• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Twist Ending: The Creator: Chapter 28: To The Moon

Twist Ending: The Creator

Chapter 28

To The Moon

Inn was ignoring Twilight's constant visits. Twilight was concerned for Inn, but Inn just had too much to think about to really even pay attention to Inn inn. Some of her friends would come and try talking. Inn's mumbling, tempts to answer questions, was making the others fully aware that Inn had divided attention.

Inn knew that she had to do something. Two things came to mind. She needed to act on one. Her mind had twisted and turned to get to this point, and now it must go even farther to pick one. The problem she had was not that normal. Not normal at all, actually.

There was a killer at large. A pony that has killed many before. He will kill again.

Inn sees two options. Kill him, or bargain with him. She knows his weakness, and she may be able to exploit it. Or, that is she thinks she knows it. Going off his personality, she more than likely can persuade him to stop. This would be giving her life away to do this though.

Killing him, on the other hoof, would mean that she needs to leave everything behind. She has found herself in a catch twenty-two. No matter what she does, she will be dead to the world.

Inn had a few tricks for making calming her ramped thoughts. The thrill of speed and rushing wind would help to calm herself. Then she could use very advanced magic for long lengths of time to slow down her thinking. Just one would work, but they worked best together.

She stands from her seat, making Twilight look at Inn a little confused and worried. “I need to do something. Watch the inn for me.”

Twilight was about to ask 'What do you need to do?', but Inn was out of the inn. Almost instantly after Inn was outside, a THOOM rattled the entire Inn. It seemed almost like it was going to fall apart. Inn was out of sight before Twilight could even open her mouth.

Not long after Inn blasted off, there as a boom that came from a good distance outside of Ponyville. It rattled Inn inn too, but not as badly as when Inn was near the door. Twilight sat there... confused... worried.

=============

Inn had been flying for a few hours. She was making her way around the world again, when she thought about something. A new trip. Something of a first time visit/ revisit. The Moon.

She never really went, but she knew what it was like... kind of. Going to it, not experience it, would be nice, and would require lots of magic. Perfect!

Inn shot into the sky. As she rose, it got colder. Inn raised up a spell to keep herself warm. She began to lose her breath, it had to be her leaving Earth. Inn grew another horn, and used it to keep a bubble of air around her. The spell was converting the air, while not letting it out. Inn was finding new problems and fixing them with magic. In the end, she had seven horns controlling spells so she could live on this trip in space.

Inn keeps going... and going... and going. The moon didn't look much bigger. She kept on sprouting horns. The moon was getting much closer now she was using twelve horns for just speed.

It was a long trip. Flying for at least half a day, Inn make's it to the moon.

She isn't seeing it from an others memory. This time, Inn is really here. She walks around for a while. Her mind is racing with new thoughts.

How gray it all is. There sure are a lot of craters. These craters are deep. Did she already see that one?

It was fun but tiring. Inn was getting the feeling of fatigue after about an hour on the moon. She had so much more to do and see though. The best she could do was take some little reminders. Inn levitates four moon rocks.

As Inn starts flying back, she feels as if she won't make it. She spawns three more horns... they do nothing... she feels better.

=============

Inn gets back, tired. Keeping the fourteen horns, but not using them, she makes herself tea. Inn is almost too weak to make it, let alone drink it. It took some time before she was able make more tea without shaking.

Inn didn't let a single horn fade until she was back to full strength. Even when she was back at full strength, she didn't go back to the inn, she stayed in her hut.

Inn had came to a conclusion. She just needed to gather the guts to follow through with it. Sitting down by the bookshelves, she didn't know what to do first. It seemed as if one solution only came to another problem.

She probably waited nearly twenty minutes before she had her final conclusion. Inn had some unused scrolls on top of a bookshelf. Grabbing one and sitting down at the table, she writes a letter. It was a short letter. After she finished it, Inn grabs two moon rocks, a raps it in the letter.

“Hope this works,” Inn said to herself. She has done many new spells, and attempted several new things, too. This spell, Inn would not know if she did it right or not. She grows a horn, and the letter disappears in a poof of light.

Inn goes and gets another scroll, and returns to the table. This letter is a little bit longer than the last, but still short. Inn raps only one rock in this letter. This letter too, was poofed away by the light.

Inn sighed... a relieved sigh. She trotted over to her old back and fill it with some books and the last moon rock. She looked around one more time, then left the hut. As she closed the door, she stood and looked over the old memories.

The familiar moon was rising into the sky as she left the hut for the last time.

=============

Twilight has been worried about Inn for a little while now. Hoping to learn what is making the white morph act oddly, she has been going to see Inn everyday after dropping Nyx off at school. After seeing that Inn had just left, and was gone the hole day, Twilight Sparkle didn't sleep well that night.

There was too much to worry about the white pony, and now she goes and does another vanishing act. Twilight Sparkle tries to see if Inn is back at the inn the next morning. It looked empty.

The purple unicorn goes to the desk, and sees a scroll. Using some magic she unrolls it. A single rock dropped out. Twilight jumps at this unexpected random thing. Using magic again, she picks it up and inspects it. Twilight puts the rock back on the desk.

Twilight Sparkle reads the letter:

Hope this makes it. It's suppose to go to Inn inn.

My Friends,
I am leaving. I can't say why. There is two possibilities that I may not come back. They relate to my past, and have nothing to do with you. Please don't worry.

There should be a rock from the last place I visited. It was far away, and for a pony that can go around the world in less than a day to say that, you know it's far. I only got four. It was a bit hard. Enjoy it.
Goodbye, Farewell, Have Fun, Have Good Lives,

Inn.

P.S. I don't think I'd need my inn any more, do with it as you wish.

At first Twilight Sparkle was panicking. She didn't know what to make of this letter. How can she help? Is there any way she can help? Is Inn still close? Wait, what was that about the rock?

Twilight didn't know to answer first in her thoughts first. She did know, that if there was anything she could do, she'd do it.

After sometime, Twilight reads the part about the rock again. What would be farther than going around the world in less than a day? Every rock is on Earth... but the ones in space. Could Inn really go in space?

PreviousChapters Next