• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Revenge Ending: Changed Mind: Chapter 28: Reveal

Revenge Ending: Changed Mind

Chapter 28

Reveal

Inn worked her inn for a few more days. Twilight was still a little shaken up by what happened before, but she would come by and check on Inn every so often. There was things on Inn's mind that always stopped real conversation though. Inn was preoccupied with thoughts that would swim in her mind. Things that have been building since she had Luna look into her mind, and were getting more active over time.

Inn knew why the spell failed. The night was playing in her mind over and over again.

She would stay up late thinking about it. There was just too much to take in. It had been quite some time, and she still needed to sort out some things. One thing was for sure; she knew she would be getting revenge.

What was done to her was far worse than she had ever thought. She was having the hardest time coming up with a way to get her revenge. Nothing she thought of was even half as bad as what was done to her. She was turning red with rage as she was deep in thought.

“Oh, oh my. Is now a bad time?” Fluttershy had dropped by to see Inn, and was shaking at the sight of Inn's furious face.

Inn calmed herself when she saw Fluttershy in the doorway. “No no no. You can come in. Sit, I'll get us some tea.” Inn started going around the kitchen getting the things ready for tea. “So, what brings you here?”

“Well, Twilight says that you have been acting a bit peculiar. She hasn't been able to get you to be like... well... yourself.” Fluttershy began to shy away, but was still trying to be comforting.

The happy mood in Inn depleted. As Inn stood waiting for the whistle of the tea, she asked, “I've been thinking about something. A question... more like a series of questions.” Inn paused, which gave the tea time to finish. Bringing the tea over to the table, Inn sits next to Fluttershy in the little booth.

“They are big questions.” Inn just stared the steaming pot of tea for a while. “Do you mind if I ask you these questions to see how you would answer them?” Her gaze was still fixated on the tea pot.

“Oh, ah... I guess I'll try. I don't know how much help I can-.”

“You will help. Don't worry about that.” Inn looked down, and soon after she did, a shell like... think... formed around Inn's head. Inn felt Fluttershy jump at the sudden addition to Inn's head. “Okay, first, if a pony kills another, what do you think the punishment should be?” Inn spoke with a monotone as she asked the question.

There was a pause before the shaking pegasus answered. “Well banishment. Nopony deserves to die, even if that pony has killed another pony.”

Only a second after the answer was given, Inn continues, “Now, if a pony has killed many ponies before, what would be a good punishment?” She continued the monotone.

Fluttershy gasped, and she had paused to think the question over. “My. These are... um, what makes you think of such... ah, questions.” After not getting an answer from Inn, Fluttershy answers Inn's question, “Oh, well... I'd have to say... um... ba-banishment?” Fluttershy was getting more quiet as she spoke her answer.

Inn again asked her next question almost a second after Fluttershy had finished her answer. “Okay, you're doing good so far, don't worry.” She broke the monotone for just a little bit. “If that pony where to continue killing other ponies, what would be the proper punishment for him then?” she said, back to the monotone.

Inn was shaking purely due to the shaking of Fluttershy. “Well... ah... oh my... ah...”

Inn waited for Fluttershy to answer, but she could not think of one. So Inn asked her next question, “It's okay, even an 'I don't know' helps. Would it be okay, for a pony to intervene in a mass murdering pony's rain, by killing that pony? If it's not okay, then what kind of punishment?”

Inn could hear something coming from Fluttershy, but could not tell if it was gasps, whimpers, exasperating, or even teeth chattering. “I... I don't think... that any pony has the right to harm another pony.”

“So, the same punishment whenever possible? Banishment.” There was no gap, Inn just spoke. Inn removed her bizarre helmet after a deep sigh. Inn had a smile again. “Thanks Fluttershy. You helped me out.” Inn was now sounding so sincere in her words.

“Wh-why Inn? Why are you thinking of... such horrible questions? What... what brought this on?”

Inn smile turned into a frown. “Let's not talk about that.” Inn left the table and untouched tea.

“S-sorry to, to well ah, bother you, but I now need to know.”

Inn got into the center of the room and stopped. “Stop. Please.” She then turned to face Fluttershy, and formed a bubble that was indiscriminate in what it engulfed.

Fluttershy jumped at the new large object's sudden appearance into the room. She slowly moved up to the dome. There was several small holes, so Fluttershy looked in one to see what it was like inside. She saw many narrow beams of light shining on a curled up, and shaking Inn. “Oh dear, ah, Inn... I don't mean to impose, but you have me worried.” She tries to move in a little closer to the hole, but sees that the bubble was not tangible. She walks into the dome, and up to Inn.

When Inn felt a light touch on her shoulder, she jumped. She looked around at Fluttershy confused and shock. She changed her expression the best she could, giving a forced smile. “Oh, ah, I thought that would work longer.” She then made the little lights dance around in a circle and wave up and down. It was a nice slow paced speed.

“Ah... Inn... I can see something is troubling you. What is it? You-.”

The lights were spinning a little faster. “I know you can't handle it. Just... drop it, okay?” said Inn, as her smile got more forced.

“Inn come on. I can help you.”

The lights spun faster. “You have helped. Now I'm helping you by not saying any more.” Inn's smile was looking distorted as it twitched.

Fluttershy looked down, frowning. “C-can’t I help more if I-”

Inn lights where speeding up to a dizzying pace. “Drop it Fluttershy. I can handle it.” Her smile almost vanished.

“Inn, I have one question. Why are you thinking and acting like this? I have answered several que-.”

Inn hopped to her feet. “Drop it!” The bubble went from white, to a deep red before shattering as Inn yelled out her demand. Inn looks at the cowering friend on the floor for a few seconds. As she heads for the door, she says, “I'm going for a walk. Please don't follow me.”

=============

Inn walks around town. She was feeling pressured by Fluttershy, but knew the grim details would be too much. Even when cleaned up. If it were somepony else, she would possibly have said what was on her mind. Not Fluttershy, it just couldn't be Fluttershy.

She walked into the marketplace. She was thinking that she should eat something. Before she could eat though, there was a couple of ponies calling out to Inn.

“High Dragon Slayer!” called out Apple Bloom.

“Inn, Ah need a word with you, “ said Applejack, sounding a little mad with Inn.

“Oh, hi ya'll. What's up?”

“'What's up' is that Big Macintosh told me that you came on ta him.”

“Nice choice Dragon Slayer!”

“What? No! She ain't good enough for our big bro.”

“Yes she is! She is the best pony!”

Inn sat back and watch the free entertainment.

“Big Mac is shy, he needs a strong pony to help him out ever so often.”

“She's the Dragon Slayer! That's plenty strong, and plenty cool for Big Macintosh!” Inn was finding the bouncing of Apple Bloom too adorable.

“Okay, ah, I think that's enough. I asked Big Mag because I had been wanting to for some time now,” said Inn with two red cheeks.

“Well why didn't you sooner then?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Even dragon slayers have their fears,” chuckled Inn.

“You're afraid of Big Macintosh?” asked Apple Bloom.

Inn giggles. “Close enough.”

“Dragon Slayer... you confuse me.”

Applejack cocked an eyebrow. “Why do you keep call’n her 'Dragon Slayer?'”

Inn quickly answers. “Oh, well, li'l Apple Bloom and her friends know me for dragon slaying.”

“Hold your horses there! Are you saying that the shy Inn keeper is a dragon slayer?”

“Yeah, and a cool one!”

“Na ah! Ah ain't buying it. She looks too scrawny to do anything.”

Inn turns into Apple Bloom. “AJ, you don't judge a book by it's cover.” Applejack backed up. Inn then turned into Applejack. “But, Ah have read this book from cover to cover.” Inn then turns into a pony size full grown dragon. She turns back into Apple Bloom. “Yay, a dragon!” Applejack. “We need to hurry up and get Twi. She can handle this.” Twilight. “Why are you asking me? Inn can handle it.” Inn then turns back into herself and falls on the ground laughing.

“What in Celestia's name was that?” asked Applejack.

“Me thinking how this would all go if it continued,” said Inn.

“AJ, she can transform.”

“Inn, could ya do this the entire time?”

Inn turns into an old form of hers, Charity. “Ah, yes.”

Applejack gasped at the sight. “You, it's you, you... Ah ad'a buck you.”

“I would believe the owner of these mane colors thought the same as you. Did you hear, I beat her in a race?”

“Ah don't believe it!”

“Believe it! The only one who can transform, is the only one you know that can easily win a race with Rainbow Dash.”

“Apple Bloom, she is clearly bonkers. I don't want you staying around her ya hear?”

Inn turns back into herself. “Ask any of your friends about me. The Cutie Mark Crusaders know me for slaying a dragon in front of them to save them. Then there's my hometown. They loved my work so much, there's a statue in my honor.”

“Ah doubt that,” challenged Applejack.

Inn gave a big smile. She grew a horn, that quickly lit. They were all enveloped in light and popped out of town. They popped into Trottingham, in front of the statue. “I saved them all from a massive monster attack that, by the way, included dragons.”

Some towns pony noticed Inn, and they started cheering. Inn waved at them and turned her attention back to the others.

“Oh my, guess ya'll were tell'n the truth.”

“Yes, you should listen to me more often big sis.”

Inn brings them back to Ponyville. “Okay, well I have something to do, good by.” Inn started to walk off.

“See, she is the best pony for Big Mac!” said Apple Bloom.

Inn could feel eyes on her. She ran from there as fast as she could.

=============

After Inn ate, she went next to the Everfree forest border. She was just sitting there thinking. She heard steps coming up from behind her, but ignored it until they stopped beside her.

“Inn, can you explain why Fluttershy is crying?” asked Rarity. Rarity seemed upset, but willing to listen to Inn's explanation.

“I asked some questions. Then I wouldn't explain why I was asking them.” Inn looked up at Rarity, seeing that there may need to be more of an explanation than that.

“That can't be all.”

“I asked her about murderers and punishments for them. She was wanting to know what brought this on, and I would not explain.”

“Well would you be a dear and tell me why?”

Inn turns into a dear. “She wouldn't be able to handle the grim reason why I was asking.” Inn smiled at Rarity.

“This is no time for jokes. Now if you could not tell her, then can you tell me?”

Inn changed back. “Ah... yes.” She pauses for a few seconds, looking at the ground. “Can you guess my age?”

“First, don't change the topic. Second, a lady never talks about some other ponies age.”

“I look about twenty right?”

Rarity sighs, “Yes I guess, but what-?”

“Would you be believe me if I said I was in my fifties?”

Rarity stood in silence. “I would not, no.”

“The reason why I did not explain the questioning to Fluttershy... is... I saw my death. Murdered. Body played with, and organs scattered across several tables.”

Rarity looked shocked and disturbed. “What do you mean? You saw what will happen?”

“When I was seventeen, I was murdered, and didn't even know it until a spell went wrong. He put me back together, and now I am alive thirty years later.”

Rarity looked shocked and disturbed. “Oh, so... that's what you were keeping from our dear little Fluttershy.”

“Yes.”

“Now I'm a little confused... should I treat you like a peer or an elder?” joked Rarity, giving a poor week smile.

Inn looked up and smiled. “Whichever is fine.”

“Well then, Ms. Inn. I like the sound if it,” said Rarity, smile looking more genuine.

“Well my little pony, that sounds fabulous,” joked Inn right back.

“Wait. Inn is there more?”

“Ah...”

“That does not explain why you have been acting so weird. Well not entirely that is. Like, why is it that you haven't stuttered?”

“Promise me that you won't tell anypony.”

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” as Rarity chanted this, she made some odd leg movements.

“I guess that's a yes. I know who killed me. As soon as I can find something worse than what he did to me, Moonstone will pay.”

PreviousChapters Next