• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,286 Views, 199 Comments

Blank - GameMakingOtaku



Inn has lived longer than she should have. Why? How? Who could of done this? How will she react?

  • ...
3
 199
 1,286

PreviousChapters Next
Twist Ending: The Creator: Chapter 29: Trapped

Twist Ending: The Creator

Chapter 29

Trapped

Inn walks through the forest. Flying didn't seem right this time. Walking was more like the first time, and most appropriate for the last time Inn will make this short journey. This was a journey to where she died, and where she may kill her first pony.

Inn couldn't get the images and memories out of her head. Memories she got from a bizarre spell's backfire. These memories go from after Inn’s new life started, back to when Inn was born, then, not as clearly, Luna performing the spell on Inn back to her birth. To Inn, she feels decades of years old now.

Some of what will to be done, is thanks to Luna's spell performed a few months ago.

Inn was just walking... as if it was longer than last time. She was beginning to over think the decision she had made. These thoughts were going on for about two hours, before she saw it.

The shine of a metal making its way throughout the night forest. Inn found the metal house of Doctor Moonstone Specter. She inches closer. The snails pace sped up as she got closer to the shiny object.

Inn reaches the door, and stands there. She looked at the door, back where she came, and back at the door. She began to go back, but then stopped. Inn stood tall and entered the house, going straight for the door and not for the button that makes the bells ring.

Once inside, Inn only took a few steps in and stopped again. Using magic, she closed the door. A glassy wall of magic formed along the wall the door is on. Inn looks back at is as the magical wall, as it spreads along the other walls, the floor and the roof. As it was about the reach the other side of the room, Inn stops the spreading of the wall. Instead, just limits it to the first room.

The new wall is now invisible, as Inn goes into the massive room. It's just as odd as always, many 'rooms' but technically only one room. As this door closes, another glassy wall forms along that side.

After this wall seems to disappear, Inn moves towards the lab where Moonstone works. When Inn was just half way there, Moonstone came out.

With a dumbfounded expression on his face, Moonstone asks, “Oh, did I not hear the bell? Sorry, sorry. Sit down, have some tea... after I make some that is.” He quickly went to the kitchen to make some tea.

Inn took a few steps closer to Moonstone, opens her mouth, and doesn't say anything. She turns and sits at the table. Then she asks, “How... h-how have y-you been?”

“Oh, just great! I have been working on some new things that are just so fascinating! I have much more to do, but I think that I may be close to an end in the discovery.” He was skipping as he was making the tea and talking about his work. “Ah, what about you? Do you have any new things to talk about? I would like to know why the monsters were acting so oddly... was it a week... no...”

“Ah, I have s-some good information for y-you.” Moonstone didn't see, but Inn was sulking in her seat.

“Good, good! You must tell me during tea!” He came to sit down with Inn. “I have a new brew, let me know if you like it!”

Inn shuttered, and then asked, “Did I-I tell you how I k-killed a dragon?”

=============

The two had been up so long talking about things that Inn had seen Moonstone's work. Soft thuds could be heard form where the two sat. Inn looked around while Moonstone tried to listen more closely to the door.

After many bells rang, Moonstone jumped up. “Oh goodie! More visitors! This is quite some night!”

Inn took a few more sips of her tea as she watched Moonstone dart to the door. After she took a few sips, she slowly got up and followed him.

“Who, just who could it-?!” Moonstone was bouncing, leaping, showing pure joy... before he got zapped.

Inn walks past him. “I'll get it.”

“Did the door just...”

Inn walks into the outer room and uses magic to open it. The mild light of day shined through the doorway. “How can I help you?”

A stallion stood there, shocked by Inn's appearance. “Oh, um, I was traveling and was wondering if you had any food that could at least hold me over? Until the next town that is.”

“I don't think that there's much, but there should be some in this room. Help yourself.”

From the doorway inside, Moonstone asks, “What's going on? Why can't I leave?” He tries again, only to get shocked again. “There wasn't any... shocky thing before.” He tries again only to be shocked... again.

Inn looks around the room for some extra food. She creaked open metal cabinets and shuffled around inside them. Inn finds some of Moonstone's food that is made to last for several years. “I found some, hope it taste good.”

The stallion was... confused by the two 'host' that he was seeing. Glad that the scarier pony wasn't able to come close to him. “Ah, thanks?”

“I think it best if you left after you ate. I'm going to talk to sparks there, have a nice meal.” Inn goes back to the room where Moonstone was trapped in and sits back down by her cup of tea. “M-moonstone, come sit down. I need to t-tell you some things.”

=============

For hours the story was told. How Inn found herself six good friends. How Inn's visits with the princesses have been. Finally, Inn tells Moonstone about Luna's spell.

There was many pauses do to Moonstone's interjections and one from the stallion who gave a 'goodbye' and 'thank you' before he left. As Moonstone beings another pot of tea out, he asks, “So what then? How did the spell go? This is just too exciting! Did Princess Luna actually tell you what she saw?”

Inn can never seem to truly get past his energetic nature, and it seems worse when she talks about something big like this. Inn takes the last sip of tea before she answers, letting Moonstone refill her cup as she spoke. “It backfired. Worked, but worked in the wrong way. This made... bizarre backlashes occur as well.”

“Oh you just have to tell me what happened! You have such a build up, it has to be oh so fascinating!” Moonstone was practically jumping out of his seat and onto the table, making the metallic tea set clang together.

Inn took a slow sip of tea. “Luna acted different and forgot a large chunk of her memories.” She then took another slow sip of tea.

“Oh my, oh my! That is quite a backlash! Did Princess Celestia find out? Was it soon? Oh you just have to say!” The clattering of the tea set grew.

Inn looks at Moonstone's still empty cup and back up at him. “Princess Celestia is the one who calmed Luna down.” Inn used magic to fill Moonstone's cup. He looked at it and seemed to mentally kick himself for forgetting the tea. “I was the one that had to give an explanation... the best I could that is.”

“Are you visiting them often?” Moonstone finally took a sip of tea.

“No.” Inn took a sip of her tea, a long sip that almost finished the cup in one go. “You asked if I knew about the odd behavior of the monsters?”

“I did, and you didn't say anything after I did ask. Why?”

“The last time I had seen the princesses, was to ask why I had to fight off thousands of monsters and five dragons who were trying to enter a town.” Inn finished her cup of tea.

Moonstone's eye's widen, his irises grew to fill almost all his eyes. He looked as if he was about to explode with joy. “THAT IS FANTASTIC! DID YOU DO IT BY YOURSELF OR DID YOU HAVE HELP? OH MY, OH MY! THIS IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC!”

Even though Inn was expecting something like this, she still had to close her ears. “Can you lower you voice?”

“Oh... sorry...”

“I think that I may need to explain a little bit more. The spell that Luna did... affected me too.”

“How how?”

“I didn't quite understand it at first myself. I did what I could to... test things.”

“Test?! Test what? Can I test it too?!”

Inn refilled her cup as she continued. “I tried some new spells, some spells that I was having a hard time with before, and even tried to see if I could make my own.”

“Did you-”

“Not all of it was successful, but I had nearly doubled my... magical inventory. To top it all off, I had a better understanding of my magic limitations... all magic limitations to be more accurate. I even learned ways to quicken myself when flying.” Inn takes a sip of tea and stairs at the table. “You might say... I have the knowledge of thousands of years to work with.”

Moonstone's eye's lit up again, as he shook violently. “So you got Princess Luna's memories?! That is too perfect, too extraordinary, too... positively, absolutely grand news!!!”

Inn sighs, making even Moonstone calm down a little bit. “I have her memories, yes. They are fuzzy though, and are not easy to... go through.” Moonstone seemed to go into deep thought. “There was more than her memories I had gotten though, and they are much more clear.”

Moonstone looked as if he was going to burst once more. Joy was just one thing he was getting too much of in these last few hours.

Before Moonstone could ask who's memories she had gotten, Inn answers, “The memories I had gotten, where my own. They spanned from just before you brought me back to life after you killed me, to when I was born... To when you created me.” Inn slowly raised her eyes to look into Moonstone's.

He looked a little confused. “Didn't you have those memories already?”

“No.” Inn stood up after she had taken one last sip of tea. “These memories included your... work... on me.”

“Oh, I can see how you wouldn't have these memories.”

“I have one question.”

“What is it?”

“You seem to kill a lot of ponies... a lot. I want to know what it is that made you not kill my mom and dad?”

“If I remember correctly, they came and said something about not being able to have a foal of their own. Even if I'm remembering wrong, I made them a little filly of their own. They were happy, and when I saw you a few years later, I was shocked. Maybe I was more happy... no... amazed... was it all of those? I didn't make you to have magical abilities, or not intentionally.” Moonstone notices Inn's glare. “Oh yes, sorry. I don't kill everypony that comes and sees me. I guess it is a lot though.”

PreviousChapters Next