• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 13,966 Views, 835 Comments

A Whole New Responsibility - Flanagan



Life was going great, then Luna told me the one thing I didn't want to hear. I'm going to be a dad...

  • ...
50
 835
 13,966

1: The News

Six months can be a lot of time to some, but to others it could be no time at all. What you can do with that time is nearly endless. If you were to tell me that exactly six months and three weeks ago that the girl I would end up falling in love with would have literally ran into me I would’ve called you crazy. Then if you continued and said that she’d actually be a pony princess from a television show for little girls I would’ve punched you in the face and called the cops.

Now in the time it took the cops to get to where we were and you told me that’d I’d love her so much I’d follow her back to her ‘world’ and give up things like steak, ribs and bacon I may or may not have spared the government money and put you down myself. However, even with all of that being said, somehow, someway all of that actually happened. I’m living in a world full of pastel colored horses and I’m the boyfriend/consort (Whatever they want to call me) of one of the co-rulers of an entire nation.

This may come as a shock to you but I never expected anything like this to happen to me. Furthermore now I’m sitting here at the dining hall table, spoonful of the pony equivalent of Wheaties in my mouth, that woman I fell in love with sitting next me with a huge smile on her face and her sister sitting on the opposite side of the table with the exact same expression as me. Now I know that most of you are wondering what the hell right now, especially on account that you’ve just only started reading. Perhaps I got a tad bit ahead of myself. I really should bring you back to the beginning.

I woke up with my head pounding from yet another headache. I’d been getting them more and more lately, but they were never bad enough to wake me up like this. I tried to make it go away by forcing my head back into my pillow for a few minutes straight, but it was no use.

“I need some water…” I grumbled, slowly dragging myself out of bed.

Though I decided on the fact that I should get a drink, I needed to do so quietly. I didn’t want to risk waking her up. She always looked so peaceful when she slept and if not for her the first few months here would’ve been a living hell. It was pretty much a role reversal from when we first met, but I managed to swallow enough pride to let her do what she needed to.

Walking into our bathroom I closed the door and flipped on the lights, she may be the princess of the night but I still couldn’t see in the dark. Fumbling around due to the persistent headache and overall wake up grogginess I finally arrived at the sink, but there was a problem.

“No glasses…” I growled staring into the mirror. “Terrific…”

That certainly complicated my mission. Now I had to go all the way down to the kitchen and grab one. If I was in my old apartment that would’ve been just fine, but on account that I was living in a castle the trip was now significantly longer. Stepping out of the bathroom, I slowly kept past our bed, hoping that I wouldn’t step on anything that would wake her up.

I finally reached the door to the hallway and with one last look at my princess (cheesy but true) I was off to get myself a glass of water. But fate had other plans in store for me, plans that involved falling flat on my face because I ran into something just outside the door. Usually I’d get up quick after falling over something, but the combination of waking up early and my headache made sure that I wasn’t going to be going anywhere for a while. Groaning to myself I rolled onto my back to see who (or what) I had run into and much to my surprise it was someone that I actually wanted to see.

“Morning Celestia…” I grumbled, “How are you today?”

“It’s three o’ clock in the afternoon Aedan.” Celestia replied looking down on my pathetic state. “Are you ok?”

“I’ll live…” I said covering my eyes that the excessive amount of light in the hallway. “You know I’ve been through worse…”

“Of course…” she replied with a smile as her horn started to glow. “Do you need help getting up?”

“If I did I’d have life alert…”

“What?”

“Something where I’m from…” I explained slowly rising to my feet. “I guess I’m not that funny when I-Ow…”

I clutched my skull, trying to dull the pain as best I could as I rose. I could tell that Celestia was slightly concerned, but I shrugged it off like anyone too tough for their own good. That didn’t stop her from staring though. After all, she did like enough about me to be worried when I looked hurt.

“Headaches again?” She asked, tilting her head.

“What was your first clue?” I asked back, still holding my head.

“Well at least it’s not your leg anymore.” she said looking down. That was another thing I had to thank her for, she managed to enchant my limb to where I didn’t have to take it off. It was almost as good as the real thing. (I stress the word ‘almost’)

“I guess I could say I have that going for me…” I shrugged, starting to walk past her. “But right now I could really use a drink of water.”

“You know I can make you one right?”

“Well then, if you would be so kind…” I replied, holding out my hand.

Without so much as a thought a faint glow encompassed her horn, as if she wasn’t even trying. A few seconds later a sudden flash of light caught me off guard, nearly causing me to fall over again, but a combination of impeccable balance and magic saved be that grief. When I opened my eyes I saw Celestia holding a glass of water in her hoof, rolling her eyes.

“You’re lucky I didn’t put it in your hand…” she said floating the glass over to me. “Is there anything else you need?”

“Well actually…” I said after downing the glass in a few gulps. “I kinda need to talk to you about… wait, why were you up here in the first place?”

“Excuse me?” Celestia asked, cocking an eyebrow. “I’ve lived here for nearly eight hundred years. I think I can go where I wish.”

“I know that, but why are you here now?” I said pointing to the door, “You know this is when Luna and I sleep right?”

“Of course I do.” Celestia replied. “I respect your time and privacy most of the time, but it seems that you two don’t more often than not.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, “I don’t recall us interrupting day court.”

“You aren’t physically interrupting day court, as in running into the throne room during meetings…” Celestia explained as her horn began to glow yet again. “I’m casting a soundproofing spell over your quarters.”

“Why the hell would you…? Oh…”

“The two of you can be quite distracting…” Celestia said finishing her work, “especially when Luna involuntarily starts using her Royal Canterlot Shout.”

“Have you tried a really good set of ear plugs?” I suggested, “Done wonders for me.”

The look on Celestia’s face when she turned to me was nearly priceless. I’d never seen someone so bemused in their life, but she knew I was joking and given her nature when it came to jokes I knew she could take them as well as dish them out. Then I remembered that one serious thing I needed to ask her about, Luna.

“About that one thing I needed to talk to you about…” I said looking to the ceiling. “It’s Luna…”

“What’s wrong with her?” Celestia asked, growing concerned. “Do I need to wake her and-“

“No, no it’s nothing serious…” I said waving my hands. “At least I don’t think it is…”

“Well, what is it?” Celestia asked, raising her voice. “I must know if there is something-“

“Easy Princess I’ll tell you.” I interrupted, “But not here… Luna’s still sleeping.”

“Alright.” Celestia replied, “Shall we walk?”

“Yeah…” I answered looking away, “But can I ask one more thing?”

“Say no more.” she replied with a smile as her horn began to glow.

Suddenly a golden orb appeared around her leaving only a faint shadowy figure at its center. I’d never quite gotten used to that sight. It was just so entrancing that no man could look away. Soon after the orb had completely engulfed her I saw the shadowy outline of her body begin to change, forelegs to arms hooves to hands and toes until finally I could see the unmistakable shape of a human in the orb. A few seconds came to pass and the light faded, revealing a very tall, very attractive nude woman.

“Clothes! Clothes! Clothes!” I yelled covering my eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry…” she said with a giggle, “I forgot that you like it better when I’m wearing something when I look like this.”

“Yes, now please… if you wouldn’t mind?”

“Very well…” she sighed snapping her fingers. “Is THIS better?”

I stopped shielding my eyes momentarily to see whether or not the Princess had made herself decent. She had been known to lull me into a false sense of security before making me bask in her glory again. Fortunately this time she understood that I was trying to be serious and decided to go for a very casual look. For some reason she had chosen a white open-necked sweater and hip hugging blue jeans, the sneakers were a nice touch though.

“So…” she said pulling me into her as we walked away from the door. “What was it you needed to talk about?”

“Well…” I began letting out a deep sigh. “It’s Luna, I’m worried about her.”

“Why?” Celestia asked taking the first few steps downstairs. “Is she ill?”

“A little I guess.” I replied shrugging my shoulders. “She’s thrown up randomly a few times this past month, but there’s no real fever or anything… it just happens.”

“I see.” Celestia replied rubbing her chin with her free hand. “That is quite odd come to think of it.”

“I know.” I said, “And just the other day, she says that her… uh… chest is feeling weird.”

“Weird?” Celestia replied, looking to her own mounds. “I’d say they feel weird all of the time.”

At the moment, Celestia began to use her free hand to grope herself. It took an awful lot for me not to look, but I knew that if she continued I would eventually give in and start to stare.

“Celestia…” I said using all of my will power to look away. “Please stop that.”

“Oh, of course.” She replied slapping me in the chest. “I’m sorry, but when I do that I can become quite fixated on the peculiar motions they make.”

“You’re not the only one…”

“I know, besides...” Celestia replied with a smile, pulling me closer. “It’s fun to see you squirm.”

“Could we please get back to the task at hand?” I said trying to hide the red in my face.

“Of course.” Celestia said looking forward. “What else troubles you?”

“Something we’ve both known.” I answered.

“And that is?”

“Luna hasn’t been able to change back into a pony for a little over a month.” I answered. “I’m worried that the spell she uses has become permanent.”

“She’s still unable to change?” Celestia replied, becoming very serious in an instant. “That is very strange, though I have spoken to her about her… situation. There seems to be no magical means of returning her to her original state.”

“So she may not be able to accomplish her duties?”

“Oh no… I made sure that she’d be able to complete her nightly activities while we try to figure this whole thing out.” Celestia replied lifting her hand to open a door. “She can essentially do everything I can do in my human form, including ability to move celestial objects.”

“That’s a relief.” I sighed, “I’d hate to be the reason for one of the most powerful beings around to be rendered inert.”

“No need to worry Aedan.” Celestia assured. “Things like this have happened in the past, I’m sure there’s no need to fret.”

“If you say so…” I said shaking my head. “Thanks I guess…”

“Anytime Aedan.” She replied with a smile, “Anything else you want to talk about?”

“Yeah…” I said looking around. “Why are we in your room?”

Celestia took a second to check her surroundings before looking back to me. “I guess I thought this would be a good place to talk.” She said shrugging her shoulders.

“Alright then…” I said turning around. “I’ll see you in-“

“Wait Aedan.” She said grabbing my arm. “There is one more thing I must do.”

“Really?” I asked “What else could you-“

I was interrupted by the sudden feeling of her hand latching onto my head. My initial surprise forced me to stay put, but when her eyes began to glow I knew what she was planning. I stood there and smiled as my headache became no more. A few seconds later her hand left my head what was left of my headache was gone, allowing me to really think clearly for the first time today.

“Thanks Celestia.” I said rubbing my head. “I needed that.”

“Don’t mention it.” She replied taking a seat on her bed. “You know all you have to do is ask.”

“I’ll remember that.” I said walking outside, “See you in a few hours.”

“You too Aedan…” she said waving as her orb encompassed her. “You too.”

It didn’t take me long to walk back to our room, it was only on the other side of the castle. Once I had arrived I looked to the white gold doors with a moon emblem and took a deep breath. Opening the door as quietly as possible I snuck into the room, doing my best not to tip off the sleeper inside. It took me nearly a minute, but I finally got to our bed, with masterful precision I slid myself between the sheets.

“Damn I’m good…” I whispered, rolling over to take one last look at Luna before passing out. “Hope you get better soon babe…”

A bright light filled my eyes, telling me one of two things had happened. Either Celestia had created a miniature sun and tossed it into our room (again…) or Luna was awake. Passing off the first option as nonsense I opened my eyes to see that the lights had been turned on. I also noticed that our bathroom door was open and I needed to do the one thing that every guy does when they wake up, regardless of time. I walked inside, expecting to see Luna getting ready for the day, but after a few seconds I realized I was the only person in there I became slightly confused. That is until I felt a pair of arms slowly wrap around my waist and gently squeeze.

“Good evening Aedan…” Luna said, burying her head into my back. “Did you sleep well?”

“As well as I could, considering what’s going on…” I said, spinning around to return the affection. “I’m sure you slept just fine though.”

“You’re still worried about me?” she asked looking up to me. “I’ve told you things like this happen, at random even. Did I tell you about the time Tia lost her ability to control the sun for a month?”

“I guess that makes me feel a little better about all this.” I said rubbing my fingers through her star studded locks. “At least you can keep your regular hair.”

“I thought you liked it the way I had in your world.”

“Hey don’t get me wrong, I love dark brunette just as much as the next guy, but midnight blue with actual stars seems far more fitting.”

“You always know just what to say don’t you?” Luna said getting on her tiptoes to lean in for a kiss.

“I don’t think I’d be here if I didn’t…” I replied, meeting her halfway.

It was a good minute before the two of us parted. I couldn’t help but smile as Luna just seemed to melt into my arms like warm butter. I then turned to the clock and noticed that she had slept it, there was only about an hour or so before she had to get to work.

“I’ll let you have the bathroom first.” I said patting her head, “You’ve got a job to do.”

“I was actually thinking since our time is so limited…” She replied using her fingers to crawl up my chest. “That we could share the bathroom today… The shower I had installed should be working now.”

“That shower’s way too small.” I said, looking behind my shoulder. “That thing’s barely big enough for me, why would you even-”

A quick kiss on my cheek broke my logic rant followed by a certain look that one would usually give in the adjacent room made the gears in my head start turning. Without a seconds thought my hands traveled from her shoulders to the small of her back and pulled her in. A small squeak passed through her lips before I pressed my own against hers, pulling away my face nearly matched her expression prior to what I had done.

“Well…” I growled in a testosterone induced state, “I guess we could find a way to save time…”

Some forty five minutes and two showers later, (for obvious reasons) the two of us were finally starting to prepare for the evening. I just threw on a shirt, pair of jeans and the shoes I came here with. Luna, on the other hand, had to be far more formal. She chose to wear the dress Rarity made for her when we first got back, a solid black dress that complimented her curves, covering her up quite nicely save the moon shaped hole that gave a peek at her assets.

“It looks fine…” I grumbled, not bothering to look as I finished tying my shoes.

“You didn’t even know if I was going to ask you anything…” Luna replied, putting on her pouty face.

“I know…” I said taking a good look at her. “I’m just making sure you know that I think you look fine.”

“Well thank you.” Luna said sitting next to me. “But there IS something I need to speak with you about…”

“Yeah?” I asked throwing my arm over her shoulder. “What is it?”

“I… I need to go somewhere before I begin my duties…” she said looking away. “If you would be so kind as to keep Celestia busy in the meantime I’d-“

“Say no more sweet heart.” I said patting her on the pack, “You do what you need to do. I’ll take care of your sister.”

“It’s good to know I have you when I need you.” She replied wrapping her arms around me.

“What else am I here for?” I asked. “Now get going, I won’t be able to stall long.”

“Of course,” Luna replied, bouncing to her feet, “I won’t be long. The task I must complete is rather simple.”

Before I could respond Luna closed the door behind herself with a rushed and forceful slam. I could only shake my head and smile. She was absolutely adorable when she was excited, but it made me wonder what she was so giddy about.

About ten minutes later I was in the dining hall, pouring a bowl of cereal for breakfast. This place was so similar to where I had come from. (Minus the talking pastel miniature horses that is) It helped me forget everything I had given up to come here. Suddenly in the middle of pouring the milk, the doors to the hall gently pushed themselves open, revealing a certain white alicorn and several guards behind her.

Paying no mind to her I continued to pour my milk until I found it satisfactory. However that didn’t bode well with one of the guards. He charged me fire in his eyes and rage in heart.

“ARE YOU BLIND COMMONER?!” he roared, pointing to Celestia. “THAT IS THE PRINCESS OF EQUESTRIA! IF YOU DON’T BOW THIS INSTANT I’LL-“

“Jesus Christ Celestia, where do you get these guys?” I said in the middle of the guards rant. “You’d think they’re training would give them more tact.”

Celestia was about to reply but her overzealous guard beat her to the punch. “THAT’S PRINCESS CELESTIA TO YOU!” He yelled. “NOW BOW BEFORE I-“

“I’m an American, kid…” I said interrupting him once again, getting a spoonful of cereal. “I don’t bow to anyone.”

“I DON’T CARE!” He roared back. “NOW GET ON YOUR KNEES BEFORE I MAKE YOU FREAK!”

I placed the spoon back into the bowl and calmly pushed myself away from table. A smile grew on the guard’s face, but that smile faded the moment I stood up. I was a good three feet taller than him and I used that intimidation to my advantage.

“Listen here kid…” I growled, looming over him. “If you EVER call me a freak again I will personally-“

“Guards!” Celestia suddenly blurted out. “Leave us, now…”

Those behind her nodded and walked away slowly, the one who was eager to prove himself however, ran away with his tail literally between his legs. Then it was just Celestia and I, nothing but a massive table between us. Slowly and calmly, Celestia walked closer until she was standing exactly opposite of me from across the table.

“I’m so sorry about that…” she said full of remorse. “You know how the new guards can be…”

“Yeah…” I said, “I know…”

“Are you going to sit back down?” she asked. “I would hate to see your breakfast go bad.”

“I could…” I said finally remembering to unclench my fists. “But right now I just need to-“

Suddenly the familiar hum of that transformation spell filled the hall. I shielded my eyes, not for the fact that I may or may not see a naked woman but just because the light was so damn bright. Seconds passed and the light faded, prompting me to lower my hand. What I saw on the other side was the same woman I had a talk with a few hours ago, wearing the same thing she was then.

“You don’t have to do that to make me feel more at home Celestia.” I said taking a seat.

“I may not need to, but I want to.” She said sitting directly across from me. “You know I want you to feel as comfortable as possible.”

“I know…” I sighed. “And you have no idea how much I appreciate that, but it doesn’t help the fact that over half of this nation hates me because I walk on two legs instead of four.”

“Didn’t Luna give you a spell similar to ours?” she asked resting her head on her hands. “Why can’t you just use that?”

“I could, but it just doesn’t feel… natural…” I said, struggling to find the right words. “Mom always said you should be who you are, even if everyone hates you for it.”

“I could understand that.” Celestia replied with a knowing nod, “I’ve known you to be a man of conviction.”

“I guess you could say that.” I said letting loose a chuckle, “I’ve always-“

“It’s a very admirable quality.”

“What?”

“Your unwillingness to change for the sake of acceptance.” Celestia replied. “Ponies have always been so fickle and worried about how they are perceived among others that they do things they wouldn’t normally do for the sake of being liked by the masses.”

“Well there’s one thing our kinds share in common.” I said. “Fortunately I’m not one of those people… besides…” I brought up my hands and wriggled my fingers. “I can’t pick up stuff to save my life with hooves.”

A sweet smile and short laugh came from her just seconds before the doors swung open, slamming into the walls on either side. Celestia and I looked to the doors, expecting to see an entire company of guards standing there with some sort of dire news that would mean life and death. Instead we saw Luna standing in the middle of the door way, eyes wide and a smile so bright you had to wear sunglasses.

“Aedan!” she exclaimed running to my side and kissing my cheek. “Thank you for stalling my sister.”

“Don’t mention it…” I said remembering that that was my job as she wrapped her arms around me as tightly as she could.

“I was about to question where you were Luna.” Celestia said with a cocked eyebrow. “Do you mind informing us?”

“Ah yes.” Luna said jumping into my lap. “Once I had awoken this evening I decided that I needed to take some tests at the royal infirmary.”

“The infirmary?” I asked, looking just as confused as Celestia. “Why would you need to go there?”

“It is the only place that could perform such a test Aedan.” Luna answered putting her free hand on my chest. “Nowhere else in all of Equestria has such equipment.”

“I see…” I nodded, taking a spoonful of cereal in my mouth. “What did the test say?”

“Aedan I have wonderful news…” she said suddenly pulling out a small stick. “I’m Pregnant!”

So, here I am, sitting at the dining hall’s table, pony equivalent of Wheaties in my mouth, with a look of shock that’s mirrored by Celestia. Luna just said the two words that I don’t think any man would ever be ready to hear. Might as well get on with it now, I’m going to be a dad. God help me.

Author's Note:

There you have it folks... Aedan and Luna are back! :yay:
A lot of things can happen in such a short amount of time...
Aedan why you be gettin' headaches?
Luna needs to learn to be quiet... day court is supposed to be very serious! :rainbowlaugh:
Oh, Celestia... you so silly.
Thanks for the talk Tia, he needed that... (but don't grab your boobs next time... it's distracting) :applejackconfused:
Looks like Aedan and Luna are looking close... even closer in the shower. :rainbowwild:
Distract... got it...
'MERICA! F%$K YEAH!
Did that punka## guard seriously just call Aedan a freak?! :twilightangry2: you better run dude... because hell hath no fury :flutterrage:
Tia with the calming talk, she's so nice. :twilightsmile:
Oh hey Luna! Where've you been? ... ... ... ... Why were you at the infirmary? ... ... ...
:rainbowhuh: YOU'RE WHAT?!?! :pinkiegasp: x infinite!!!!!1!!!!

So I was thinking... All of you deserve to see my head canons for what the royal sisters look like in their human forms... just so you get an idea of what Aedan had to deal with...
Let's start with Tia!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/653/693/6e5.jpg
And now Luna!
http://derpicdn.net/img/2013/12/4/489467/large.jpeg
Sweet dreams ladies and gents!