• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Tree Angel - The Princess Rarity

"Ah wanna do it!"

"You did it last year!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yeah, ya did!"

"Ya dare callin' me a liar?!"

"...eeyup."

Applejack narrowed her eyes towards her elder brother and swiftly took the tree topper into her mouth, bolting straight for the living room, with Macintosh right on her heels.

"Ya cain't do that!" he called after her. "That's cheatin'! Mama! Dad! Granny! AJ's cheatin'!"

"Yer bein' mean!" Applejack countered as she skidded into the main centre of their cozy little home. "It's mah turn t' decorate!"

Macintosh scowled, and started to fight his little sister for the final touch of the Hearth's Warming tree, causing the both of them to whine and argue about who was going to get the honor of placing the beautiful decoration on the top. Unfortunately, in the midst of their fight, the colt and filly ended up rolling right into the tree, knocking it over and thus getting covered in tinsel, lights and other various ornaments.

"Applejack?" Macintosh said softly as he held back a laugh upon watching his little sister wrestle in the string of lights she had gotten herself trapped into.

"Whatdya want?" she muttered, crossing her forehooves and giving an adorable little frustrated pout.

With a small smile, the colt carefully unraveled one of the strings off of his sister, causing a twinge of a grin to spread across her expression.

"How's 'bout we both put the star on the tree?" he offered.

Applejack giggled and smiled. "Ok, big brother," she said, wrapping him in a hug.

"Mac, quit lyin'! Apple Bloom did it last year, so now it's mah turn! We go backwards in age, remember, ya big lunk?!" Applejack declared, with a roll of her eyes as she fished through the endless boxes of Hearth's Warming decorations.

Big Macintosh simply shook his head and continued wrapping the lights around the freshly cut pine tree. "Nnnnope." he said.

"Yer a cheater." the cowpony muttered, narrowing her eyes towards her older brother. "It's mah turn."

"Ah reckon we went by oldest first." he countered.

"No," Applejack protested. "we go young'uns first, then work our ways upwards."

The two siblings simply stared at each other, both seemingly releasing a scowl simultaneously, only before the mare finally found the tree topper.

It was gold, but not as shiny as it used to be from years past. Dried glue was stuck to the edges of it for some reason, and the silver heart in the center was fogged up. The Princesses of Equestria weren't nearly as regal as they used to be - what with half of Celestia's crown missing and Luna's wing broken.

...still despite it's flaws, it still put a smile on Applejack's expression.

"Y'know what, Mac?" she inquired.

"What?" Macintosh replied as he plugged in the lights, muttering a swear under his breath due to static electricity from the outlet.

A moment of silence passed, only before Applejack held up the tree topper. "Whatdya say we clean this 'ole thang up and put it up together?"

The stallion thought for a moment, slightly confused, only before he saw the light and gave a smile in return.

...another wonderful thing about Hearth's Warming - the memories.