• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,287 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,287

PreviousChapters Next
Friends Ending: Harmony Wins: Chapter 30: New Moon... Stone

Friends Ending: Harmony Wins

Chapter 30

New Moon... Stone

They walk for hours. Only the sounds of rustling trees and grass giving their ears company. Then they saw it. They all saw a shiny metal house.

“Stay here. If you don't want to see me kill him, then leave now.” Inn made a clear glass like wall between them and herself.

“We would never do that to you,” Twilight said. Fluttershy ducked and covered her eyes. Applejack sat down. Pinkie, with straight mane and tail, sat down. Rarity was about to sit, but then noticed that she was about to sit in dirt, so she stood. Rainbow Dash was released, and she floated in place.

Inn sighs. “Okay then.”

Just before Inn got to the door, Moonstone comes up from behind. “Oh. It looks as though I have many guests. It's been some time my dear little Inn. How are you?”

Inn turns around slowly. “Moonstone, I have questions for you.”

“Oh I hope it's not about the odd behavior of the monsters... was it two weeks ago? I don't have answers for that.”

“Why do you kill?”

“That's simple. To learn.”

“When do you plan to stop?”

“When I have learned all I can, of course.”

“How long have you been trying to... learn all you can?”

Moonstone pauses to think. “I can't remember. It may be close to two or three centuries? Is that right?”

“That's imp-” started Twilight Sparkle.

“Do you think that is long enough?”

“There's still stuff to learn. I just can't seem to find out what it is sometimes.”

Inn sighs. “I thank you for my life, I hate you killing. Now it is your turn to die.”

“Why?”

“I think I may explain the next time I die,” said Inn, just before she charged at him.
He almost dodged it. Only his flank was scraped by her. “What?”

She bucks him in the jaw. Moonstone then notices that Inn isn't messing around at all. He turns around and charges. Inn evades the attack by pure chance. She was about to charge him, and ran to his side. She looks for a way to slow him down.

“What's the matter Inn, can't you use magic on him?” asked Dash. The face's of everypony, except Fluttershy, showed this same question.

Inn gave a glare to her friends. If they thought that she was this weak with magic, she'd show them. The wall stopping them from entering became a cube. Taking the ground with it, the cube flew up into the air and spin slowly upside down. The gasps and screams made Fluttershy open her eyes and join the screams. When the cube was completely upside down, everypony noticed they were still on the ground. The not-right-side-up floating ground.

Moonstone gave out a whistle of amazement.

Inn was binding magic of two unicorns, making an impassible barrier, lifting a large body of land, and manipulating gravity.

“I want to kill him with my own hooves. Not with magic, or transforming,” Inn said as she was putting the remove earth back.

Before Inn could set the missing chunk of Everfree back, Moonstone took his chance and rammed Inn. This sent her into the side of the metal house, her horn leaving a long shallow gash as it lost it's light. The magic that Inn was doing was cut off. This sent the floating mass, which was almost in place, crashing down.

The six on the crashing land fell and rolled. The land wasn't in the right place, or the right angle. Five of the six were pretty much fine. Pinkie's leg, on the other hoof, was trapped in the the shifting dirt after she rolled down.

Moonstone was standing over Inn. He was wondering the best way to bring her inside. Bam! Moonstone was rammed by a flying rainbow.

“AJ, help Pinkie Pie. Rarity and Fluttershy, try and get Inn awake. Me and Dash will try and stop Moonstone,” said Twilight as she got herself into position.

“Hurry up too, I want to give him a good bucking for hurting Inn!” shouted Pinkie Pie.

“Don't worry Pinks, he won't hurt her again.” Rainbow flew in to ram Moonstone again, as he was going for Rarity.

“Just don't hurt him too badly!” Twilight reminded.

Moonstone stood still after a few more rams to stop him from going after the others too. He was pinned. If you was able to out maneuver Rainbow Dash, Twilight would trip him with a stick.

“So, what did you do to Inn to make her come here?” asked Twilight.

“Yea, that's a good question. I'd think she would go to Celestia or something. But why does she want to kill you instead?” asked Rainbow.

Moonstone looks confused as he answers. “I don't know.”

Now the others looked confused. “Oh oh! Did you do something to some pony she knows?” Pinkie asked as if she thought herself smart for thinking of the question.

“Not that I know of. I can only think of killing little Inn.”

Rarity double checks Inn's vitals. “She's not dead.”

“Oh, don't be silly. Of course she isn't. I gave her life again.”

Rainbow Dash lets out a whistle, as if she is impressed, and shocked. Twilight, on the other hoof, asks, “How can you do that? It's impossible. On that note, how can you be over one hundred?”

“Simple. In my studies, I learned that there is a compound in the Pisinamageia lobe. It isn't only found there, but it is most defiantly common there. Mixing this compound with others has just as interesting results as the compound itself. These results include; prolonged life to tissue, revitalization and construction, and a jump start to life. It is quite a find.”

Twilight shivers at a thought. “What is the Pisinamageia lobe?”

“A bizarre lobe found only in unicorns. It seems to be where they get magic from.”

They stood there in silence. The only exception to this was Rarity and Fluttershy who were still trying to get Inn awake again. Slowly, after about a minute or two after the silence started, Inn opened her eyes.

Inn looks around. Her vision was a bit hazy. Her vision showed a yellow and pink pony sitting in front of her. “Oh thank Celestia you're okay.”

After a cough, Inn asks, “Where...a-am I?”

“No need to worry dear. We are trying to get Moonstone to calm down. Just lay down.” Rarity stroked Inn's coat in hopes that it would calm her down.

Inn starts to lay her head down, but then it clicks. They were dealing with Moonstone. “I need to... deal with him.” Inn staggered to her hooves. “I need to...” Inn paused as she turned to where Moonstone stood.

“Kill him for killing you? Will that really make it all better?” asked Rarity.

Inn turns her head to Rarity. “How-”

“Twilight and Pinkie questioned him. We now know what you meant by memories that aren't yours but yet should be. Or at least I think we do.”

“It's not just my death. He's killed many. He will kill many. I don't see what telling Princess Celestia would do to stop him.” Inn coughs again.

“There has to be another way,” said Fluttershy.

Everypony was looking at Inn. Moonstone didn't think that there was a good chance of getting Inn back if there was all these mares around to attack him if he flinched. He had another opening. Rainbow Dash was on the ground, so he rams her and turns to ram Twilight. His is lifted into the air before he could though.

Inn got him just in time. Applejack just got Pinkie's hoof free too. “Do you know who you hit? You hit one of my friends. I won't let any pony do that.”

“If you truly want to be a good friend, let us help. Talk to us more. Listen when we say that killing him is not the right thing to do,” pleaded Twilight. The others gathered around Inn to show they agreed with Twilight.

Inn sighs in defeat then coughs once more. “Okay. You win. At first I didn't want to know why I had thirty years of my life missing for the fear that I would do just this. When I found out, I couldn't help but think of, not only revenge, but stopping this monster.” Inn uses her magic to squeeze Moonstone a little.

“I can say that there is a bright side to my death,” added Inn

“No, don't s-” Fluttershy started.

“The bright side is, if I hadn't died, I wouldnt of had, not only the best friends anypony could ask for, but also my first. The bright side of my new life is that I have learned so much. I have seen so much. It is all thanks to you six.”

“That's a good thing to learn,” said Rarity with a smile.
“Oh, don't flatter me,” said Applejack as she blushed to Inn's little speech.
“I'm you first friend?!” asked Pinkie as she bounced with her curly hair back.
“How can you look on the bright side of death?” Fluttershy asked herself.
“It's cool that I've already started to touch ponies hearts,” said Rainbow Dash as she twisted it a little to suit her a little more.

“Learning about friendship is probably the best thing you can do. The main reason I was looking all over for you after we first met, was I had learned the importance of friendship. The magic it can bring, and the evils it can take down. You seemed so alone that maybe you could learn from it too.”

And another cough from Inn. “I'm sure that there is no way I could have imagined what having friends was like until I met you all.”

Suddenly, six balls of light formed over Inn's friends, that shortly turned into gold gem encrusted jewelry. Most of them where necklaces with the gems formed as the cutie mark symbols of the one wearing it. The only odd one, was Twilight's. Her's was a crown.

As the balls of light changed into jewelry, Inn involuntarily let out a long pink beam. It went straight up as if it were endless. After a few seconds, Twilight's eyes shined a bright white and all seven floated into the air. All of them, except for Inn, shot out a color, forming a rainbow. This rainbow matched speed with the pink blast and they both went straight to Moonstone.

“Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous!” was Moonstone's reaction.

The, now one, beam wrapped around Moonstone. A blinding light filled the dark forest. The the light was done, every pony lay unconscious. The pink beam was all that was left. It split in the middle, the two ends at the top curl. It formed a pink flamed heart. It sat there for a few seconds before dissolving, it's little lights forming a necklace on Inn's neck.

=============

Six mares wake up. They look and see some familiar items. They look around, their friend was still out cold. She too, had a necklace. They didn't dream that. Rainbow Dash looks to see a quilt like pony who is also still asleep.

“Whoa, that was pretty crazy. What do you think happened to him?” the rainbowed one asked.

“Isn't it like with Luna? Wouldn't it be something like he is... at the very least... evil?” asked Rarity.

“Should we walk the sleepy heads up?” asked Pinkie Pie, she was about to jump on Moonstone.

“Let's get Inn up first.” Twilight was already shaking Inn to try and wake her.

Inn twitched a few times. She then put her leg in front of herself, like she was going to get up. Inn coughs. Red drops line her hoof and leg.

Twilight sees this. “Inn!”

“Oh, I-I'm fine.”

Fluttershy looks at Inn, seeing the blood on her leg. “No you're not fine. Not at all!”

The others swarm Inn. “Inn darling, you shouldn’t try moving.” Rarity looked very worried.

“That sounds like a good idea to me. Just lay down and rest up. You need it,” said Rainbow.

“Wait! What happened... to... Moon... stone?” Inn tried to get up but was too tired to stand.

“Don't know. We're waiting for him to wake up,” bounced Pinkie.

“What?” Inn didn't even understand what the lights and jewelry were all about. She was so lost.

“These necklaces are the embodiment of harmony. They can be call out through friendship and times of need. We only used this once before, to stop Nightmare Moon,” explained Twilight.

“So what element is Inn?” asked Pinkie Pie as she looked at Twilight.

They were all confused. No pony had any idea. “The element of glue?” asked Dash.

Every pony glared at Rainbow.

“What, she's white and has many shapes. Right?”

Some moaning came for behind them. Moonstone was waking up. They all watch him closely.

“Ow, my head. What a blast of light that was,” he said. He didn't have the normal youthful attitude to his voice like before. He also spoke more slowly.

“Moonstone, what do you feel right now?” asked Twilight.

“Ah, Twi, what are you doing?” whispered Applejack.

“I'm trying to think back to what Princess Celestia asked last time and change it to Moonstone's situation.”

“My head hurts. It feels as if my brain is larger. It may of swollen from that thing, that light thing.”

“Do you understand the things you have done is wrong?”

Moonstone struggles to his hooves. Leaning on a tree as he thinks, his eyes begin to widen. “Yes. Yes I do.”

“Do you feel like it is okay to continue doing what you were doing?”

“N-no.”

“Hey it worked!” cheered Rainbow.

Inn coughs again. A little more crimson is added to her white coat. “That's good... news.”

Moonstone's eyes dart to Inn. He staggers over the best he can, falling over a few times. “Sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry for it all!” It all wasn't heard though, as Inn past out not long after he started to apologize.

=============

It's been a few days. Inn is still in bandages after she broke a few ribs and punctured a lung. She was to see the princess as soon as possible. The guards are on alert to let Inn pass and to informed the princess. This made it so much easier for Inn. A guard helped carry Inn to see Princess Celestia.

“Inn. I see you can finally leave the hospital. That's good,” Celestia said, giving Inn a smile.

“I-I had to rest up. No pony w-would get m-me tea.” Inn gave a chuckle, thinking that Princess Celestia didn't understand.

Celestia didn't look to pleased at the mention of tea. “I have already seen Doctor Moonstone Specter. He said what he has done. Do you understand what he put in the tea?”

Inn looked down at the shining floor. “No. I d-do know it has t-to be awful though.” Inn looked back up. “His t-tea is a miracle drug. It has h-helped me a lot o-over the years. I learned of w-what he had done a-and the tea was j-just a reminder of him.” Inn looks back down. “It almost m-made me sick to drink it. I did, h-how ever drink it for it's medical u-uses, or to keep up my 't-tea drinking ways' around m-my friends. I didn't want to w-worry them.”

“And you want the medical use of the tea now? The others may have thought you didn't know.”

“What?”

“Moonstone told me all of what he has done. Most of your friends were there too. They may have thought that you didn't want to drink... his horrible tea.” A smile returned to the princess's face.

Inn looked back up at the princess, confused. “They did b-bring me tea. It just wasn't 'h-his' tea... as you can s-see.”

“They may have still wanted to help give you what you wanted.”

“Y-yes... I guess...”

“Now there is a reason that I wanted you here.” Celestia got off her throne and walked in front of Inn. “It is rare to find new elements of harmony. The last one found was nearly a thousand years ago. The first being found around three thousand years ago.”

Inn sat quiet and enjoying the history lesson.

“The elements were once able to only be used as magic. Now, they have been formed into magical items. The only element to be found after this conversion, is the one you found.”

“Isn't t-that once an item too?”

“There seems like there is more to learn about the Elements of Harmony. This is what I was wanting to talk to you about.”

“Wh-”

“Will you help us learn more about this new mystery element? It would be easier if you are here.”

PreviousChapters Next