn to leave. She did not have all her strength back, but she had enough back to walk normally. Inn grabbed her bag. She went to pay for nearly five and a half months of being in an inn room.

“No, you don't have to pay.” said Spark.

“Y-yes I do. I've been here a-a long time. I was a bit of a pest too,” said Inn with a smile.

“No, no,” they said with smiles on their faces.

Inn shoveled up ten large gems. “This s-should to the t-trick!”

“N-no. Those are your gems honey.”

“I h-have plenty. In f-fact...” she dumped the bag full of gems on the desk. “Here. Have th-these too.”

Sparks mouth was just left open as she left saying good bye.

=============

Inn walked back to the hut. Unable to transform still, she was trying to be careful. But there was something big on her mind. Something she did not really think was real.

The answer her father gave her three weeks ago was still floating in her head. It could not be true.

PreviousChapters Next