• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 430 Views, 3 Comments

Lyra - Escalation - XyroX



Lyra has to fight herself to be the pony she wants to be. Will she defeat her own mind and emotions?

  • ...
 3
 430

Epilogue

It’s over now, finally. I caused so much damage, I took so many lives… and still Celestia won’t punish me. I guess she is right, it wasn’t me who did all these cruel things, it was the human me and its negative emotions that controlled me and finally overwhelmed me to take control over my body. I hope I really got rid of all this now. Being human isn’t bad, as long as you’re human in a human world. In Equestria, humans can cause too much damage. I’m glad the portal is destroyed so nobody will ever again come here to maybe finish what I began. Somehow it’s funny, isn’t it? All this started just because I wanted to get a job as a harpist. At least I reached one goal I sat me that day: I really changed my life, even more than I could ever have imagined. Now that I’m a real citizen of Equestria, maybe it’s time to get finally a private life. A job, a house, a partner… through I won’t ever forget Bon Bon. How could I? without her I would never have been able to be where I am now. I never had killed Sunset and I never had gotten rid of the darkness in my mind. I know, deep inside me, she’ll always be alive. Not just as a memory, but as a part of me. Somehow she took in the place my human part left behind. She will always be with me.

Comments ( 2 )

I finally managed to find some time to read it, and it wasn't a wasted time :)

Again, this story was pretty short and fast, concentrated at That One Moment. But that's not a bad thing. Your stories are perfect to read them in bed, before sleep, as you won't have the problem of One More chapter - you can read it all. And it's good for the reader, as they won't need to stay up all night :)

Fast, brief and great. You are doing a fine job, keep it up :)

I just read through all three stories after months on my read-later-list. The writing on this third seems to be noticeably better. The prior stories had several grammar/spelling errors I found rather jarring.

Something I was wondering though: does anyone else feel they are rather misanthropic? I mean Sunset was apparently evil solely because she was a former human. Lyra's human part had one redeeming feature: her love of Bon-Bon; but she was still willing to work alongside her murderer. In addition neither made any objection when ponies stated that humans wanted only to kill and/or torture and/or enslave all other forms of life. Also, in the third chapter of this fic, Lyra states

I just lost control and was overwhelmed by my emotions! I trusted them and my human part… but they just used me to get stronger. I should never let them control me like they did."

But, unless I misinterpreted something: Lyra was (more or less) in control of her actions up until the first chapter of this story.

I know this comment is several months late I just thought I'd put my thoughts out there.

Login or register to comment